Reach Muliplayer Trailer Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely loving the updates. :) But the one thing that has me seriously freaked out is a short bit at the end of one of the weekly update's paragraphs.

Urk said this

Seeing a pattern develop? Shotty nerfed at close range? Elites require two melee strikes to the back to take down? 32 player matches in Reach? (Nope, still capped at 16.)

If you saw something on April 1st that got you all hot and bothered, you should take a moment alone to cool your jets, turbo.

If they suggest we should see a pattern, there's definitely something going on under the hood. And if we saw something, I'm assuming they don't want too much speculation? Perhaps because they don't want something exposed just yet? Does anybody see any kind of coorelation between nerfing weapons and melee, and the chess vidoc?

My biggest thing is why they would suggest two things that did happen in the vidoc, and then crush a speculated one. So, they probably knew we would know there are 32 chess pieces on a board, and that we'd automatically think 32 player frag fest. But why would they include two other points, and not denounce them too? My guess is because these are possibilites, and in one way or another, they'll be worked into something. :cautious:

I think you should be fine looking up :/

I whish they'd go to the OLD reach radar with the height indication. That was cool.

xalener said:
I think you should be fine looking up :/

I whish they'd go to the OLD reach radar with the height indication. That was cool.

Yeah the height indication was pretty cool, it might make to the shipped game ;)

The F'ing Jetpack will indeed be fine, it's harder to aim down and get a good shot while maneuvering so you don't get pegged by the whole enemy team because you're currently the biggest target, then it is to aim up and shoot them.

Also, have any of you played the beta yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
The elite thing also applies to multiplayer which seems very challenging. They said in matchmaking they will have spartan vs spartan matchmaking, elite vs elite and for those who want a real challenge spartan vs elite that we saw in the trailer. I believe in that gametype/matchmaking playlist there will be more players on the spartan side while elites get the buffed up treatment.

SPARTAN-089 said:
The elite thing also applies to multiplayer which seems very challenging. They said in matchmaking they will have spartan vs spartan matchmaking, elite vs elite and for those who want a real challenge spartan vs elite that we saw in the trailer. I believe in that gametype/matchmaking playlist there will be more players on the spartan side while elites get the buffed up treatment.

I'm so going to hate those pro elite player's, so, so, so, much.

Don't worry I think spartans will also be quicker then elites along with the sprinting aspect of it, they make it seem like assassinations will be plentiful with them.

I don't think so. It's been said that the elites ar faster and tougher than spartans... they just evade instead of sprint. Plus, the Spartans will have numbers over the elites.

SPARTAN-089 said:
Don't worry I think spartans will also be quicker then elites along with the sprinting aspect of it, they make it seem like assassinations will be plentiful with them.

From Bungie:

"Natively, Elites are about as fast as a Spartan at full Sprint."

Hmmm... fall damage and no regenerative health...

I wonder how much this will change the overall feel of MP.

Ronster said:
Hmmm... fall damage and no regenerative health...

I wonder how much this will change the overall feel of MP.

much more tactical like CE.

Enrisan said:
much more tactical like CE.

After every firefight, you've got to run away for a health pack... doesn't seem very tactical to me...

Anyone who fights you with more health has a huge upper-hand...

Ronster said:
After every firefight, you've got to run away for a health pack... doesn't seem very tactical to me...

Anyone who fights you with more health has a huge upper-hand...

Well, at least it's better than the ODST health system...Though I agree. Health packs are just annoying most of the time, and Halo fanboys take "tactics" way too seriously. It's a pretty quick paced game, tactics are pretty useless in a lot of situations. I found H3 fit all my tactical needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back