Reach Spartan III Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good man! You seem to be quick with the Pep work. Curious, do you use an X-acto knife to cut or scissors? I've heard of scissors working but I'm still skeptical because of my unsteady hands.

I mostly use scissors. Seem to be the fastest with that. I probably have a pretty unique way of cutting it out to minimize paper bends. I would say go with whatever works best for you, just don't cut yourself:)

Been highly productive.

I present my mostly finished chest piece...
chest7.jpg

chest5.jpg

It's not completely pepped, but I'm very satisfied with how it turned out.

Also was able to put together my shoulder attachments.
shoulder1.jpg

Lastly I just felt like putting some of the stuff i had on for a pic.
chest3.jpg

lganderson your build is going awesome bro and its all comeing out so clean i also wanted to say thanks for the files also i love the idea for your film sounds like its going to be awesome we were diong a star wars fan film but we ran into money porblems so thats on hold for now fricken economy
thats our fan film trailer lol anyway i wanted to say geart job and keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
HAIL! There be another master among us! Epicness. Pure epicness in the pepping. *stands in awe*

What pepakura file did you use for the chest? Looks like rundowns but after a closer inspection I found that it is another one:p Could you give us a link please:D

I read trought the whole thread and found out that he combined his work with rundown and spartan-029. Could you release it to us? Im dying to build a chest piece like that!

lganderson your build is going awesome bro and its all comeing out so clean i also wanted to say thanks for the files also i love the idea for your film sounds like its going to be awesome we were diong a star wars fan film but we ran into money porblems so thats on hold for now fricken economy
thats our fan film trailer lol anyway i wanted to say geart job and keep it up

Really enjoyed your trailer. Money is always the biggest hurdle. We've been making movies for a long time now, and for this one we're trying to pull out all the stops. But money is definitely slowing us down. We'll get through it though:)

HAIL! There be another master among us! Epicness. Pure epicness in the pepping. *stands in awe*

Thanks Sean, means a lot. I really enjoy doing this work and will for sure be continuing doing this behind our movie.

I read trought the whole thread and found out that he combined his work with rundown and spartan-029. Could you release it to us? Im dying to build a chest piece like that!

I did start off with rundown's model, but started to rework everything. Most it is from me, but I used the parts under the arms from spartan-029's model so I could print it out and get working on it right away. I'm going to rework some minor details on it, but I'll put it up as soon as I can for all you guys. I'm really happy with how it turned out, especially with the back.

Also once the game comes out I'm going to be making my own complete collection of Reach models, with as much detail and accuracy as I can.

Side note: be sure to check out or film thread later today for our next video blog update. Where we weekly share new bungie news and show our armor progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I cant wait for that chest! It is the most accurate reach chest piece I have seen on this forum!:D

great pep.. made the same knife and sheath. hated the size of the sheath and had to make it alot smaller. keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back