Recon Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

big4wheeler

Jr Member
So I've finally gotten everything settled down in my life. I decided to start up a new project, the highly coveted (to me) recon armor. To my dismay I cannot find the scaling tutorial for it, I've gone through Belakor's and Slyfo's threads but I still cannot find it. Does anyone know it? I've tried scaling it with other calculations but they seem off...

If this has been posted in the wrong spot, I apologize and would like it moved to the correct spot, I have not been on here for a long time and it has quiet changed from the days of old.

I've seen that post quiet a few times looking throughout for the scaling size. But I need to thank you because I never read the FAQ part of it, I just read through it and come to find out, I needed to assemble the entire thing and find out if it fit or not. I've printed it and it looked to small, and you answered my question right there. Thanks! :) I'll have a thread up maybe tonight with my progress and if its too small or not.

hey there. just had to put my two cents worth in, lol. the recon armour generally uses the same scaling and measuring approach as the standard Mk 6 armour. also, a lot of the pieces are made to scale for a normal sized person, in my experience at least. if anything, you might have to size up the pieces for a change. so long story short, if you know how to scale the Mk 6 armour, you already know how to scale the recon armour :). and i wouldn't mind making me a suit of recon armour... but i am a bit iffy on the topic of the range of motion while wearing it... when you are done, would you be able to fire me off a PM about he much/how little the chest piece, coupled with the shoulders impedes the range of motion for your arms ?

If you read the 3rd thread, It explains how I can help you scale an armour part or two properly using a mixture of scaling methods. It will give you a better understanding of what to do when scaling your armour, and how to get it right the first time around.

Outlaw@: Ohh okay! Thanks that's a big help. And do you know if the Helmet is scaled to a normal size person? My head is an XL sized helmet including padding (American style football), so it may be needed to scaled up a little. Pm wise, you've got it, but this is probably gonna end up as a year long project at best, I've still got a quite a bit of stuff I need to get done, so don't expect one here within the next few weeks, sorry.

Xtreme@: I'll have to look into that one!

Hey, I actually just finished Pepping out Belakor's Recon helm file the other day, no scaleing or anything, and it fits (me atleast; I'm about 5'10, 5'11) like a charm, with still (just) enough room for reinforceing and light padding. Had to trim up the neck and inner eye wrap-around visor shild thing to fit right, but it turned out fairly perfect (you can see in my pic). So depending on your size, it might only need very slight scaling (1-2%).

hope this helps...

L.Z.

big4wheeler said:
L.Z.@: Whoah, thats nice! Okay thanks, I'll try that out, I'm 6'1" and has a linemans body :lol

Haha, thanks man. :) yeah... I'm more sterotypical "geek" build, so scaling might be a little differant for ya lol. Also, I found that if your on a... tight... budget (as in next to none) cell-phone screen protectors work AMAZINGLY as Recon visor material, I used 2 2x4in sheets for mine with a little bit of clear cello tape around the edges to keep them secure (they have adhesive backing, but tend to slip 'cause of the wrap-around).

Last edited by a moderator:
lordzoabar said:
Haha, thanks man. :) yeah... I'm more sterotypical "geek" build, so scaling might be a little differant for ya lol. Also, I found that if your on a... tight... budget (as in next to none) cell-phone screen protectors work AMAZINGLY as Recon visor material, I used 2 2x4in sheets for mine with a little bit of clear cello tape around the edges to keep them secure (they have adhesive backing, but tend to slip 'cause of the wrap-around).

Ah, okay. And I can't say I'm on that tight of a budget but thanks for the info :)

big4wheeler said:
Outlaw@: Ohh okay! Thanks that's a big help. And do you know if the Helmet is scaled to a normal size person? My head is an XL sized helmet including padding (American style football), so it may be needed to scaled up a little. Pm wise, you've got it, but this is probably gonna end up as a year long project at best, I've still got a quite a bit of stuff I need to get done, so don't expect one here within the next few weeks, sorry.

Xtreme@: I'll have to look into that one!

haha no problem, i have a tone of project on the go as well, so when ever you get around to it is fine haha. and i used the smooth recon file on halo costuming wiki, and i didn't have to change anything yet (not done building it, but so far its fitting perfectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back