[Release] Halo Reach Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I don't know how to interpret that. I'm not sure if I want to either.

Maybe this picture will help. ; )

Thanks for the elite set, I really appreciate that. :) I will do an unfold for most of them next week.

For all of you that are having this problem I've imported them into pepakura and uploaded them to the following link http://www.4shared.com/zip/dMsLs-L3/Helmet_Additions_PDO.html?

Nice idea, glad it worked for you carpa.

Gotta say, I am impressed.

I'm happy that the 405th is a community dedicated to sharing methods, techniques, and technology for the betterment of armoring, modelling, and all of that other good stuff we're great at.
And I'm proud that you guys have been friendly to the community this whole time. Great work, keep it up! I've been following the threads at Facepunch for a while, and it doesn't seem as open as we are here, considering tolerance levels on the net. Proud of you guys, very proud!

On another note, I must also ask, will there be a release for vehicles, ships, and miscellenia such as scenery in the future?

Just noticed certain posts were removed, although it took me quite some while to write these lines, it may be for the better so we can go on in a nice and friendly treatment of each other.

On another note, I must also ask, will there be a release for vehicles, ships, and miscellenia such as scenery in the future?

Definitely YES! These objects will show up here sooner or later. Any specific model you're after?

A valid question, though I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Definitely YES! These objects will show up here sooner or later. Any specific model you're after?

How can you be sure that PaigeMaster has these files or has any intentions of releasing these?

Just noticed certain posts were removed, although it took me quite some while to write these lines, it may be for the better so we can go on in a nice and friendly treatment of each other.

I'm thinking assest such as the Pelican, its interior, the Phantom and its interior, the Light Frigate, Elite drop pods, weapon racks for both Covies and UNSC, and ODSTs.

Basically items that you can utilize in animation, epic scenery art, and the like.

And I'm starting to get used to the appearance of the Elites in Halo 4, as their jaws aren't jutting like the Reach Elites, but could use some adapted armor permutations from both Halo 3 and Reach.

How can you be sure that PaigeMaster has these files or has any intentions of releasing these?

I wasn't speaking for PaigeMaster, I was speaking for myself. I will release it if nobody else is going to do it.
Although I may do it somewhere else, I really don't want to hijack his thread.

And I'm starting to get used to the appearance of the Elites in Halo 4, as their jaws aren't jutting like the Reach Elites, but could use some adapted armor permutations from both Halo 3 and Reach.

Really? I have to take a closer look at the H4 elites. I kinda like the reach ones better. ^^ Halo 4 has some pretty shiny textures.

Really? I have to take a closer look at the H4 elites. I kinda like the reach ones better. ^^ Halo 4 has some pretty shiny textures.

Yeah, the jaws are a little jagged, but they appear more like the Elite jaws in Halo 3 and ODST.
I think the first armor mod that should be developed for that is an adapted Arby armor set. But that'd be in time... a very long time.

I wasn't speaking for PaigeMaster, I was speaking for myself. I will release it if nobody else is going to do it.

Oh, feel absolutely free. Y'know, I was going to get around to it, but since you can't possibly wait and already have all of the files, what use am I any more?

Go nuts, guys! Forget me ever releasing anything again, well done indeed.

Oh, feel absolutely free. Y'know, I was going to get around to it, but since you can't possibly wait and already have all of the files, what use am I any more?

Go nuts, guys! Forget me ever releasing anything again, well done indeed.

Sarcasm aside, you did alot of great work, Paige. Work of this level doesn't go very far unthanked. Big KUDOS, yo. Try not to let small things get to you, eh?
Again, Thank you for taking the time to share these with the 405th.

Elites - Round 2

I'm thinking assets such as the Pelican, its interior, the Phantom and its interior, the Light Frigate, Elite drop pods, weapon racks for both Covies and UNSC, and ODSTs.

Basically items that you can utilize in animation, epic scenery art, and the like.
Vehicles (ext.) I'll probably release the same way as the elites, but will do a separate release of .max/.fbx files - which are set up with better materials and rigs. This will take a significant amount of time.
If you have the know how and tools - the cinematic interior for the phantom in H3ODST is the best.
Scenery stuff is reasonably easy and straightforward, though the drop pods might take a bit - I need to figure out the optimal map to extract them from.

-------
RELEASE
-------
Note: None of these files are unfolded yet.
Included within each .zip
+Relevant geometry (.obj)
+Material/texture data (.mtl)
+Texture images (.jpg)
+Left and Right side geometry (where applicable)
Halo Reach: Elite - Minor armour
eminor.jpg

Incl. Helmet, shoulders, torso, gauntlet, thigh.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - Officer armour
eofficer.jpg

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - Ranger armour
eranger.jpg

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - Zealot armour
ezealfm.jpg

Incl. Helmet, Field Marshall eyebrows, shoulders, torso, gauntlet, thigh.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - General armour
egen.jpg

>>DOWNLOAD<<

That is all for today, and this batch. Looking at the marine/trooper/ODST for the next one. Following that will be equipment - ie. armour ability module and jetpack variants.
At this point I will not take requests. I will release whichever files I think are ready.
I work at my own pace.

CJ

(VV) Reverse-quote:
I think this thread has been inadvertently high-jacked. And I don't think it was sarcasm; I think PaigeMaster is legitimately finished with this thread. I am greatly saddened by this.
I did not intend to do this.
In review, there was a lot of miscommunication and different perspectives on everyone's part. I may have contributed to this more than I should have, and I'll admit that.

However, Paige does have a legitimate point about people making requests/demands to modellers. It is just that how he presented/approached it could have been a bit less...harsh.

In an ideal world, we should just make amends, lock this, and start over - but that's not my call.

I think this thread has been inadvertently high-jacked. And I don't think it was sarcasm; I think PaigeMaster is legitimately finished with this thread. I am greatly saddened by this. Just to specify, I meant that I'm greatly saddened by the attitude displayed in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which part saddens you, the part where a member has stepped in and started posting Elite files now instead of on 12/31 just because someone asked if Elite files were going to be included? Despite the fact that PM stated that he was sitting on the files that were ready for release?
Or the part where that same member who stepped in is actually answering questions about files instead of blatantly holding them hostage for people asking simple questions about them?

Numerous people have the ability to rip this same content as Paigemaster, without using it as leverage for some kind of behavioral conditioning on the forums. A new thread can be started if you think that would be better, one which will have the same content but a bit less attitude. I'll be able to start posting some content as well, probably tomorrow.

I'll be able to start posting some content as well, probably tomorrow.

Then please, feel free to. I'm not wasting my time trying to provide for a community that, for the most part, is pretty gods-darned thankless with how it receives them.

I want this thread locked. If the files are so easy to obtain, extract and post, then please - do so. I do hope that being sharing and caring makes you feel so much nicer and fuzzier than it has me, because I, frankly, am tired of giving and not receiving.

I'm done. Well done, 405th, for completely burning out my desire to be a sharing member of the community. And, may I point out something blatantly obvious?

PAIGE IS A FEMALE NAME.

Then please, feel free to. I'm not wasting my time trying to provide for a community that, for the most part, is pretty gods-darned thankless with how it receives them.

I want this thread locked. If the files are so easy to obtain, extract and post, then please - do so. I do hope that being sharing and caring makes you feel so much nicer and fuzzier than it has me, because I, frankly, am tired of giving and not receiving.

I'm done. Well done, 405th, for completely burning out my desire to be a sharing member of the community.

Dude, shut up. We are a community. We work together. We help each other. We Criticize each other. That is what improves us and that is what makes this forum great. You can't just exploit us by dividing your content into "releases" and demanding that the only thing we are allowed to say is "thank you great master of things we don't have and really want".

While you have been complaining about how we do things around here I have used the models you provided. I had to find my old rip files that I released a while ago to get the Texture for the ODSt helmet because you couldn't just release them in the first place.

HaloReachODSTByJico.png

Here is the download link for the members who appreciate our COMMUNITY!

Remember our motto!
Honor, Armor, Unity

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew a guy who's name was paige so there is no need to be offended about that,anyway
thanks for your effort to bad you did not get that pat on the back,thanks Jico for shareing and careing.

I'm done. Well done, 405th, for completely burning out my desire to be a sharing member of the community. And, may I point out something blatantly obvious?

PAIGE IS A FEMALE NAME.

I will certainly feel free to continue to spend some of my time creating and releasing for this community, as I have been for 4/5 years now. I see a desire for thanks and receiving in your post, what exactly are you looking for here?! I have spent a decent amount of time here creating and sharing, and I rarely feel that my time has been wasted.

And I'm terribly sorry that I didn't leap to the conclusion that a scrrenname of Paige was supposed to be a given female name. It's not nearly as blatantly obvious as something like Jennifer or Michelle, but I'll make sure to jump to that next time.

Locking this per OP's request.
A new thread will be posted tomorrow containing Reach assets, so no need for anyone to make a new one.

The files are great, but your attitude is really harsh. You're not going to get any thanks with that attitude. I agree with Ruze789.

You can't just exploit us by dividing your content into "releases" and demanding that the only thing we are allowed to say is "thank you great master of things we don't have and really want".

Actually, I can, and I assumed the general idea was to thank the provider of the files - not to constantly question the method in which the content was released.

The reason I'm so disillusioned is that the community has no patience - no, Jico, not even you, although I'll admit that you were one of the first people I thought of when obtaining these files, since I thought that providing the MP helmet file might help you along with your modelling.

Instead of patience and gratitude, I got complaints and people disregarding my wishes to question when the next releases would be. I made it clear that pestering would get nobody anywhere, and when pestering occured, my methods for dealing with it were further criticised.

So. Here's how this works from now on:

I obtain files. I don't distribute them, everyone goes without, and frankly, there were fewer cares ever given. I don't think a little patience was ever so much to ask for, but it appears that it was - and therefore, the impatient will go without. If somebody else wants to provide people with content to leech, then... well, more the fool you.

I'm done here. I want a lock on this thread, I want no further files posted in it, and... well, that's the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back