• Right here... right now

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Later... when the flashlight is done

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!!!!!!!

Hey all!!! I have been working on the helmet, I wanted to let you see where I am with it! Thanks to Ruze I have been able to edit the chin to be more accurate and thanks to the makers of Birth of a Spartan for releasing new photos that had pics of Kats armor which helped edit and make a bit more.
So without further ado I give you, Kat!

Picture5.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

So now I just need to finish the back, add the dome, and I am done!! It will still take about a week or two to release because I am going on vacation (visiting grandparents, shh... I get to go to a shooting range and shoot a Colt 1911!!!)
So when I am done I will release it and let it be unfolded!!

It has barely any tris (only put tris where necessary, as in where quads wouldnt fit)

Alright! the neck is now finished! I will post pics sometime later. This thing is coming along fast!!

@Spartan-037- Thank you!!

Your getting better, i think the side and cheek part needs some more love and edit ;)

Alright! the main helmet is FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All that needs to be done now is the flashlight on the right side of the helmet and I will release the file!!

Ok since this helmet is getting a lot of attention, I would like to ask you 405thers.
If you view this post within a minute after I post it, it wont be there. I will add a poll to this thread asking if you want the helmet released now, or release it when I make the flashlight attachment then release it the choice... is yours...

I voted for later. You would at least be able to avoid the "how do I scale this" bombardment on two different items. If you wait and release it all at one time, you can do one scaling, one unfold, etc. Just my 2 cents.

-Matt

I voted for later. You would at least be able to avoid the "how do I scale this" bombardment on two different items. If you wait and release it all at one time, you can do one scaling, one unfold, etc. Just my 2 cents.

-Matt
It's not that hard to set up the flashlight to be able to scale perfectly with the helmet as a separate model... But I agree it is still much more simple to release them as one single model. It's less work and less problematic in the long run.

Well either way the flashlight will be scaled the same, and either way the flashlight will be a separate piece! Just incase you dont want the flashlight on the helmet.
I am leaving the poll up for another 24 hours and then whichever is in the lead I will do!

I say that you should release it now because we have female members making Kat and they need super awesome HD helmets like yours!
Problem is there aren`t any super HD like yours!
No offense to the modelers of the other models...
Note: I`m a guy, not a girl XD

.... D@mn! You just put my helmet to shame! ;) (Serves me right for taking a vacation during summer and not buying a laptop before the trip.) :lol:

Fantastic work btw, keep it up!

Cheers!

Hey Rhinoc, nice model. Just opened it up and put it into pep to try and do an unfold. And I hate to be Mr. Grumpyface, But good God man, that's a lot of polys. HD is great and all, but have you ever tried to pep any of your HD models ? The more polys it has, the more of a nightmare it is to build. Anyway, all of my whining aside, I'll try and have an unfold done later today. As soon as I figure out what to do with this.
unfoldmess.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I'm just complaining, and I think I might be coming off too harsh here. The unfolder's job is to make it buildable, and that's what I'll strive to do.

Double Edit: Hey Rhinoc, you wouldn't mind if I put up an .obj of this (for the other unfolders) since I already have it saved out, would you? I can yank it on your request.

Yeah sorry about that... in Blender it seemed really simple, but when I export it I guess it changes to tri's

gotta get off computer will edit later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back