Rocket......launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadMullet

so after recovering from the flu i did a little work today on the 2 rocket launchers we are making....

this is the main handle as you can see... no detail in it yet, we are getting to it.
100_1588.jpg

here we got that main drum in the middle. with the sides of the box that it fits in...once again no detail
100_1589.jpg

to save time im going to just say that no detail work has been done yet, we are just working on crude shape right now

ummmmm.....
100_1584.jpg

its a little big? this thing is going to be massive... we got the tube lengths cut a little short so we are going to extend them tomorrow...

and just to give an idea....
100_1590.jpg

i know you are all sitting and going to point out the problems with it. and i want to let you know that we are aware of the problems and thats why its a WORK IN PROGRESS. :rolleyes

but if you find something wrong with it that isnt to obvious go ahead and say it... also i shall post more pics as stuff gets done

did i mention we are making 2?

wow thats exactly how im planing on making mine mind making your thread more in depth on how to make it?

sure as soon as im done and have all my final measurments on stuff i will get a little tut. on how i made it..... currently we are just making it up as we go, and bevbor's 3d files have been a great help... he did a good job.

Good effort :D I was thinking about making a warthog chaingun but this might be a better idea. Can you imagine the looks you'll get when you are out and about with that on your shoulder!!!

looking good.

ehh the things i see that i think arent that obvious are: It looks a tad bit too tall, and the shoulder bar goes all the way back to the back pod on the rocket tubes.
example of shoulder bar:
m19h1.jpg

otherwise it looks good.

Cheers,
-John-

DreadMullet said:
sure as soon as im done and have all my final measurments on stuff i will get a little tut. on how i made it..... currently we are just making it up as we go, and bevbor's 3d files have been a great help... he did a good job.

Glad you like it :)
But I didn't publish 3d files yet! Are you using my screenshots as reference?
Wow! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor: yea, we are just using your screen shots... they are magnificent, and ahve been helpful... you dont mind do you?

klowd: thanks for the observations. we are aware that it the handle goes all the way back. we are kinda building it strange. as soon as everything is done it will flow to the back, and the box sits over the handle-witch we havent done yet. so that will drop it like 3in. or more...

thanks for your support there good sirs... hopefully when everything is finally done they will look good.

its just gonna look a tad big because he has to cut out the wood for the handle to go into

LastSpartan said:
That's looking pretty sweet!

Are you going to be able to reload? ^^

if we didnt make it reload would it be as cool.... no... so this bad boy is going to reload.

and we are figuring out a good system to make it shoot mortars (big firework)... we had made a mortar launcher one year, that was pretty sweet, so we decided this needs to shoot mortars as well.

we didnt get much work done yesterday or today because it has been raining...sad face );

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back