Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shines look great.

Thanks thorn :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Okay everyone, small update. I got to resin almost all of my stuff yesterday. Was going to do it sunday, but it was just not a good day lol.

okay, on to what i have finished resining.

Forearms
2012-09-25115949.jpg

Left thigh
2012-09-25160058.jpg

2012-09-25160119.jpg

2012-09-25160133.jpg

Right thigh
2012-09-25160159.jpg

2012-09-25160210.jpg

2012-09-25160226.jpg

Cod
2012-09-25162529.jpg

2012-09-25162548.jpg

2012-09-25162628.jpg

All i have left to resin is the chest piece and chest attachment, :)
Then on to hardening! lol

okay thats all for now, have a great day everyone.

OMG!!!!!!!!! You've been busy!!! LOL! Great looking work. Looks nice and clean. Can't wait to see it with some bondo and all smoothed out! Again, great looking work. Keep it up.

Wow, this is pretty boss man! I have a question, did you use any fiberglass cloth, or did you just mix the resin and paint it on there? Did you use anything to stabilize your pieces so they don't warp during the curing process?

OMG!!!!!!!!! You've been busy!!! LOL! Great looking work. Looks nice and clean. Can't wait to see it with some bondo and all smoothed out! Again, great looking work. Keep it up.

LOL, well i actually had a full day to myself and i used it wisely. :)

yeah i am going to start hardening probably saturday, because i just noticed this evening that i only have 40 days left to finish this suit. I want to try and finish it in 30 if i can so i can go to my buddies halloween party in it. But 40 is for halo 4 lol. I know that the suit will not look all uber and stuff for it, but im ok with that because i will be getting new armor and replacments from unsc hopefully (aka adding stuff and making it look better lol)

well thats all for now, have fun everyone and keep building :)

sorry for double post, but i got a post from darth collision while i was typeing lol *points down*

Wow, this is pretty boss man! I have a question, did you use any fiberglass cloth, or did you just mix the resin and paint it on there? Did you use anything to stabilize your pieces so they don't warp during the curing process?

lol Ninja poster! :)
Thanks very much, and currently everything has just had resin painted on to stiffen it for the rondo i am going to be putting in this weekend, and yes i had some stabalizing popsicle sticks in the pieces that didnt already have stablizers :)
I am digging your build so far too :)

lol It's cause I'm cool like that!

Thanks for the protip! I'll have to keep popsicle sticks in mind when I go to resin stage. And Rondo... is that like bondo only brand-x or something?

Yeah they work wonders:) you should check out tankball's fuel rod gun thread. That boy uses a lot lol.
Rondo is actually a mixture of bondo and resin :) it is a way of hardening the armor piece. So far that is all I have done to my armor. I have never actually used fiberglass cloth before. I might pretty soon, but we shall see.
I know some people here put a thin layer of ronder and then fiberglass over that for added strength. :)
Hope this helps, if u have any other questions feel free to ask and ill answer to the best of my ability, and if I can't i'll send u to someone who can lol

Ok guys small update. Sorry i have been busy getting ready for the renaissance festival this weekend so have not worked on armor much lol. As soon as it is over i will kick it in to high gear i swear lol.

ok anyways so i have rondoed a few things and i would love to show em to you, but for some reason photobucket is giving me issues *rawr* so untill it starts working again you have to wait :p
sorry

EDIT:

ok got photobucket to work at home lol so here are the pics.

Handplates
2012-09-29130403.jpg

Right bicep
2012-09-29130453.jpg

2012-09-29130504.jpg

Knife handle
2012-09-29130519.jpg

and butt of the Cod
2012-09-29130612.jpg

It was a light layer of rondo on them so i will probably be putting another on later :)

ok these next photos have nothing to do with my build, but figured i would show my work lol.

This is a Jun helmet by Raziel-Darkness i made for a friend. Pepped it in a few days, enjoy!
2012-10-03205003.jpg

2012-10-03205013.jpg

2012-10-03205027.jpg

2012-10-03205038.jpg

I plan on making a mold of this after he finishes it completely lol

Rondo looks very nice and clean. Nice pep on the Jun Helmet too. Over all Both project are looking great. :cool

Rondo looks very nice and clean. Nice pep on the Jun Helmet too. Over all Both project are looking great. :cool

I'll second that. Nice rondo base. Looking forward to seeing it in 'glass'.

Redshirt

I too like your rondo coating. Definitely looks like your on your way to having a finished build. Great work. And the Jun helmet looks awesome also.

well it's good to know that everyone likes your rondo, but come on it's just rondo he hasn't even got to the good part yet.

MAte its im an important part that u take ur time . dont be sorry if u take longer than other ppl or than planed. i lovey our work and stay on the ball with the speed that u want ! :)

well it's good to know that everyone likes your rondo, but come on it's just rondo he hasn't even got to the good part yet.

So fox leader? is this a race or what? dont be a jerk dude . nobody is judging ur work as well . this forum should motivate and not downvote people. We are not all the same so let him do what he wants and HOW he wants. Sorry to say that but i dont think that your comment was necassery .

MAte its im an important part that u take ur time . dont be sorry if u take longer than other ppl or than planed. i lovey our work and stay on the ball with the speed that u want ! :)

So fox leader? is this a race or what? dont be a jerk dude . nobody is judging ur work as well . this forum should motivate and not downvote people. We are not all the same so let him do what he wants and HOW he wants. Sorry to say that but i dont think that your comment was necassery .

I'm not dissing him, the rondo is just the first of many steps plus he's trying to get done for halo 4 so yeah it's a bit of a race.

Thanks to everyone who posted, it truly means a lot to me that you all like what i have done so far. :)

Thanks very much thorn :), Yeah this weekend i will probably be helping my friend resin his jun helmet. Glad you like it.

I'll second that. Nice rondo base. Looking forward to seeing it in 'glass'.

Redshirt

Thanks very much Red, i will probably be waiting untill after the halo 4 release to glass it to be honest. Just so i can save some time :) but we will see, i got some more rondoed the other day and plan on doing more today after work, so i might have time before hand.

I too like your rondo coating. Definitely looks like your on your way to having a finished build. Great work. And the Jun helmet looks awesome also.

Sweet 3 people in a row like my rondoing! lol Thanks man! I am honestly right now just hopeing to have a wearable suit for the halo 4 release. After the release i plan on fixing, replasing, or just sprusing up some of the parts for a better looking suit of armor :)
and thanks for the helmet comment too.

I know right! i guess i am doing something right lol. pppfffft good part, this whole process is the good part lol.

Looking good buddy.

Thanks very much Justin :-D

Well i plan on taking my time.... after the halo 4 release lol. Like stated above in my response to Spartan, i plan on having a wearable suit for the halo 4 release, and after that then i will make everything better :)

So fox leader? is this a race or what? dont be a jerk dude . nobody is judging ur work as well . this forum should motivate and not downvote people. We are not all the same so let him do what he wants and HOW he wants. Sorry to say that but i dont think that your comment was necassery.

I'm not dissing him, the rondo is just the first of many steps plus he's trying to get done for halo 4 so yeah it's a bit of a race.

@pig, thanks for sticking up for me, means a lot mate. But as you can see Fox meant no harm.

@fox, your right, i do want to finish before halo 4. and i will definately finsih a wearable suit by then. and as stated above in this post (twice) lol i will be making the suit better after the release :)

I just dont want anyone being mad at anyone here, we are all a communtiy and a great on at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so this is a lot of typing for me, my fingers are tired lol.
Anywho, as stated above, i have rondoed a few more pieces and plan to do more today after work. Sorry no pics, it got dark and i spaced it. I will take some today though for you all i promise. :)
okay thats all for now, have a great day everyone :-D

@pig, thanks for sticking up for me, means a lot mate. But as you can see Fox meant no harm.

@fox, your right, i do want to finish before halo 4. and i will definately finsih a wearable suit by then. and as stated above in this post (twice) lol i will be making the suit better after the release :)

I just dont want anyone being mad at anyone here, we are all a communtiy and a great on at that.

im sorry if i did smthing wrong i just understood it wrong ... so do i thats why i jumped in . i just dont want to have anyone here spreading unnecassery bad mood.

Well i keep hoping that u will do it . dont dissapoint me spartan ! :)

~Spartan Spes 256 out.

im sorry if i did smthing wrong i just understood it wrong ... so do i thats why i jumped in . i just dont want to have anyone here spreading unnecassery bad mood.

Well i keep hoping that u will do it . dont dissapoint me spartan ! :)

~Spartan Spes 256 out.

No worries mate, you didnt do anything wrong :)

*salutes* ill try not to dissapoint sir!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, so go figure that i want to work on armor after work and i cant. Mother nature had plans of her own..... It has been raining alllllllllll day and its been to cold to harden anything :-(
oh well i hope this weekend its bright and sunny. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back