Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta play through the pain! Now get back to work! :)

Redshirt

Well fine then :p i did so ha! lol

ok so its not a big update, but i finished one of my handplates, ill work on the other one tonight at work if i get a chance.

Here it is :)

Without glove
2012-07-13230801.jpg

With glove
2012-07-13230444.jpg

Like i said, ill be working on the other one tonight if its not super busy.
Then on to the thighs
Enjoy!

First off. . . Sorry to hear about the whole hangnail incident. Those suck!!!!!!
That being said. . . Way to "tuff" it out and keep building. . . . LOL! Hand plate looks great. Keep it up.

Looks good so far, hope the armor comes out as good as the helmet. How will you be attaching the shoulders to their respective biceps?

First off. . . Sorry to hear about the whole hangnail incident. Those suck!!!!!!
That being said. . . Way to "tuff" it out and keep building. . . . LOL! Hand plate looks great. Keep it up.

Lol thanks! I have both done lol

it is alive man it's ****ing alive.

Yay! Welcome back lol

Looks good so far, hope the armor comes out as good as the helmet. How will you be attaching the shoulders to their respective biceps?

Thanks, I hope so too lol. Well I was thinking about just strapping them together, but I might just end up permantly attaching them. Ill think more about it after I resin the biceps and stuff. :) which will be soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so I have just finished building both my thighs this morning (sorry no pics), so only things I have left to make are the cod piece and the boots. When I finish those I will be hardening everything. I am going to try and push myself to finish building them by next week if I can. :) thanks for taggin along. Take care everyone.

well at least they'll fit you this time.

Yeah, still have to modify them for my big legs though lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok everyone, Small update. so far i only have one more boot to finish up then on to the hardening :)

Here is a few pics of the cod piece
2012-08-04125558.jpg

2012-08-04125621.jpg

2012-08-04125639.jpg

2012-08-04125747.jpg

and the left boot on my boot lol

2012-08-04125437.jpg

2012-08-04125422.jpg

2012-08-04125456.jpg

2012-08-04125513.jpg

Like i said, this was a small update. :) I was going to be working on my other boot tonight at work but my printer ran out of ink so in the morning after work ill be going to buy that.
Untill next time everyone, happy building!

Hey mate . i rly love your build and since rogue is the most beatiful helmet u have some + points ;)

Not bad but i got a question bout your visor . what did u do to fix it ?

And bout the rondo stuff.. i still have no clue if i should combine rondo with fieberglass to make it taffer . some ppl told me its kinda fragile with only rondo ... :O

greets

Hey mate . i rly love your build and since rogue is the most beatiful helmet u have some + points ;)

Not bad but i got a question bout your visor . what did u do to fix it ?

And bout the rondo stuff.. i still have no clue if i should combine rondo with fieberglass to make it taffer . some ppl told me its kinda fragile with only rondo ... :O

greets

Heck yeah it is! I love the helm lol.
As far as the visor goes, all i did was outline the visor opening in the helmet then cut the visor :)
I did not do a layer of fiberglass after i did the rondo layer. I have only done the rondo. I am sure that if i dropped my helmet from a good distance that it would probably crack, but right now i am not to worried about the rondo being to fragile. I can knock on it pretty hard with my fist and its fine. :)

whys is the crouch plate off center?

Because i was holding it crooked, my arms are not long enough to take the picture at the right angle lol

Everything looks preeeetty good :) Now comes the worst part, hardening the pieces and sanding (At least it is MY worst part) :p All the pep work looks nice and clean, I can't complain about anything :)

Looking great! All the pep work you've done looks very good. It's exciting to see another Mk VI coming into the light! Keep it up!

Everything looks preeeetty good :) Now comes the worst part, hardening the pieces and sanding (At least it is MY worst part) :p All the pep work looks nice and clean, I can't complain about anything :)

Actually i have one more thing to do, fix my thighs. and since i just finished my duct tape dummy (pics in this post lol) i can try and mod them to fit my fat legs lol... theeeen comes the hardening and sanding and whatnot lol. Thanks for the compliment, im trying to make it pretty lol

Looking great! All the pep work you've done looks very good. It's exciting to see another Mk VI coming into the light! Keep it up!

Thanks very much, means a lot :) I am sooooo close i can feel it lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Ok as mentioned above, here are pics of my duct tape dummy.
Now its not the greatest, but it will serve its purpose. :)

Here it is all built up and stuffed
2012-08-10131730.jpg

I put a head on him
2012-08-10135846.jpg

Here is what he is stuffed with... Next time i might use something else though, it was hard to stuff him cause the stuffing didn't really smush together really well
2012-08-10135911.jpg

I bought two bags thinking i might need them but only used one. here is just a size compare of the bag to the dummy. this bag is full.
2012-08-10135956.jpg

Well thats all for now, bed time :)

Heck yeah it is! I love the helm lol.
As far as the visor goes, all i did was outline the visor opening in the helmet then cut the visor :)
I did not do a layer of fiberglass after i did the rondo layer. I have only done the rondo. I am sure that if i dropped my helmet from a good distance that it would probably crack, but right now i am not to worried about the rondo being to fragile. I can knock on it pretty hard with my fist and its fine. :)
l

In the end i decided for fibreglas anyways .... for the weak parts . i rondoed the front point over the visor for some extra weight damn i love it so far ! :D
Can you make a pic of your visor? from the inside ... would help me alot!

And wtf ? those guns on the wall ? selfmade? O:

That is brilliant to use Bean Bag pellets to fill the duct tape dummy. When I made one of those before I got a mannequin, I used paper towels like a moron. SO MANY ROLLS and it ended up being pricy!

Also be careful with time allotment and how you hang it. You probably know all this but I try to warn everyone I see using such mannequins just in case so they don't mess theirs up like I did mine :(

My dummy started to warp and the tape would slowly sag and deform under its own weight over time, so laying it down when you are done for the day may be beneficial to preserving it longer. It was mostly around the abdomen and shoulders the tape would slide apart, leaving residues of stickiness and making it inaccurate.

Over time it will likely slip apart anyway, ((Mine at the end of its sad life was a flattened blobby thing even though I stuffed it firmly and used oodles of tape)) but if you are careful it should last you plenty :3

In the end i decided for fibreglas anyways .... for the weak parts . i rondoed the front point over the visor for some extra weight damn i love it so far ! :D
Can you make a pic of your visor? from the inside ... would help me alot!

And wtf ? those guns on the wall ? selfmade? O:

Well good im glad you like your own work lol. Thats the important thing :)
yeah sure i will take a pic of the inside of my visor when i get a chance after work.
The DMR was made by Kwameninja here on the 405th, and the pistol was made by me :)

That is brilliant to use Bean Bag pellets to fill the duct tape dummy. When I made one of those before I got a mannequin, I used paper towels like a moron. SO MANY ROLLS and it ended up being pricy!

Also be careful with time allotment and how you hang it. You probably know all this but I try to warn everyone I see using such mannequins just in case so they don't mess theirs up like I did mine :(

My dummy started to warp and the tape would slowly sag and deform under its own weight over time, so laying it down when you are done for the day may be beneficial to preserving it longer. It was mostly around the abdomen and shoulders the tape would slide apart, leaving residues of stickiness and making it inaccurate.

Over time it will likely slip apart anyway, ((Mine at the end of its sad life was a flattened blobby thing even though I stuffed it firmly and used oodles of tape)) but if you are careful it should last you plenty :3

Thanks lol. It was a pain in some areas because then the pelets would fall out when i pushed others down lol. and now i have a whole other bag, oh well, maybe i will stuff something else with it lol. :)
Thanks for the advice with the dummy, i will probably start laying it down once i get more room too lol. :)

great job on the last parts, only now comes the hard part, where to put it when your not using it. this stuff takes up a lot of room.

great job on the last parts, only now comes the hard part, where to put it when your not using it. this stuff takes up a lot of room.

lol yeah i know right. Thanks too :)

Me want some piiiiiceeeehs :D if possible i need them asap sorry for stressing ^^

No worries, sorry it has taken so long. this is the best shot i could get.
2012-08-16105955.jpg

I am not sure what you are lookin for exactly. But the way i installed the visor is with a lot of hot glue lol. Next time i do a helmet (i might even redo this one) i think i will be using screws and what not to take it off. Hope this helps :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NON- PHOTO update,
Ok so i am currently modifying the thighs on my duct tape dummy so that they will fit my thick legs. As soon as i finish i will take pics of them for you all. And after i am done with the thighs i can start the hardening process. Sorry it has taken me so long to get everything done. Life happens lol

Untill then, take care everyone :)

well theirs one way that i've seen in game with the pilots helmets they open up the visor slides up and the lower jaw pulls back. just an idea i seen, haven't tried it yet, i'll see what it might take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back