Rogue Helmet (H3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinMcCaf

Wanna see more? Be sure to check out CollinMcCaf's Model Repository!

This model is available for download through the link above!

Winning out in a recent poll, by a small margin against Andy the Bomb.... Here we have the beginnings of the Rogue helmet as depicted in Halo 3. Several hours have gone into just trying to make all the geometry work. This model in particular is one of the lowest poly I've seen in H3 and as such, I'm taking my sweet time ensuring everything is as accurate as possible.

There is still some tweaking to do on the thicknesses but the curvature is matching pretty well to the in game pictures

Last edited:
It's been some time since the last update, finally got the chance to do some new renders.
The model is still nowhere near complete but the general shape is nearly done.

There is still a bit of work to be done moving things around but after that, details will start to go on

FrontC.PNG
PerspectiveC.PNG
SideC.PNG

Last edited:
I absolutely love how, from the frontal view, the detail lines on the top of the helmet carry through to the top of the visor. That was the first thing my eye was drawn to. Absolutely amazing work!!

-Matt

Please ignore my layer lines, i'm smoothing them out. this helmet is beautiful.
One thing i learned after printing, i made the opening large enough to fit my head in the x direction, but didnt check the y direction. Keep an eye on both, or, like me, cut out the lower rear and re-attach (probably with magnets), it was either that or remove my ears :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_072227.jpg
    IMG_20190823_072227.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 588
One thing i learned after printing, i made the opening large enough to fit my head in the x direction, but didnt check the y direction. Keep an eye on both, or, like me, cut out the lower rear and re-attach (probably with magnets), it was either that or remove my ears :)
That is a beautiful helmet, great work! Looking forward to seeing it smoothed and painted :D

Haha, congratulations on trending on reddit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back