RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Roxy, I have been following this build from the beginning and I must say that your skills are trully legendary. I hope one day what my skills will be as good as yours. I really cannot wait to see this build completed because most likely when your armor is done it will be moved to the elite forums. I wish you the best of luck and keep up the amazing work.

Andrew:

tumblr_lmv2e0V1l81qe4jdy.jpg

^^^MFW^^^
This whole thread! Excellent work Roxy!

Love it! Videos are super awesome :)

Also, are you doing something extra to round out the edges on the grey part of the thigh pieces?

^^
^^ In this photo it looks like there is a bit of a radius happening on the edges.

@Sai-257:
HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! What a face!

@LilTyrant:
Whoops. Yeah, actually I do! The roundness there I get from sanding it with a type of round table sander my dad has in the garage. I don't remember the exact name of the tool, but we inherited it from my grandpa who used it for woodworking. It works great on foam! I use it also to smooth the edges after cutting the foam with my scissors. :) I sand the edges before I glue the pieces together. Just use sure-handed swiping motions. I didn't film that part though because I didn't want to risk damaging my computer (which I used to record everything).

Don't worry, everyone. I do wear safety gear when working with the big tools. <3

I haven't gotten around to finishing the thighs. I blame Assassin's Creed and family get-togethers. ^_^;; Speaking of which, are there peps for the various thigh attachments? Having one would be great to hold all my shtuff.

Thanks for the tutorial! It is very informative since you dont see many start-> finish vids where people don't edit out certain steps :) Also the thighs look great, its a bummer that you said they were too tight, but with foam can you just cut,add, and reglue?

Also as far as peps for thigh attachments go, I know halogoddess modeled Kat's tactical thigh case which I'm sure you could easily build and attach to your thigh (although I am not too sure where the file for that is. I would suggest looking through her kat thread or threads she's started.)

good luck!

i found this rather large composition of reach files, largest i have seen anyway and it has 2 thigh attachments plus everything else you could imaginehttp://www.4shared.com/dir/iLZI7Rb-/halo_reach_files.html#dir=67919927, Its Kats hard case as well as one other that i saw, among other files im sure you could find useful

The one that Halogoddess made is already a template for foam can be found herehttp://www.4shared.com/file/UoEDxfkn/KatTacticalCaseFoamTemplate_Mo.html and looks better to me too

i found this rather large composition of reach files, largest i have seen anyway and it has 2 thigh attachments plus everything else you could imaginehttp://www.4shared.com/dir/iLZI7Rb-/halo_reach_files.html#dir=67919927, Its Kats hard case as well as one other that i saw, among other files im sure you could find useful
Ah, the Reach Pepakura Database! Lots of good things on there...
The UA/NxRA attachment can also be found there (pep file / foam template)
UA/CHOBAM could easily be scratch build with 2 layers of foam.

and I can't believe I didn't put HG's version of that file up...

CJ

@LilTyrant:
Whoops. Yeah, actually I do! The roundness there I get from sanding it with a type of round table sander my dad has in the garage.

Cool, thanks! I'll have to check and see if some dremmel bits can achieve a similar effect. :)

The one that Halogoddess made is already a template for foam can be found herehttp://www.4shared.com/file/UoEDxfkn/KatTacticalCaseFoamTemplate_Mo.html and looks better to me too

^^
^^ That template looks pretty neat!

Can't wait for mooooooooooooore! :D

Hey Roxy, I just wanted to say that I used your tutorial vid to make my own spine as a part of Halogoddess's kat suit (that I recieved today, or errr yesterday since it is past midnight :)

Of course it didnt turn out nearly as good as yours, but I just wanted to say thanks for making the vid! It really helped :D

Thanks guys for the links! I'll be sure to look those up.

Onward to my usual Middle-of-the-night Updates. XDD I finally finished the thighs. Finished, at least, as in 90%. They were too tight before, so I had to widen them. I still need straps to hold them up and that last rectangular detail on the outside. I want to put magnets in it so I can "holster" a pistol there. >.> My left thigh will have that leg purse thingy.

Picture time! I'll be sewing my under suit shorts soon. >.> I need to make a pattern.

Front:
Photoon2012-03-29at22474.jpg

Side:
Photoon2012-03-29at22475.jpg

Back:
Photoon2012-03-29at22476.jpg

Captain Morgan: (lol)
Photoon2012-03-29at2248.jpg

As for why i was absent lately... I blame things like job, My first steam punk costume, art commissions, and video games. >.> I finished Assassin's Creed I. I LOVED IT!! Now I'm on to FFXIII. It's like watching a movie.. >.> Wierd.

Looking really nice roxy. Weird you just finish AC I just started it today :). I did start FFXIII but was preowned and glitches on me :(. Are you going to post a thread of the steam punk outfit by any chance?

Drack, how on earth did you reply so fast? XDD Btw, your icon is epic win. You will LOVE AC. I sure did. I can't wait to play the next one! I just have to find it. o.o

I was thinking about posting a separate costumes and props thread for everything else I work on besides my Spartan. >.> You think I should? I just don't want to clutter this one with non-related material. =/

Sorry yeah I meant a separate thread. I did start to post my weapon build on my MK VI thread but realised it would get cluttered and made a separate one. As for my fast response I am subscribed to your thread and get instant emails telling me of posts on it.

I want to put magnets in it so I can "holster" a pistol there.

Captain Morgan: (lol)
Photoon2012-03-29at2248.jpg

I had the same idea with the magnets. this way its game accurate that it just sits on the armor. I cant wait to see how yours turns out :D

Thats cheating, your using a chair :p lol

But everything is looking great roxy. Keep up the fabulous work.

Roxy, your work with foam is so outstanding that it is standing outside!!!
Everything is starting to come together very nicely, love the captain, btw! He and I have been around!
Cant wait to see more!
And yes, AC is great!
Cheers,
Cereal.

This is not only turning out to be one of the best foam builds I've seen, but one of the best spartan builds period! Great job on the thighs, and that Ab/cod piece is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do for the undersuit shorts area.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back