Sabre ODST W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre

Jr Member
Hi All,

Been a while since I posted and sadly I have not been able to move a quickly as I would have liked (work is not cooperating). Below is a pic of what I have done so far. The shoulder on the bottom left is resin'd and glassed, the one on the right, only has 1 coat of resin on the outside as of now. The helmet was a tester using Kirrou's file, it turned out to large for my head. I am going to finish it, but my son wants it for a room decoration. The pile of paper on the right (about in the middle) is the stack of Kirrou's HD helmet. The pile of paper on the left (with the small piece on top) is the stack for Hugh's chest core. Needless to say I have a ton of work. Just thought I would post an update.

001-1.jpg

Very nice man, I agree you should keep that helmet as a decoration.

Heh, yeah I know what that stack of paper looks like...

I decided not to cast my original chest armor and instead pep and finish a new one.

I just re-pepped the chest core setup over the weekend using mkshane81's unfold, it went a lot faster the 2nd time around o_O

I'm not sure if I suggested this to you or not, but looks like you already have the right idea and skipped over the neck guard (first 2 pages). I decided to just use foam for the neck, pepping that part is just too tedious.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks guys!

Hugh - yes you were kind enough to suggest skipping the first two pages. Please let me know what your thinking for the neck, when my core is finished I was going to see if I could sew something up that might work for the neck, will keep you posted. I think I have the unfold file that you used but I am not sure. Will see if I can figure out which I have.

It's looking great so far. I would totally want one for decoration. Unfortunately I will probobly never get to work on this pep as I will probobly sculpt it. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be watching.

Thanks!

Lead - Your profile says your in Denver. I am in Longmont - we might have the start of a Division

I plan to resin and rondo (mix of bondo and resin) the helmet when I get to that point. On the other pieces I resin the outside then fiberglass the inside (advice from Rhinoc and Hugh). If there is anything I need to smooth, clean up or add (detail wise) I would definitely do that via bondo.

Hey awesome! find me on my facebook and add me. Please tell me where I know you from though. The link should be on my profile. We are gonna have some armor parties soon. We are gonna make a Noble team.

can't wait to see how this goes :) i'm half way through building my armor (Also ODST of course :) ) and tbh i'm having trouble figuring out how i'm going to attach it all together...
and wonder if that helmet would fit better. i used another one (sry can't recall the maker atm..) and it turned out to be almost in game size.. I.E. tight on the face, but fits so snug padding would be impossible. :p
do tell if ya have any other tricks that prob haven't appeared yet, i'm taking many many notes here, and ODST stuff is rare!

I plan to resin and rondo (mix of bondo and resin) the helmet when I get to that point. On the other pieces I resin the outside then fiberglass the inside (advice from Rhinoc and Hugh). If there is anything I need to smooth, clean up or add (detail wise) I would definitely do that via bondo.

Would you Pepakura those armor pieces too?

So another update. I know I am moving super slow, but hey...at least I am moving :) After 3 attempts I finally made a helmet that actually fits me. Below are pics right after pep was finished with the first layer of resin (seams only) on it. I expect to put another coat of resin on the outside and once that is dry glass the inside tomorrow. Then after another layer of glass and about 4 more layers of resin on the outside I think I should be ready for the sand, bondo, detail and clean phase on monday. I know the pep file below is the low res version (Thank you Kirrou for the pep file) but I wanted to try my hand at detailing by hand via the bondo and a lot of sanding and cutting. Ok..here are the pics.

003.jpg

004.jpg

And last but definitely not least, here is my addition to the pint sized warrior brigade (wearing her own helm).

002.jpg

Looks really good and you know what they say, "3rd time is a charm!". Glad you finally made a helmet that fits!

I like the pint sized helm too haha.

dumb question, but why does that one look like the chin area is flattened.. maybe its just me, i could've sworn that whole area stuck out further..

anywho, can't wait to see where this goes.. gotta rivet some strapping to my gear tmrw..

Carlino - you are 100%n correct...the saying seems to definitely apply here. Got it to fit...now have a ton more work :)

Grim - Part of what you are seeing is the angle at which the photos are taken, the other is you are right, the chin area collapsed a bit during the fiberglass and rondo parts. I have to fix in bondo now, not super easy for me as I am not a bondo expert by any means.....but I am learning.

More photos tomorrow - part bondo done and visor cut out.

I think I may be the slowest Pep builder around...but finally got another piece ready for resin. Here is my ODST Chest Core, modeled and designed by Hugh. If weather holds, should be able to get a few coats of resin and maybe glass on it this week. Front is all glued together, back is being held together by a ton of binder clips but will be finished completely tomorrow.

016.jpg

bloody hell! thats the chest piece i've been looking for!
all the rest seem so.. wrong...
is that one avail for dload? *goes on a frantic search*
FYI nah, i'm prob slower, tbh i've been plugin away for a couple of years, but ODST stuff is so.. rare.. well besides the (IMO) terrible looking WETA stuff. (WETA's designs looked good on screen IMO, but when i look at it closely it just burns...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back