San Diego HALO Fan Film !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well due to copyright laws i dont think i can sell it so more than likely it will be completely free and distributed on the net. But we will show it in theaters locally, and if it blows up we will take it to conventions and game shows. Thats probably the extent something like this will get though.

Do you guys have a set designer who will be transforming the halls and rooms and such? Or is that the person you are looking for to do the painting and things for the background?

Well we have designs and prep for the set building. There isnt one person on the set sets but we all have the same vision about it. Our reference pictures / drawings are pretty good.

We do not have an artist yet for our green screening, we are looking locally as to have some real close guidance on the vision we have.

We actually are negotiating with the colleges set building class to do all the construction. My big convincing factor is to tell them Ill pay for it. Its hard for some reason to get them in on this, especially when they need something to do.

Anyways, there you go.

okay nice, I have a freind who really likes halo, I'll see If I can bring him and If there's and more uncasted parts, we can see If we can put him in

Alrighty Ladies and Gentlemen, please post your favorite pics of interiors and exteriors of ships, for example the covenant vessels or the pillar of autumn.

We have most of what we want to do, but this is a fan film so you all are apart of it. Thanks please post alot for us. The more the merrier.

Also we have alot of great easter eggs in it already but if there is something you really want let me know. PM me or post doesnt matter i guess. Thanks alot.

pillar_of_autumn.jpg

POA-Full-Int-Ext.jpg

POA-Full-Int-Ext-pers2.jpg

POA-Full-Int-Ext-pers1.jpg

POA-Full-Int-Ext-pers3.jpg

POA-BridgeScale.jpg

and now im looking for cov ships

Amazing. I have to suggest that in your trailer, please don't have to text fly ar us-its a visually displeasing thing. Anyways, I really think you should have a film, indie or not!

Chewdog316 said:
Well we have designs and prep for the set building. There isnt one person on the set sets but we all have the same vision about it. Our reference pictures / drawings are pretty good.

We do not have an artist yet for our green screening, we are looking locally as to have some real close guidance on the vision we have.

We actually are negotiating with the colleges set building class to do all the construction. My big convincing factor is to tell them Ill pay for it. Its hard for some reason to get them in on this, especially when they need something to do.

Anyways, there you go.

I would really like to see those drawings/ concepts art. I learning to be a designer so maybe i could help....

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the interest ill post the floor plans when i can.

as far as the trailer goes its just a teaser, like the spiderman teasers. i know it pisses people off i expected especially with the music it always gets people going. dont fret though the suit is in the mail and should be put together in about a weeks time. after that we are going to the desert to shoot an actual trailer.

i agree 110 percent with film however you gotta understnad budgeting and it cost 175 dollars an hour to telecine film with a minimum of 1hour of work involved.

it takes about 1000feet of film with little color corection to do the transfer per hour. when you go scene by scene color correction instead of just one correction at the beginning of the filmstrip it can take even longer.

this film will require about 6000 ft of film costing around 450 dollars is bad, but the telecine will cost about 1050 if it is about 6 hours of work. granted this is estimated but im telling you my estimates are cheap. this would cost more.

now that is only for the film. sets, props, costumes, and planning is costing about 3000 alone.

That is why we are shooting HD. Its easier to shoot and looks great. And if we got enough attention we will do a film transfer so then it will have the film look we all so very much want.

Its an expensive business and we are well on our way to making this happen. Planning is looking great props and costuems are looking great. We got approval to use are school studio and equipment not to mention school ground as a storage facility for our sets. Its looing really great right now.

In two weeks i have a meeting with the set design classes to talk about the building of our sets.

So I hope that answeres some questions and brings up some new ones.

Peace for now.

hey chewdog great to hear everything is coming together so well :mrgreen:

but one word PICTURES!!!! plzzzzzzzzzzz :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man are there going to b any close combat battles? if so you totaly have to do a scene shot like the first fight in 300, when they are getting the side shot and it is fading between slow , regular a fast motion to emphasize the ffluid grace of the movements. It was freaking awesome. i have sen it twice and want to go see it on IMAX before it is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back