Scaling Guide(Simplest Way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
23Magnum said:
Converting inches to cm isn't really that hard. You just have to remember 2.54cm or 25.4mm = 1in.

It would be simpler to measure with a tape that has cm/mm on it though so you didn't have to do the conversions.

This method is more straight forward than doing all the other calculations. No it's not full proof, but no method really is yet.

Actually, the tutorial I just relieced only takes 3 simple calculations. And once you have your "Scaling Number", You only have to multiply that by one other number, and thats your scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm...ever look at whos files they are pointed towards,thats jedifrazes file technique and also thats maths,mine is all around and doesnt use any moths

Actually, my tutorial goes all around. You can use it for every type of armour, by anybody. And thats the majour flaw with yours. Yours doesn't use any math. Thats the whols problem. No claculations, no accuracy.

Also, You should work on making things more clear. And you should also know that scaling the chest piece for a Master Chief costume by height is a bad idea. Always scale the chest piece for any spartan armour (Not ODST or Marine) using width.

umm... mine does use maths (ever heard of measuring,its maths) and judging by our ages we all must know how to measure,alot of peope know 1 inch = 2cm =20mm and thats the only maths your gonna use ,coversion,maths is mainly what makes noobs flood the noob forum with scaling questions,...

also xtreme tactics 101 u have seriously got to stop advertising your threads around ,if you want it to be shown go build up a post on it ,advertising is a pretty good way of getting warned

Umm, 1 inch=2.54cm...

Also, its not called advertising, its called healthy compatition. And I have "built up a post on it", its called "How To Scale Your Armour-Tutorial".

This is how I've been scaling my ODST and it works, if nothing else it'll get you close enough to hit "scale up 10%" and have it fit.

mjolnir follower,

This might be a dumb question to ask but I'll ask anyways. When measuring for helmet size, Do I measure to the bottom of my chin?

even tho there were several spam posts asking for this to be stickied, and it got a little heated for a sec, this is still a good thread.

we have used the same basic method for scaling all of our ODST pieces including WETA and game models. all it takes is a little extra time of staring at different reference pics and actually figuring out where the piece starts and stops. you can do whichever measurement is easiest to see and figure out. sometimes its height, sometimes its width. i guarantee there is a good reference shot of whatever piece youre trying to make. i can personally guarantee it for the ODST.

if youre still confused...example: Height-wise the ODST shoulder piece starts a little above the elbow and ends a little above the shoulder. grab a ruler and measure your arm from that starting point to that ending point. if you can get someone else to do it then i would definitely suggest it. trying to get a nice perspective on yourself and an accurate measurement is harder than you would think. now that you have your measurement in inches, convert it to millimeters. not good at math and conversion? dont have to be. if youre reading this then you can find a free conversion engine online. search "online length conversion" and it should be one of the first few links that show up. now take your converted number and plug it in to the height box in the scaling options. the other two values should change automatically.

problem solved. and if not its just like someone mentioned earlier. just take that same size piece and use the "scale by 10%" option. up or down will be an opinion based thing based on what you come out with.

yea it dd get heated for a while,but the only reasoni want this to be stickied in the noob forum is because thats where all of our new members go first and is they read this hell wont break loose on the forums

i like this.. basically says to measur ur damn self, lol

which is duhhh but still

math and formula are way way way too complicate

hey once i found a scale for one piece of armor, do i apply that scale to the rest of the pieces that had the same original scale as the piece i edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back