Scaling is off!!! Have read all stickies no help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xx Longsword xx

I am new here i have read all the stickies and still no help.
the problem is i have scaled countless times and have gone through alot of cardstock. i am use several different files i am 72" tall here is the list of the files:

flying squirels hd helmet
flying squirels hd chest
nuggets hd foerarms
robogenisis hd shoulders
crackhead09s codpeice
crackhead09s thighs
nicktendos ultra hd shins

I have read the site up and down looking to scale my self. If some one could show me i would do it myself willing to learn.

The scaling is going to be off with those files because they are all made by someone different. Each model was made using a different scale.

What you need to do, if figure out the height that the armor part needs to be. Lets say for example, a bicep piece. Measure your arm(bicep) and plug that number in for the build height of the bicep piece in pepakura. Adjust from there. It will give you a much better fitting if you do it that way. You can add an inch or so to what you measure on yourself depending on what piece it is.

Read this on how to "scale" your paper creation to fit you:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

Then download and use "MrOreo123's Armor Scaling and Measurement Tool":
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ling-And-Measurement-Tool?p=496754#post496754

But in the end, make a piece and see if it fits. If it doesn't, then estmate how much you are off and change the measurements (up or down) in pepakura by that amount and try again.

Scaling is as much an art as it is a skill.

Yes, I wouldn't use the "Scale" number in Pepakura, especially if using files by different people. Like Macattack64 said, it's best to simply measure your body parts and plug in the measurement into the corresponding dimension in Pepakura. Just be sure to plug in the number into the correct dimension or the size will be all sorts of wrong!

Also, be sure to record the numbers you use! (For duplicating when making the other side pieces, and also if something bad happens and you have to remake a piece)

when you say plug in the number where should this be done

I thought you said you read the stickies....;)

If you're using Pepakura Designer 3, go to Menu "2D Menu" --> "Change Scale" --> "Scale Factor".

After clicking that, a box should appear with spaces to change the Height, Width, and Depth.

You cna only change one at a time; the others will change accordingly if you change one. This is normal, and done to maintain the correct proportion of the piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back