Sealgair's road to Recon WIP *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. Just a little update for you guys (no pics yet): started resining the chest pieces, the ab plate, the left hand plate and the right thigh piece. Pepping started on the left thigh piece and on both of the shins at once.
Glad to see you're back to work on your preject! ;)

I found help which is provided by my GIRLFRIEND WHO IS INTO HALO and who will from now on support me in the armory :D
JACKPOT!!! you're one lucky guy! don't ever let her go! :D

JACKPOT!!! you're one lucky guy! don't ever let her go! :D

Nah man i won't, this is waaaay to good to be real :D she actually came up with that herself. I told her one day i was building the armor when we were talking about Halo and she was all fired up and went:"Do you need help on this or that? Maybe i could cut out the pieces and start glueing them together or sth?"

----i almost cried big tears of joy and happiness guys----

Well after an eternity...i'm back, still alive and kicking, with some of my slo-mo progress. I hope you're all doing good and enjoy Halo 4 ;)

I completed the shins.
HDShins.jpg

And here a size comparison between shin and shoe. I actually completed both shoes, but had to scrap one due to paper failure, so i'm rebuilding the second one.
Shinandshoe.jpg

All that's left in the pep stage is one thigh that has not survived the house-moving process and needs to be redone. After that i'll get to the resining/glassing stage which i'm really looking forward to.

Stay tuned.

Glad you're still alive. Was getting worried. Pep work looks great as always. Great looking job on them. Sorry to hear that one of the thighs didn't survive the move. Hopefully that won't take you too long to get rebuilt.

Glad you're still alive. Was getting worried. Pep work looks great as always. Great looking job on them. Sorry to hear that one of the thighs didn't survive the move. Hopefully that won't take you too long to get rebuilt.

Ah no need to be worried man :) i've just been VERY busy with work, which is a bit frustrating considering the original plan was having the armor finished by Halloween. So it will be Halloween '13 i guess.

What up 405th? Sealgair here still alive and kicking.

I will be back on the building track very soon. Also you will see some progress on the armor. Stay tuned!

Sealgair back reporting for duty. After some troublesome times I am setting up a new version of my workshop called "Thor's Forge". I actually have relocated to Ireland in January and I have nothing here from my stuff yet but start getting everything in bit by bit. You will be able to see progress from the end of July again :)

Great to see the old forum back up. I am very much looking forward to what's going on here.

Thanks man :) I hope all turns out well. I have yet to get the armor parts over as well as all of my tools and the material I'll buy here. So excited to get going again.

Hey Man. Was ist los?
Glad to see that you're back and reporting for duty. Can't wait to see more of your build.
Ireland is a big move. Hope things go good for you there.
Oh!!! Put up some pictures of "Thor's Forge". I've got to see this. :p

Hey Man. Was ist los?
Glad to see that you're back and reporting for duty. Can't wait to see more of your build.
Ireland is a big move. Hope things go good for you there.
Oh!!! Put up some pictures of "Thor's Forge". I've got to see this. :p

I'm very good man, can't complain. I will put up pics as soon as I have moved and I got my tools over :)

Glad to see you back and cant wait to see what pics you have to show. :)

*sits and waits patiently*

Update time :)

This is my "workshop" for this weekend. I call it "Thor's Forge light". For all of you wondering why 'Thor', my name is Thorolf. And lately everyone around me calls me by the short version ;)
Thorsforgelite_zps7ee1f5f1.jpg

I have been rondoing the helmet today as well as adding fibreglass mat to it. As it is currently 27°C (82 F) in this part of Germany it cures pretty fast :) I am on holiday at the moment and went back to the fatherland.

This is what the helmet looks like right now. I will add a second layer of rondo after it cured to further strengthen it.
helmetrondo-glassed_zpsbba034fc.jpg

And this is the rondoglassed interieur of the helmet. It is a pretty heavy thing, but I wanted it that way.
Helmetrondoglassed_zpsf95ecb07.jpg

Somebody posted a tut on how to rondo-glass or mudglass but I can't find it atm. For the Rondo: What I did was I mixed a cup of Bondo and one of resin separately (50:50 ratio), added the hardener and then mixed the two batches together. Then stirred it thoroughly to make sure no chunks occured and poured it in the helmet, then poured it into the helmet and moved it around to cover the whole interior. I then cut strips of fibreglas mat (300g/sqm) and put them in the Rondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back