Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Haha thanks, shadow. I'm giving myself anxiety attacks trying to get it done! I'm hoping to have the jet packs done in ther best day or two. Then I'm going to try my hand at a foam helmet! :eek:

Thanks, ExCeLLuR8. I think the size is too big, but right now I'm going forward with everything else, then at the end if I can redo it, I will.

Thanks! I'm trying for tier one with this baby, but we'll have to see how it goes with the rest of it.

I have the whole thing being shoe goo'd right now to make it "mob proof", though enough to be pulled at or pushed around. I hope.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!
Haha I love the term "mob proof"!! It really does make it nearly indestructible!! As far as size, hard to say without you wearing it in pics but you never know, might be perfect once undersuit stuff is on. I know some guys wear chest protectors underneath. It looks fantastic on the ground. I know world's tallest spartan halo 4 suit has a lot of room inside the torso, can't normally tell in pics but I talk to him a bunch. He has a full morph suit underneath too so he needed the room.

Here's my idea and thought process:
I build the thing with super glue, then I use hot glue to reinforce certain points I feel need a quick fill and structure. This adds strength to the area as well as filler to things don't jostle around. Then I go in and hit it with the shoe goo to give the whole place a layer of objective rubber coating. Hopefully I don't have any tear with the wear of the suit.
20190420_084313.jpg

20190420_084326.jpg

It doesn't LOOK pretty, but no one will see it, so I'm ok with that.

Does anyone out there have any advice for the helmet? I'm worried about that part. Never done one from foam before...

Here's my idea and thought process:
I build the thing with super glue, then I use hot glue to reinforce certain points I feel need a quick fill and structure. This adds strength to the area as well as filler to things don't jostle around. Then I go in and hit it with the shoe goo to give the whole place a layer of objective rubber coating. Hopefully I don't have any tear with the wear of the suit.
View attachment 268942

View attachment 268943

It doesn't LOOK pretty, but no one will see it, so I'm ok with that.

Does anyone out there have any advice for the helmet? I'm worried about that part. Never done one from foam before...
My only comment on the hot glue, is the shoe goo bonds stronger to the foam than hot glue, I would just be careful that shoe goo over hot glue doesnt peel the hot glue off over time. The shoe goo will go where ever you want it with gravity and letting the piece sit. For example my helmet bill, the whole inside of the visor bill is filled with shoe goo. I let it sit for days on its face while the shoe goo works down into every inside crevasse of the inside of the bill to make it super strong. I use this technique all over my suit. It takes forever but totally worth it. Plus gravity can also make the shoe goo "pretty". Coating and letting it sit, the goo will smooth out as it cures really clean. The inside of all my pieces look like smooth Shiney plastic.

Hmm didn't think about that. The shoe goo is spread over ther hot glue but in one sheet from foam to foam, so either side of the hot glue is still covered with goo
Yeah I think you are perfectly fine for sure, you got it! Here's the inside of my back piece for reference of how coating the entire inside looks like, it will get sprayed with leak seal to use to pretty it up a bit more and make it black.

20190420_113637.jpg

Nice! I like how smooth it is.

My shoe goo isn't spreading out as much as yours, I've found it takes some persuading to get it where it needs to go.
Yup massage it in, spread it out, then leave it alone and let gravity do the rest of the the work. Takes weeks to shoe goo one piece sometimes but it's totally worth it. I do small sections at a time so it settles to the lowest point nice and smooth. Once cure, rotate the piece to the next lowest section and coat again. I use old bath towels to hold the piece how i want it so the goo settles where i want it. Something else super cool with shoe goo I've also learned, it can be heat formed after cured in case you need to "tweak" the shape of anew armor piece, you can heat up the inside and shoe goo and heat form the piece and as soon as it cools it holds that shape. I just recently completely reworked my helmet a little. it looks super crazy good now, it required this heat forming process to get game accurate.

Pieces check! This post is to show off what I've got so far, and act as reference for what I need to do still.

20190422_094732.jpg

I have the kneepads as well.

Left to do:
*construct thighs
*construct helmet
*construct undersuit details including codpiece
*construct undersuit
*construct boots
*construct butt- plate
*construct gloves
*battle damage
*stress test to prevent tears
*seal with leak seal
*paint

Holy smokes, that's a lot to do still!

Looking good. Still a lot to do but you’ve gotten a lot done as well!!

Yeah, I'm going there an end to it! I'm excited to get this done.

Dude this thing is looking absolutely legit! Well on its way to tier 1 no doubt at all. Keep grinding!!

Thanks, ExCeLLuR8! I'm going for your level quality. Not making it, but I'm trying!

No wonder you haven't been as active in FToR........busy w/ your build........Amazeballs!!!!! Great work man!! Lets see a fitting of what you got.

Yeah, it's quite frustrating, actually. But I'm super dedicated to making this suit look good.

I'm gonna need your advice with the helmet, actually. I'm starting that right after the thighs, and want to make sure I have enough room for fans and also my head. It's looking like scaling down 10% would work, what do you think?

You're asking ME for help on your helmet..........you must not have read my Centurion build thread all the way through......just looked at the pictures right? Joking aside, what advise do you need aside from making sure you don't give yourself a haircut from the fan in your helmet......that would mean it's too small......just saying.

Lol gotcha.

I feel kinda silly because in my head it makes sense and I can scale everything and offer advice, but now it's come down to it again I'm afraid to actually do it, Haha. Gotta put my money where my mouth is, huh?
Angelegend also has full halo 4 helmet build tuts on youtube also. Might be a major help for you. Just instead of the hot glue backing can use shoe goo like you've been if you want.

The shoe goo has been really good to me so far. There are a few places I've gone a little overboard rto help ensure "mob-proof" resistance, (shoulder to bicep attachment), but it seems to be holding up really well. In some places I have used hot glue to fill holes, and others hot glue AND shoe goo. My hope is that this will save some goo and add structural support, since the hot glue doesn't flex as much as the shoe goo.

Definitely messy to work with, so wear gloves along with regular PPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back