Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have to say the build looks GREAT!!!!! As far as the medal goes for James........I think you'll have to make him one.......and if you want me to stop bickering.....fine.........be that way.........no more fun from the Dirtguy in your threads.......business only........
View attachment 270855
I am the best bickerer, it can't be helped, but Dirtguy can't helped it due to the aged intellect

It's not necessarily "standard", but it's a good idea.

I'll post pictures when I'm home, but I have two fans that circulate air around my head.
I... borrowed... a small case fan from work. Was gonna see if I can fit it in the helm, though I probably can't.

What are the tubes on your stomach then? I have used fans in my sons ODST helmet, and I use a blower from one of those inflatable T-Rex costumes in my MKVI that blows into my helmet.

So there have been various thoughts going into the cooling system. The fans I have are big enough in the opening for two tubes to feed out, and in the length of those tubes small holes can be drilled that allow air to pass through, so long as the end of the tube is capped off, which allows for greater pressure. Where the tube disappears under my chest piece is where I would have drilled these holes. Time constriction prevented my adapting this right now, but I fully intend to implement it in future.

For the helmet I have two fans installed in the brim. I also have a piece of padding in the center of the helmet from the visor to half way back, which allows for the air to circulate around my head.

Just so you know, after a rough day of somewhat intense physical activity, chocolate milk is AMAZING! It's so good I had to stop typing and tell the internet. It's a homemade recipe, and it's delicious.

Anyway, I would run one fan at a time for best circulation and battery life, but running both fans together was hard to beat.

This also prevented any visor fog or condensation. When the batteries died, it took about 5 minutes for the visor to be drenched with the condensation, so definitely a must.

I am also interested in experimenting with cooling the air going into the fans by using those medical freeze pouch things, but that is an update for another day.

I took my new suit for a walk around the block, it quickly became clear this was going to be an issue I had to resolve.

Yeah, my Reach helmet fogs up super quick. One thing that works in a pinch is to get yourself some Irish Spring body wash, the kind with NO little beads, put a drop of it on a paper towel, and rub it over the inside of the visor until it's so thin you can see through it. That will prevent fog, but not condensation.

And it will make your visor smell nice.

Yeah, my Reach helmet fogs up super quick. One thing that works in a pinch is to get yourself some Irish Spring body wash, the kind with NO little beads, put a drop of it on a paper towel, and rub it over the inside of the visor until it's so thin you can see through it. That will prevent fog, but not condensation.

Yeah, that's a scuba diving trick too. Just wipe the inside of your goggles with dish-soap water. Haven't tried it on my visor though.

Saliva does not work, fyi. Not that I tried... but just a really good guess. I didn't try.

Last edited:

Something else that works great is putting a nose guard inside your helmet that directs all your hot air down and away from the visor. My mouth and my nose are pretty much sealed off from visor when on my head. Doesn't fog up as easy and of course the fans prevent it as well. But even if your fans are off, the nose guard almost completely prevents fogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back