Section 8 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
3591454767_dea8fdcda4_b.jpg

That's pretty nifty. Kinda like a mix between a Spartan and one of the Templars from Hellgate: London. I wonder if there are pep files for it.

kasper said:
wow i cant belive someone already made this. it looks pretty cool

me too I just found out about it a week ago from adams vid post of the trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Section 8 is being made by Epic, that's all I know at this time.

But that fast? Wow. The lower portion looks like modified Mk 6 armor.

Actually it's not Vacc, its' Slush cast, with Car Metallic paint.

Still, do want!

Although, the bodysuit looks skinny as hell. Someone needs to bulk up. XD

Also, I believe the bodysuit had much more detail than just flat black, but then again, not all of us are Bluerealm, so I guess this guy couldn't do that, but ok.

WOA! If that costume was made from clay and cast, then somebody needs to get a life! LOL, Just kidding.

But hey, if that seriously is cast, then somebody has epic skills. Also, if that is Autobody paint, then I found my silver colour for my WETA Battle Rifle...

Das Brutus said:
conquest.jpg

If this is a FANMADE suit, well done!!!!

If not:
Has Rubies struck again? I believe we at the 405th are able to do better and use the pictured suit as one would use a rubies suit... though I have no idea what one would use a rubies suit for... cleaning up a plastic spill in the garage? At least they got the emblem right!

This is what I hate about armor making because of design. This one will never look right until someone is born with 5 feet wide shoulders..
Unless someone decides to make it like Titan the entertaining robot. The guy's arms actually start from the middle of the torso's side..

Saw some sort of picture of this, but I think it was of the blue armor. Saw it on the Spotlight section of my 360's dashboard last night. Tried to find what it was in all the videos, but found nothing. It's cool that someone already attempted to make this, but I'm with Brutus about them copping out on leaving out a lot of the more important details. If it wasn't for the emblem on the side and the face mask, I would have assumed it to be just generic armor someone made up.

Also, this is Section 8. It's not being made by Epic. It's being developed by TimeGate Studios. It is using the Unreal Engine 3.

secret: It's nightmare armor's suit. Honestly, they're doing great and I'm jealous as hell.

I thought E3 was still only like invitation only/industry insiders and media, i.e. fans can not get in? As such, this wouldn't be a simple fan made suit, rather it's more likely it's commissioned by the studio to be made and be there to be their "booth babe" at E3.

Adam said:
secret: It's nightmare armor's suit. Honestly, they're doing great and I'm jealous as hell.

I knew their style at first site. Surprising no one said anything about it.

I registered to say this: this is me. Heh... :lol:

I'm not a model; I'm VP Marketing at SouthPeak Games (Publishers of Section 8) and I commissioned Nightmare Armor to make this for us. The short story is that the model we hired to wear the armor on the show floor had a call-back for a TV show he auditioned for, so had to unexpectedly leave. There was no way that I was going to let the armor sit in a back room somewhere and since the wearer of the armor needs to be tall (it's made for someone 6'4" and up and I'm close to 6'5"), I 'took one for the team'. Sadly, I'm in terrible shape and as some of you have pointed out 'need to bulk up a bit'. The guy we hired had thighs that were like both of mine smooshed together he was also over 6'6". Heh...

You can see the 'real' guy sans helmet on the X360 dashboard right now.

Anyway - massive kudos to Sid and the guys at Nightmare; they were an absolute pleasure to work with and did an incredible job for us. The angle of this shot is not the best - you can't see the detail on the abdominal area or the back piece with the jetpack outlets and so on. They even made and applied highly detailed decals. One of my favorite pieces was on the back of the armor, up near the neck: the famous Pulp Fiction 'furious anger' quote. Very nice.

The armor has built-in lighting (that you can't really see here) as does the rifle. The rifle originally had a scope on the top too, but some bellhop at our hotel broke it off! The rifle is the original piece (ie not a lightweight version based on a mould) and weighed maybe 40 pounds or more, so it got pretty heavy after a while.

My highlight was having Rob Halford from Judas Priest come over and ask if he could have his photo taken with me.

I'm planning on having the armor at Penny Arcade Expo and a bunch of other places, so if you get chance, stop by and say hi.

Section 8 - as people have pointed out - is a first person shooter developed by TimeGate Studios, using Unreal Engine 3. It's coming for PC and X360. Hope you get to play it some time.

:cool:

ImperialDick said:
I registered to say this: this is me. Heh... :lol:

I'm not a model; I'm VP Marketing at SouthPeak Games (Publishers of Section 8) and I commissioned Nightmare Armor to make this for us. The short story is that the model we hired to wear the armor on the show floor had a call-back for a TV show he auditioned for, so had to unexpectedly leave. There was no way that I was going to let the armor sit in a back room somewhere and since the wearer of the armor needs to be tall (it's made for someone 6'4" and up and I'm close to 6'5"), I 'took one for the team'. Sadly, I'm in terrible shape and as some of you have pointed out 'need to bulk up a bit'. The guy we hired had thighs that were like both of mine smooshed together he was also over 6'6". Heh...

You can see the 'real' guy sans helmet on the X360 dashboard right now.

Anyway - massive kudos to Sid and the guys at Nightmare; they were an absolute pleasure to work with and did an incredible job for us. The angle of this shot is not the best - you can't see the detail on the abdominal area or the back piece with the jetpack outlets and so on. They even made and applied highly detailed decals. One of my favorite pieces was on the back of the armor, up near the neck: the famous Pulp Fiction 'furious anger' quote. Very nice.

The armor has built-in lighting (that you can't really see here) as does the rifle. The rifle originally had a scope on the top too, but some bellhop at our hotel broke it off! The rifle is the original piece (ie not a lightweight version based on a mould) and weighed maybe 40 pounds or more, so it got pretty heavy after a while.

My highlight was having Rob Halford from Judas Priest come over and ask if he could have his photo taken with me.

I'm planning on having the armor at Penny Arcade Expo and a bunch of other places, so if you get chance, stop by and say hi.

Section 8 - as people have pointed out - is a first person shooter developed by TimeGate Studios, using Unreal Engine 3. It's coming for PC and X360. Hope you get to play it some time.

:cool:

I know this is asking alot but could we have some turnarounds on the two main suits??? Alot of us want to make this armor aswell.

Welcome to our forums.

There are plenty of people here I'm sure will be looking forward to playing this game when it's released.

You are correct. Can't really tell a lot of the extra detail you mentioned from this shot. Thanks for filling us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back