Serious fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annanymous

hey guys! I need some serious help here.

To start off here is a photo of the Mark VI Armor chest piece (non-hd) that I've been working on (p.s. i know it is not fully completed, but I tried it on after it was mostly completed and realized how large it was):

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

Photo76.jpg

As you've probably noticed it is WAY BIG! I did all of the scaling correctly according to a scaling post (using my height: 5'8'',) and I know that scaling is not goingto be 100% accurate, however this was very off!!

*Basically, I dont want to start over with another chest piece, but I can if necessary. I was wondering if I could somehow cut and re-size the suit from what I currently have? If anyone could help me out here thatd be awesome, maybe tell me where I should cut or if I even CAN cut it. Ill most likely have to start over with a new one, and if anyone has any info on how many less mms the next one should be thatd be cool

****ALSO!! I looked at all of the other pictures of completed suits using the SAME model chest piece as the one that I used and it just...looks different?? The ones that other people complete are proportionally different, a lot shorter and the neck part goes farther down than mine, etc.?
Thanks to anyone who can help out xD

thanks guys
-Anna:D

Attachments

• Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Photo76.jpg
    Photo76.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 135
DERP! I forgot!!
I scaled this at...502 mm for the height and ___ for the width (it autoscales the width for ya in pepakaru creator thing so i didnt worry bout it)
:D

Don't feel as if you have to.....you'll need to. The MKVI torso goes from a height above your shoulder to around you Abdomen area. But its okay....we all should at least experience this once in a lifetime.....I already had my turn :L

Hey!:D That looks a bit big but i think if you measure it from shoulder to belly and put it as height in pepakura, it will work i havnt done one before but thats how i would do it, umm and if you wouldnt be able to get in it then u slice the whole thing in half thats how people do it on here.:)
I hope i gave you an idea!
Forgive me for my bad English.
Good Luck!

thankyooou for the advice Gabi (and your english is fine haha, dont be so modest)
May I just ask if I should measure a little bit above my shoulders? Since part of it goes up higher, - but im assuming that in pepakaru designer it counts height as the lowest point on the model to the highest point- so the highest point would be the very top of the model where it goes up by ur shoulders.

well, I think it also could still work. If you just trimmed some stuff off before resining it, i would be just fine. You would have to make sure you have enough room for your cod. Check out my picks if you need a visual for how much space you might need. I have 2 blogs.

thanks!
But i actually just started today making my new one,
I scaled it down from 500 mm (height) to 430! (after measuring it out a bit on myself since its kinda made for a dude and the shoulders are waaay wide)
Also this one im doing in HD so itll look a lot more detailed and stuffz. Ive cut out / glued about 1/4 of the pieces today.
But thankyou Galo for your input, i checked out your build for reference and it helped a lot in deciding the new length!
-Anna

Yea you are right about the top part is the highest point and the bottom part is the lowest part of the design. And I scaled my helmet about 10-15 mm bigger and it works perfect or me. :) Good Luck

gabi95;bt2961 said:
Yea you are right about the top part is the highest point and the bottom part is the lowest part of the design. And I scaled my helmet about 10-15 mm bigger and it works perfect or me. :) Good Luck

hey, did you want me to send you the pep file for the assault rifle?

hey, did you want me to send you the pep file for the assault rifle?

Hey that be nice:) I couldnt send you a pm of my email address. Could you give me a link of it or something? thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back