Shadowshail's MKVI and Jorge W.I.P. (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome work! keep it up :D

is rondo better than fiberglass? why did you guys do this Rondo process?i dont understand can you explain? Thanks!!
And Good Job Dude!!!

people rondo because its quicker and less messy than fiberglass.. but im sure Shadowshail can explain why he chose it :p

is rondo better than fiberglass? why did you guys do this Rondo process?i dont understand can you explain? Thanks!!

And Good Job Dude!!!

Rondo is much easier to deal with in terms of mess. It starts off like a liquid and you can adjust its thickness by how much fiberglass resin you add to the bondo. It's also not as messy and sticky as when you use fiberglass. Though i will probably add fiberglass to the chest piece as well as rondo because Fiberglassing a piece makes it harder and tougher because of the weave of fabric added to the hardening agent.

but i mostly use rondo because i don't have much time to work on the stuff outdoors so it is quicker to add and then leave it to dry. also thanks for the comments!

nice bro its looking really good. you should do jorges huge chain guy also. lol that would take forever though.

Thanks dTHxPhantom! I actually am doing his big chain gun, but i am going to wait for that last just in case i run out of time.

awesome work! keep it up :D

people rondo because its quicker and less messy than fiberglass.. but im sure Shadowshail can explain why he chose it :p

Thanks Ace! i really can't wait to get this done, the guys at gamestop are counting on me being there in armor for launch!

its not that heavy right now, but i have only begun the rondo part. It will be pretty heavy with Rondo all together cause i plan on making it with a layer of rondo then a layer of mudglassing to make sure when i go to sand it down i don't get any part too weak.

For those of you who don't know what Mudglassing is: Mudglassing is the use of Rondo with Fiberglass cloth or mat instead of Fiberglass resin.

if its heavy then itll be realistic! haha im sure jorges real suit (if he were real) would be upwards of 1500 lbs...so the more realistic the better. you should probably get started on those squats so you can carry that around. oh yeah, good job haha.

if its heavy then itll be realistic! haha im sure jorges real suit (if he were real) would be upwards of 1500 lbs...so the more realistic the better. you should probably get started on those squats so you can carry that around. oh yeah, good job haha.

Actually im already doing squats xD..... and yes Jorges real suit would probably weigh a little less than a car's weight. Though his has hydraulics built in so its easier to move! lucky them.....

Thanks for the compliments. I should have more updates out by sunday or monday of next week unless i make some serious progress in the next 2 or 3 days.

So can anyone guess what this is?

081410010043.jpg

haha Nice Cod piece you got there Shadowsnail... looks good so far. Quick Question too, When you scaled your jorge shoulder which demention did you measure? hight width or length? :D

FoolyCoolyMan, first i give you a retro cookie!

super_mario_cookie.jpg

If you are referring to the shoulder add on by Rhinoc i measured the height of where it was going to be on my arm and then transferred it into mm and entered it into Pepakura. Actually that's what im doing on all of my pieces cause for some reason all of AceHigh's files are hard to scale using Xtreme TACTICS 101's method #1, which is the one i usually use.

If you have not started on AceHigh's Cod Piece be careful with that front part, it is really hard with tons of small pieces.

The reason for AceHigh scale difficulties is because they were apparently made for, erm, larger people, but I'll still be using his, I'll just cut down a little from it, should be easy....
Nice pepping too :D

FoolyCoolyMan, first i give you a retro cookie!

If you are referring to the shoulder add on by Rhinoc i measured the height of where it was going to be on my arm and then transferred it into mm and entered it into Pepakura. Actually that's what im doing on all of my pieces cause for some reason all of AceHigh's files are hard to scale using Xtreme TACTICS 101's method #1, which is the one i usually use.

If you have not started on AceHigh's Cod Piece be careful with that front part, it is really hard with tons of small pieces.

Heu man,

I have already peped an rondoed AceHighs Cod piece lol but i do know what you mean :D
I was just curious cause im almost up to that part of jorges armour an it might go quicker if i knew which demention you scaled from. I ignore all the scaling techniques an just whip out my measuring tape an figure it all out from eye lol.... Tedious but has been effective... But thanks for lettin me know what you've done man, it shall make things easier for myself :D

Alright quick update before i head to work.

I am pepping like crazy and i should be able to get this all done in time if i continue to work on it everyday.

here's pictures!

Picture0011.jpg

Picture0012.jpg

Picture0013.jpg

Alright that was the Cod Piece by AceHigh

Next picture is the bottom half of Rhinoc's Left Shoulder Attachment. I should have the top half done by tonight.

Picture0010.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures but i only had my webcam and im running lots of things at the same time...

Ill post more when i have it!

UPDATES!!! YAY!!

Alright so it has been a little bit since i last updated this and not too much has been going on but some.

To start off with i now have more help! i have recruited 2 guys who work at Gamestop locally and they can cut out pieces really good, so now i just need to see if they can glue ok or if i have to be gluing everything by myself....

Next i completed Rhinoc's Left Shoulder Attachment:

082110233651.jpg

I had some difficulty with it but nothing i couldn't handle...or bondo couldn't handle....lol

And at my local Gamestop they were saying how the Gamestops were having a Halo Reach display contest so i spent about a day working on something for them....actually i did an all nighter using these key ingredients to help me stay awake:

082110204507.jpg

And out of that all nighter and a couple hours today i finally made this:

082210184559.jpg

Modeled by ForgedReclaimer and unfolded by HaloGodess, i made this to the scale set for the file...i don't know if it is meant to be this big but here are the dimensions of the finished product:
Height: 7.75"
Weight: 3lb 6.5oz
Circumference: 12.5"

This sucker is solid thanks to rondo.

More to come so stay tuned!

Lookin' great as usual! Hopefully, Gamestop uses their Eastside location, so Kevin and I can show up with a generator in the back of his car. Great that found 2 guys to help out, as I'm afraid I'm not too much help lol. Also, you only drank one can of nestea for your all nighter? I find that hard to believe.

Cheers,
Sniperbaas

Sniperbaas....do you think i could have fit the 10 cans i had in the cooler into the picture? XD

I also got the files from FoolyCoolyMan for the slimmed down Forearm, Shins, and Thighs. Thanks FoolyCoolyMan!

Hey man! Your most welcome

Good to hear you got the files :D

Just a little warning with the shin, I unfolded it pretty badly around the lower back area so when your gluing pieces together its kinda weird... you think to yourself "how is that ment to glue there if its folded that way?" lol hopefully it wont be too much a hassle for you :D

Hey all,

So i am taking a break from cutting and figured i should post some pictures since i have nothing else to do while im on a break. So here ya go!

UNDERSUIT

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are big...i finally got my hands on a proper camera.

Hope you guys like it, cause i sure do! YAY for Thrift Stores!!!!

More to come!

UPDATE!

So i will not be able to get Jorge done in time for launch day :( but i should be able to have it done by Halo-ween!

So stay tuned to the updates! I will try and have my ODST helm i have been working on done by then and wear that but that's about it. If you know the best way to get a visor into an H2 ODST helm please let me know!!!!! I have a standard bike helm i can put in but im not sure it will fit so any suggestions or comments there would be awesome.

Collage has started and i am still working a part time job so if i keep up with my homework i can stay ahead of the game and get this done.

Now for the parts update.

I am currently working on the Shin and this is what i have so far:
090110205124.jpg

090110205134.jpg

And also i have another question for people. Is it just me or is Rundowns bicep piece inside out when making it?

Here is a picture example of what im talking about:
090110205148.jpg

Notice how the edge is coming towards the numbers not folding the other way? the whole piece is backwards to where the numbers are on the inside of the piece...any help on that too would be awesome!

So thats about all that i have so far. Stay tuned for more when i get it!

P.S. TUCKER if you have thrift stores where your from that is the best place to scrounge for undersuit and padding stuff!

Notice how the edge is coming towards the numbers not folding the other way? the whole piece is backwards to where the numbers are on the inside of the piece...any help on that too would be awesome!

Hey,
Maybe you gotta score the other way? So with all the folds that say Mountain do a valley instead and visa versa?
I gotta admit i never had this problem man lol... its weird.... hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back