Site Suggestion Box

Lieutenant Jaku

Sr Member
there was no good thread for this so I made one. we need an official site suggestion thread.
but the thing I have noticed is although we cant respond to other regiment threads, there doesn't seem to be any reason we shouldn't be able to like other regiment threads, and was wondering if we might get this sometime in the future.

I was actually thinking of that the other day. I'm going to talk to the Regiment Staff to see how they feel but we have purposely set up those private areas for each Regiment so that Regiment only discussions could happen so there really is no reason for people not to be able to respond to threads in the general Regiment areas, even if it isn't their Regiment. Let me get back to you on that one.

Upvote 0
Sean Anwalt There are thumbnails below. I don't believe the forum platform that we are on will allow for the part to be displayed next to the name of the piece. Also the download now gives you everything zipped in a complete set so you are not downloading individual files any longer.

Upvote 0
Just as a note to the first request - I have spoken to Art. He is unable to look in to the changes I've requested at this time but as soon as he can we will be working through the changes I'm requesting.

Upvote 0
well I got one, and its one that was brought up over three years ago but here it is again... CHAT ROOM, now I know theirs a app called Line which has all the bells and whistles, I don't know if we can use it for the 405th chat room or not, because it would make things a little easier for us at cons when we can use it to send out messages to just those guys post photos which can be uploaded by another member and even video chat if need be.

Upvote 0
well I got one, and its one that was brought up over three years ago but here it is again... CHAT ROOM, now I know theirs a app called Line which has all the bells and whistles, I don't know if we can use it for the 405th chat room or not, because it would make things a little easier for us at cons when we can use it to send out messages to just those guys post photos which can be uploaded by another member and even video chat if need be.
Im not sure what we would really need this for besides videochat, since the whoule site is basically a big chat room.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the suggestion foxleader but a chat room isn't going to be added here. There is Facebook for quick communication as well as the 405th Discord channel which is rarely used.

Upvote 0
We now have the ability to respond to threads in any Regiment!

Those of you who are a part of Regiments know that each Regiment has two parts. One is closed and for Regiment members only, and the other is open to anyone on the 405th. Until now, "open" meant that anyone could read but you couldn't respond in a thread and you couldn't start a new topic.

While it remains that you cannot start a new thread in a Regiment you are not a member of, you can now reply to threads in any Regiment's open area regardless of whether or not you are a member of that Regiment or any Regiment at all! So please take some time to check out other Regiments!

Any questions?

Upvote 0
If the area is closed, you won't see it at all, except in your own Regiment. It's at the top and will say, for example, "Colonial Regiment - Members Only". It really is only used for election stuff at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We now have the ability to respond to threads in any Regiment!

Those of you who are a part of Regiments know that each Regiment has two parts. One is closed and for Regiment members only, and the other is open to anyone on the 405th. Until now, "open" meant that anyone could read but you couldn't respond in a thread and you couldn't start a new topic.

While it remains that you cannot start a new thread in a Regiment you are not a member of, you can now reply to threads in any Regiment's open area regardless of whether or not you are a member of that Regiment or any Regiment at all! So please take some time to check out other Regiments!

Any questions?

Interesting quirk I've found since I went and tried out the Pacific Regiment area.

I can comment, quote and reply but the like option for posts isn't available.

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back