Smg Molded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and girls... well not much to say, other than I have a molded SMG... I'll be making a few up shortly, aswell as making a few accessory items to convert it to the ODST version from the new Halo... Hope you like, and want to get one.. lol Big thanx to RedToguse for this SMG....

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1317.jpg

DSCF1318.jpg

DSCF1319.jpg

DSCF1320.jpg

Note: the SMG on the bottom is the one from the MircoSoft statue, (warped, undersized, low detail), but the one I molded (Top) has much Higher detail, larger (%15), and much straighter...

DSCF1321.jpg

Nice work there!
What is your mold made from? I looks like a rubber but I guess it could be silicone. I looks very stiff.

realy nice
it apears that under the rear sight there is a slight elevational difference compared to the front but nothing major
nice job

JOLTY TacoMan said:
realy nice
it apears that under the rear sight there is a slight elevational difference compared to the front but nothing major
nice job

That's because I kept the seamline along one side of the sight... so you are seeing more of the SMG's molded surface, that's the deep side mold, the other is shallow...

The mold is made of Por-A-Mold TA silicone, and the mother is a combo of resins...

Last edited by a moderator:
godsarmor said:
not trying to smash but the statue one looks 2x nicer

I actually have both right here... the statue one is warped to fit the statue, and no details... This one is much better... but if you like the other, I won't offer you one of mine....

JOLTY TacoMan said:
what was your original model made from?

Not sure really... it's not from the Microsoft statue, cuz it's bigger... My guess is one of the LE Muckel statues, but it came from the UK... I got it from another member here, and planned on molding it sometime back, just never did... I'll clean up the original abit, and get some better pix... the pix still show the mold release, and really throws off the detail.

I am in love. Great work as usual. I can't wait to see this in person. Will you bring one this weekend?

Ithica

What did you use to make the mold. I dont think thats rebound 25 or Brush-on 40 unless there is a dye for it.

Looks great, cant wait to see a pull!

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
What did you use to make the mold. I dont think thats rebound 25 or Brush-on 40 unless there is a dye for it.

Looks great, cant wait to see a pull!

CHEERS!

The mold is made of Por-A-Mold TA silicone, and the mother is a combo of resins...

Nice work buddy. I'm glad you put it to good use.
Yeah the original is a muckle-tastic. Same as most of my armor.

I would be interested in this a lot. For me it seems like the paint and lighting put the " bad look" on the top SMG. Yep, everyone is in Texas, it's like perfect armor making weather! What kind of stuff did you use to reinforce the mold? May not be as relevant but, looks like another version of Bondo. I'm sending you PM after this message lol.

Yep, good ol' bondo body filler, and High impact resin... Cheap and easy way to make a form fitting mother mold.... PM sent...

And here is a bit better pic of that SMG:

DSCF1332.jpg

Newspartancreator said:
Sorry, for the double post guys, but here is that better pic...
No need to double post, Press the Edit button.
Or if you're double posting so your work is visible on the front page, or ontop of the list, And want to bump it without double posting, Just copy the contents of the most recent post you made, then delete that post, Add a new reply, Paste.
There you have it. Your topic is bumped, Top of the list. and you didn't even need to double post.

On topic, Nice SMG. Really accurate, Some of the paint looks a bit "Flakey" though. Such as the handle and the part behind the trigger.
Not very noticeable though.
Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back