Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

I began building the halo reach sniper rifle a few days ago, as it is one of my favorite weapons, and one of the weapons I excel with, right next to the DMR. I was going to build the grip and stock first, but I built this piece for a sense of scale and its pretty big. It looks reasonably sized next to my gigantic hands, but its actually pretty big.

DSC00199.jpg

Right now im working on the grip.

Heres the plan in the long run:

Grip and stock. Pepakura, fiberglassed inside.

Barrel shroud. Pepakura/cardboard, and wooded parts. will be open to give view of the barrel like the real one.

Barrel. Will be PVC and will go all the way into the reciever for balance. Mounts will be pep and fiberglass.

Reciever will be cardboard and pep, with wooden supports, and a "working" primer, which will give a great view of the magazine and dummy rounds.

The magazine will all be pep and cardboard, with some working springs I have laying around. The dummy rounds will actually be 14.5x114mm, and I will use wooden dowels and balsa wood, and maybe even cast them.

Here's a good reference of the rounds I hope to make:
Bloodline_145x114mm_APFSDS_Sabot_Separation.png

The scope will be cardboard, and I might actually take some lenses I have, and make the scope work, and just have the rear lens green tinted. Or I might just get a cheap camera and LCD screen.

Finally, the Bipod will be plywood, and the metal carry handle wire thing will be some metal rod, maybe even coat hangar.

I also have a few rifle slings, and I will make the sling mount out of wood so they wont break off.

I like the Idea of the Sabot(APFSDS- Amor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) rounds Toa.

hope this goes well and will be watching for amazingness.

Got some updates. I just finished the grip part of the stock. Now im going to start with the shoulder stock that goes above it. Then I will work on the front grip area, and if I get my PVC i might work on the barrel and gas tube.

Heres a picture:
DSC00200.jpg

I noticed at 1:1 scale my brother cant get his finger to the trigger because he is about 5'8, which isnt spartan II size. So if he wants one I might have to make some modifications.

However me being almost 6'4 it seems perfect for me. That and im the only person in my house that is taller than the sniper rifle is long.
So I was talkin to a friend of mine, and apparently I have 95% of teh symptoms of Marfan's syndrome, so i might just go get checked for that. I havent been having eye or heart problems, and I lack flat feet, but everything else matches.

That could even describe my Asperger's syndrone, and why two of my ribs go inward, making a small crater on my chest.

I did some more work, and I sorted out all of this. Its only about %50 of the sniper rifle, but it takes up some space.
DSC00203.jpg

As of 20 minutes after this pic I made the heat sync, bolt, ejection port, and lower grip.

I finished the muzzle brake, and its almost as long as my hand. It should be longer, but I am really big....

Anyway photobucket is being mental right now, so no pics yet.

I was also going to put up a pic of the thighs, but as I said, photobucket is broken.

Oh, that reminds me, I added the little circles that go behind the handle.

You can see where it goes in pic #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back