Songs That Cut You Deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc halo3

I know,I know theres been thousands (not literally) of these 'Fav songs' threads but this one is a bit different, it's about songs that are really meaningful to you and cut you deep when you listen the them.

So...BAMM share them with us;

Mine will have to be:

One, 21 guns by greenday(this reminds of when i was super depressed) and

Love song by sara barelleis ( time when i broke up with my GF).

so what are yours 405th?

I have one.

Last To Know - Three Days Grace.

That songs reminds me of the time my ex GF left me for someone else.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
I have one.

Last To Know - Three Days Grace.

That songs reminds me of the time my ex GF left me for someone else.

-Pony

Dude pony thats some connection between your story and the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart, it reminds me of how me and my ex. How she fell out of love with me, while to this day I'm still in love with her. To top it off.....she's my best friend these days.

I have no idea why the songs that are really meaningful to me are really meaningful to me; the don't really remind me of anything or anyone, but their sheer beauty just stuns me:

• Waltz of Chihiro (Chihiro no Waltz) - Joe Hisaishi
  • Brothers (Bratja) - Fullmetal Alchemist OST

Great Thread.

Last to know is one of my fav's but, as this is a 'songs that cut you deep' thread. I am going to have to say.

1. Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby.

2. Rise Against - Hero Of War.

3. Rascall Flatts - What hurts the most. (this one would probably relate pony).

Thats my lot.

Cheers, Dave.

EDIT: Leyton, that brothers song made me want to cry. Oh an it it by 'Full metal achemist'.

Paschendale (or "Passchendaele") - Iron Maiden

Single most meaningful song to me, period. Even without the lyrics, the guitar speaks the meaning of the song as well if not better then the lyrics ever could.

If you have ever seen "Passchendaele" (Its a Canadian film - Not many Americans or anybody else out there have seen it) you will understand just how meaningful the song is. If you listened in History class, Passchendaele was a terrible battle in Belgium during WWI. A total of 460,400 - 884,614 casualties took place in the mud, blood and steel of the battlefield. So many bodies were lost in the mud that there is no accurate casualty number, and there never will be. One of the bloodiest battles of 20th century history.

Passchendale - Iron Maiden

Watch and listen. Its truly worth the 8-ish minutes.

Hmm...there are a view Songs, let me see...

Macross Frontier - Infinity

Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After

Air Gear - Chain [Rockin' 8 Glider Mix]

MELL - Red fraction

Red Fraction (GMS - Remix)

Hammerfall - Hearts on Fire

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames

XxCALIBERxX said:
Leyton, that brothers song made me want to cry. Oh an it it by 'Full metal achemist'.

Yeah, it is a very powerful song =')

Also, thanks for the artist; I've updated the original post ;)

On Xmas eve 1999 I was leaving my girlfriends house after I received a call that my grandmother, a person I loved more than anyone in the world was in a coma and going to die from some screwed up medication the doctors gave her to unclog a mild heart attack. The only thing I remember is riding in my car and hearing one song "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve. The station constantly played that song and I never payed attention to it before then. Now when I hear it that moment of time is all I think of. That song either puts me to tears or nearly does every time.

metallicas...master of puppets, reminds me of when i was hooked on cocain and it cost me everything, its the first song i heared when i was holding my son for the first time and made a decision to get clean for my son.... been clean for 11 years now. the song still brings back all the feelings i felt then, now. and now i have full custody and a great life because of this song.

@ Extreme Tactics.

Love the song, remember back in the days when i used to listen to iron maiden, 'In the smoke and the mud i lay'.... You have to listen to hero of war. Great song.

Cheers, Dave.

metallicas...master of puppets, reminds me of when i was hooked on cocain and it cost me everything, its the first song i heared when i was holding my son for the first time and made a decision to get clean for my son.... been clean for 11 years now. the song still brings back all the feelings i felt then, now. and now i have full custody and a great life because of this song.

thats my favourite song, but i dont have any that cut me deep, im happy for you thats you got clean man! Congragulations!

Wow really successful thread guys,

I have another song from when i was like 9 and i was in a coma for 2 weeks, Wake me up when september ends by Green day.

shoalindiciple said:

Wow good for you for kicking the habit.

As for me...I would have to say Parinoid by Black Sabbath. It pretty much describes what I go though every day...

Hard to see by Five Finger Death Punch

Its hard to explain but theirs just something about it that reminds me of me in it.

"Heart of Steel" and "Hymn of the Immortal Warriors" by Manowar.

They sound epic, and make me feel better when I'm down.

Hard to believe that the singer (Eric Adams) for Manowar has been singing for 30 years, and his voice hasn't changed one bit. :eek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back