Props Spike Grenade Weta Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

Here is the start of my Weta style Spike Grenade. There really wasnt any details on their version. I still need to sand and finish it but you get the general idea. There is only a light coat of primer on it to help see the spots that need work. I was thinking about adding some of the recessed details on it but I might not, maybe I will do it on the angular one. I still have not decided what to make the blades out of. Ignore the messy basement in the background. :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

0331091607a.jpg
0331091607b.jpg
0331091607.jpg
0331091659.jpg
0331091658.jpg

Bigalt424 said:
you should grenade bash people with that...lol

I see your in Illinois, are you offering to be the testing apparatus????

Last edited by a moderator:
smick6 said:
I see your in Illinois, are you offering to be the testing apparatus????
I'll take a pass on that, especially when there are spikes :whistle:

looks like the start to another great brute weapon. I can see were you took inspiration for this project just took the r out of the last project

Spartan 051 said:
looks like the start to another great brute weapon. I can see were you took inspiration for this project just took the r out of the last project

I guess I have a soft spot for all things Brute. o_O

LeeKegan said:
Love it! How did you make the rounded parts?

Sorry Lee I didnt see your question till now, I must have missed it. It started of as some pvc pipe, then it was modded. I will put some pics of the build up when I get my camera back, they are on the memory card.

I decided to do a hybrid Weta, in game style. I am going to add some of the recessed details that are on the in game model as opposed to the totally smooth weta one.

Went ahead and started cutting out the in game detail. It just looked to bland with out it. Trying to decide on what material I will use for the spikes. I also was trying to decide if this would be something I should mold or not, what do you guys think? Its still in its early stages. I am also planning out the mounting of the spikes. I dont think I would do a mold with them on there, maybe the bottom ones but I dont know yet. Any input from the crowd is always good. :)
Oh the grenade is about 34" or so.

Bad cell phone pic, sorry.

I dont think I would do a mold with them on there, maybe the bottom ones but I dont know yet. Any input from the crowd is always good.

Well.... If I were a totally bad azz beast who made amazing brute spikers and the like........ :whistle: lol I think I would make the spikes that were smaller and less likely to break off, out of the resin, and then the larger, longer ones, out of metal and attach them later. But keep in mind, that's totally just me. ;) I would like to see real metal spikes, but it's up to you smick.

Like the details you have added. I don't know if I would mold it, there hasn't been much interest from the crowd. I would do the blade out of metal for yourself, would probabaly mold them if you end up molding.

As discussed previously, I think I could certainly use a couple of castings if you were to go ahead and do a mould, for use in Operation Chastity.

Peter Cooper said:
As discussed previously, I think I could certainly use a couple of castings if you were to go ahead and do a mould, for use in Operation Chastity.

We can certainly work something out Pete. I think its still pretty early in the build to gather that much interest. Once there is some paint, leather and metal spikes I think it will have a bigger following. We will see. Not much to see other than large cylinder pieces now.
Lee if you would just calm down with the awesomeness of your builds I could get some attention. :lol: Your killin me man, killin me I say. ;)

Here are some pics of the Large Scale Weta Spikers. Thought it might help... Nice work...

[attachment=8784:DSC_5545.jpg]
[attachment=8785:DSC_5546.jpg]
[attachment=8786:DSC_5625.jpg]

That thing is giant. Do you guys think you would want one that big? I think it looks kind of over the top. Mine is scaled more for a normal person and it seems big that way. Mine will have the general look of that one with the in game details. Thanks for the pics.
Peter are you looking for them to be that big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back