Sry but another Proportionate scaling Question...Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyklipse

Hello everyone, I'm new and I've been searching the forums about how to proportionately scale the armor pieces for my family and I. I'm going to make 3 separate suits and I have downloaded Pep. 3.07a. I know how to scale with in designer however, I just don't know the right calculations and what measurements areas should be taken. I have Robogenisis Mk VI armor. I was able to knock out the forearm pieces for my child by guessing and that worked "ok" but will not work for the rest of the pieces. Please help.

Robogenisis' models are all set up so that the scale for the pieces is your height in inches.

That must be a mistake because the ones I downloaded from here are meant for the MC 7 feet build. I made one should piece and my head can fit in it.

Not a mistake greyklipse. Robogenesis's pdos are designed for Master Chief's height of 7'2", with a scale factor of 86. What becks meant is that you put in a scale factor of YOUR height in inches and it will be proportionate. No need to calculate some complicated scaling factor; if you're 5' tall, scale factor of 60. If you're 6' tall, scale factor of 72.

It should be noted that that is his height IN armor. According to halopedia, MC is 6'11" out of armor. So, it is recommended that you add 2 - 4 inches to your height to get a proper fit. Just putting in your height will make the armor tight, possibly too tight to fit.

To be honest, the mkVI suit is pretty easy using Robogenesis's scale factor. All the parts should fit you as long as you're a healthy adult human. The only time where this method falls down is for non standard pieces and attachments. However, a quick play around in a modelling program solves this:

th_reconhelmetscale.png th_shoulderscales.png

Here I have used a pretty simple method to find out exactly how big I should make a recon helmet. Just times the factor I get by the height of mkVI helmet for a person of my size. I also have an image like this for the HD thigh pieces, let me know if you want it.

Not a mistake greyklipse. Robogenesis's pdos are designed for Master Chief's height of 7'2", with a scale factor of 86. What becks meant is that you put in a scale factor of YOUR height in inches and it will be proportionate. No need to calculate some complicated scaling factor; if you're 5' tall, scale factor of 60. If you're 6' tall, scale factor of 72.

It should be noted that that is his height IN armor. According to halopedia, MC is 6'11" out of armor. So, it is recommended that you add 2 - 4 inches to your height to get a proper fit. Just putting in your height will make the armor tight, possibly too tight to fit.

So what you are saying is I will have to measure the area I will be making the armor (ie. forearm..thighs..etc..) for and convert to mm. Thank you. Thx again for the help.

i don't see how this can be right either, I just started making the Robogen Normal Def Mark VI and I scaled the codpiece to 74 and it barely fits. I'm 5'6" with a waist size of 32 inches if I would have scaled it at 66-68 it would have been way too small. I'll let you know how other pieces start to turn out when I get them pep'd. Is the codpiece a special case ?

you did split the codpiece before you tried to put it on correct? It should be cut on each side of belt boxes for best look and comfort in my opinion.

No I didn't split it. Is it designed to be split? So if it was split into a front and back you could adjust it for more room? Is that why it would be smaller than my waist if I use the scale of 68 and it's in one whole piece because it's designed to be split?

Just trying to get this straight before I start peping the chest piece at a scale of 74 like i had the codpiece at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back