Starting a new project SM Terminator powersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

claire

Hi just starting a new project, I'm into Warhammer 40k and especially like the Terminator armour, after a long search I managed to find a 3D model suitable to break down and turn into Pepakura.

I'm still editing the model but here is a little preview of the unfolded inner and outer shoulderpads, i've also included links to the Pdo'd incase anyone want to have a play.

Inner Shoulderpad:

SMTerminatorlftundershoulder.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/7Bs_4Zn4/Terminator_lft_inner_Shouldr_P.html

Outer Shoulderpad:

SMTerminatorlftoutershoulder.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/QngoZCXg/Terminator_lft_outer_Shouldr_P.html

Here is a preview of whats to come

SMTerminator.jpg

Terminator_lft_outer_Shouldr_P.html

SMTerminatorHelmettop.jpg

SMTerminatorHelmetfront.jpg

SMTerminatorHelmetside.jpg

SMTerminatorHelmetunderside.jpg

Not sure where I got the model from but glad I did, I have had to break it down alot due to all the different armoured parts but will update this post as I finish the sections.

One thing I do know is I need to work on placing the cutouts better so forgive the current crude version.

Tips are definitely appreciated. :)

Update finished the left arm minus the fist and moved on to the Helmet, had some issues with it but found removing the ear peices, and the front detail helped.

So here is the basic SM Terminator Helmet, the extra detail can be added later as I'm still working on them but they will be posted seperately when done.

TerminatorBasicHelmet.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/7z-3bPBk/Terminator_Helmet_basic.html

awesome been looking for a terminator suit to complete the collection, when you finish the files send em my way ill be happy to help unfolding/pepping and will gladly put this one in my hall of armours

Glad there's some interest in this here's an update

I have finished Chest armour plus the extras like vents and access pnls, left upper and lower arm, left shoulder inner and outer armour. I have also done the right leg armour. I have included some more pics and the files for them.

torsoarmour.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/IAKEy4ba/Terminator__basic_upprt_torso_.html

The biggest problem I see will be scalling it big enough to look accurate but small enough to wear. the hight of the armour makes the width to wide for human size so it might be best to build then adjust after. I'm pretty sure I can adapt it once built using bearing to mount the shoulder pads so they are attatched to the suit but free moving with the arms.

Will keep you posted with more soon :)

Do me a favour though guys if you build it post pics to let me see how it turns out. As soon as I'm ready to build and have the first peice done I will post too :) Thanks

Hi just starting a new project, I'm into Warhammer 40k and especially like the Terminator armour, after a long search I managed to find a 3D model suitable to break down and turn into Pepakura.

[...]

Here is a preview of whats to come

SMTerminator.jpg

[...]

Tips are definitely appreciated. :)
For the record, this model was done by Obiwan from the 3D Heretics forums.

Anyway, IMO the detail level is a bit too high for pep but I give you points (or cookies) for tackling this project. Good luck in editing the file. Just make sure that you get rid of the intersecting planes inside the helmet.

EDIT: I just downloaded the basic helmet file and you did quite well in dealing with the intersecting planes and excess polygons. I would have preferred that you kept the "steps" in front of the helmet but overall, still a good job. I can see a Deathwing terminator (1st Company Dark Angels Chapter) with this one. :D

is there a way to smooth the planes? i mean space marines are mostly straight/curved surfaces, seems pretty crazy to have 20 pieces to make up one curve no?

just asking.. either way its AWESOME as hell

I will say I'm always learning new things especially with Pepakura. You should be able to re-do the unfolding, if you can unfold it better I wont complain the models are not the easiest to unfold, they all have contours galore. If you do re-do the unfolding better dont forget to share :)

maybe the infamous Ral will give it a go, i'm always pleased with his unfolds~!!

^_^ shameless plug
Trust me, you'll have an easier time convincing me to work on anything WH40K than Halo these days. Sounds sacrilegious but I guess with the end of Halo, I decided to move on and onto WH40K.

I'll be keeping an eye on this WIP for sure.

For the record, this model was done by Obiwan from the 3D Heretics forums.

EDIT: I just downloaded the basic helmet file and you did quite well in dealing with the intersecting planes and excess polygons. I would have preferred that you kept the "steps" in front of the helmet but overall, still a good job. I can see a Deathwing terminator (1st Company Dark Angels Chapter) with this one. :D

Good to know the original creater of the model.

As for the helmet yeah I figured early on that the ear peices, mouth are etc overlapped so they were cut into a seperate file, same with all the extras on the torso like access pnl, inner back cover, lamp and shoulder mounts. Again all done seperately leaving nothing but a shell.

The hand was removed digit by digit into seperate files too although I have a powerfist I'm considering making when I build this suit. :)

Have you considered Tau Firewarrior armor at all? I once experimented with their thigh plates using styrofoam type stuff, but never once considered pep to do stuff like that. Should be pretty doable.

Love the terminator armor, see if you can't add on those missile launchers. On second thought, you probably want to fit in doorways.:D

Have you considered Tau Firewarrior armor at all? I once experimented with their thigh plates using styrofoam type stuff, but never once considered pep to do stuff like that. Should be pretty doable.

Love the terminator armor, see if you can't add on those missile launchers. On second thought, you probably want to fit in doorways.:D

I have considered Tau Fire Warriors as my other half like the Tau so I might look into finding a good 3d model that would be suitable that I could Pep but it will be a while as I will be concentrating on the Terminator suit for now. As for a Missile rack yeah it would be a bit big as it is the Terminator suit will struggle through doors lol unless they're double doors lol.

I have visions of needing a van to get to and from Games day lol

The Tau fire warrior pep files have been done already. Search the boards and you'll find them very easily.

Good God man that is insane, like others, my fingers hurt just looking at the cutting involved. Would love to see this come to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back