Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really awesome with what you're doing here. I just feel it'd take too much time. For me, personally, to attempt something like this. Although, I may do a helmet.

Macattack64 said:
It's really awesome with what you're doing here. I just feel it'd take too much time. For me, personally, to attempt something like this. Although, I may do a helmet.

Yeah....it really is a lot of work. Im just glad im this patient. But this whole thing has become a sort of hobby for me. So its nice to be able to sit down after work and just relax with putting this thing together. Plus its a little exciting to have half of iron man actually standing in the room with me.. Im such a little kid at heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
SupermanExtreme1 said:
Nice! you made the duct tape mannequinn.

Wow that suit is looking amazing!

Hey hey there Superman!! I saw that torso sculpt over on your thread. I wish i could be that skilled with my hands too...but im just going to stick to pepakura for now. I can manipulate computer workings better than clay..haha.. Besides, nothing wrong with using tech to make a techy suit right? Thats what Tony does after all. Thanks for the thumbs up man! Your input is always appreciated. Yeah, the mannequinn is done. My Brother and I made both our duct tape skins the same day, i just happened to stuff mine and put it together first. My brother is six foot four (maybe a little bigger) so his is going to be nuts..

This is looking absolutely awesome! Both your Iron man suits guys...Its incredible what you can do when you put the time and effort into it eh :p

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Trust me man. If I had 3d modeling skills. I would have done the same thing and actually been motivated to pep it out.

I'm sure it motivates you because its must be very rewarding knowing you're pepping your 3D models to life.

This is truly the most accurate Iron Man build. People need to see this and stop overstating lesser builds.

They haven't seen anything until they've seen this build.

Pepakura FTW

Nice. haha. Yeah. Its a lot of work..both our suits are. It really is rewarding. Just because im putting all this time and effort into this build, and its crazy as to how awesome the feeling is to walk into a room and HELLO iron man is standing in my room...right there in the corner.. its just crazy.

Trickster Loki said:
This is looking absolutely awesome! Both your Iron man suits guys...Its incredible what you can do when you put the time and effort into it eh :p

-Loki

Thanks for the thumbs up loki!!

Starx said:
Thanks for the thumbs up loki!!

If I could I would give you Both mass amounts of cookies for these builds. You are both doing tony stark proud! *tear* hahaha. But yeah man. I would do a little happy jig every time I walked in if I saw an Iron Man I had BUILT in my room...for now I do a happy jig for my odst bucket haha. Keep on doing what you do bro! Looks awesome!!

-Loki

There is a ridiculous amount of detail you have there man. Great job so far. And going for the full moving mechanical parts is amazing. I can't wait to see it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. Good luck with the rest of the build Starx!

Update - but not much of one. It has a stable stand now. no more tape keeping it up. On to the spine.

2h7qav5.jpg

I dont know what to say.......that is the most awesome pep work Ive seen. Im making a Iron Man suit for Halloween and was feeling pretty good about it til now........Mine looks like a 10 year old put it together compared to yours. In my defence however this is the first thing I have ever pepped. I hope to someday be as good as you at this. Amazing simply amazing!

FatherDamien said:
I dont know what to say.......that is the most awesome pep work Ive seen. Im making a Iron Man suit for Halloween and was feeling pretty good about it til now........Mine looks like a 10 year old put it together compared to yours. In my defence however this is the first thing I have ever pepped. I hope to someday be as good as you at this. Amazing simply amazing!

Thanks man!! I appreciate the approvement. However, this is only my second build, so trust me, im nowhere near as advanced as everybody thinks. Im just really good with the pep program.

This is looking even more like you have Tony Stark locked in a basement as each update comes up! Fantastic work, I have ONE criticism though, HURRY UP!

Hahaha.....im trying man im trying..but this weekend should be eventful. I have the entire sunday off, and its supposed to rain, so that stomach will be done. Maybe even other parts. well have to see. Also, I was thinking about once the costume is done, i was going to make my own custom iron man armor. But mine is designed for high velocity travel. Ill show you guys a picture of what im talking about later.

As far as updates go..yes and no. I had the cod piece complete, as well as the stomach plating, but it didn fit my taste..so i basically spent sunday from 10 am to 2 am trying to get somthing i would be happy with...with no result. However, i spent yesterday and finished a cod piece i like. Now on to the stomach piece, and then resizing the top torso a bit in order to keep with the aesthetics of the build.

On a side note, halloween is coming up soon, and i am without a costume..but not a plan. I plan on doing tony starks as he is when he tests the flight gear for the first time (pics below of the pieces ill try to complete). So that should cover halloween..or HALO-ween...lol.

On a nother side note, the build is progressing slowly, but i promise you guys i WILL finish this build. I hate starting something and then not finishing it. Ill just take some time. Later everyone!

2ng4ffk.jpg

22ff4x.jpg

2mdnsi0.jpg

1z2hl6h.jpg

p.s. can anyone tell me how i can change the little detail line under my heading line that comes up in the noob forum browser? i dont know how to change it.

Starx said:
p.s. can anyone tell me how i can change the little detail line under my heading line that comes up in the noob forum browser? i dont know how to change it.

Well, I edit my first post, then look for the "title" bar, right underneath that (or near that, anyway) there should be the topic description (which is what I'm assuming you are talking about), where you can change it.

Can't wait until you get this finished, this will be EPIC :cool :cool:cool :cool:cool :cool

Starx said:
On a side note, halloween is coming up soon, and i am without a costume..but not a plan. I plan on doing tony starks as he is when he tests the flight gear for the first time (pics below of the pieces ill try to complete). So that should cover halloween..or HALO-ween...lol.

1z2hl6h.jpg

Haha, I did the same thing for the similar reasons last year. Kind of a mix of different early stages in the movie, so not accurate to any specific point in the movie, but hey, not bad for a $6 budget, lol.

n653307658_1147173_3451.jpg

Since the movie I’ve been awful tempted to try to take on making a suit of aluminum… looking over your designs, I could see making an aluminum rail under skeleton to attach the plates to.

Your dedication to this project is astounding! Keep up the awesome work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back