Sticky/wiki Questionare

What should be done about the stickies and the Wiki?

• Master Tutorial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Integrated Wiki

• No preference

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
In the effort to prevent more arguing over the organization of information here at 405th.com, we would like input for all of our members on the preceeding questions.

The two issues at the forefront here are how to best solve the abundance and disorganization of stickied tutorial threads, and the debate over the 405th Wiki. These questions have been taken from the 405th.com -- Costuming Wiki -- Tutorials thread, and this poll is intended to officially determine the opinion of the entire forum on these subjects to help settle the debate.

Please answer the above questions truthfully. If are unsure of the topic being discussed or would like to make additional suggestions for this questionare, please post below. No debate or coercing will be tolerated in this thread. This poll must be fair in order to be accurate.

Thank you for your cooperation in helping us better serve this community.

In regards to the last question- I think a master tutorial can exist alongside, or within, either an independant wiki or an integrated wiki. To make it a choice between an integrated wiki OR a master tutorial I think confuses the subject and eliminates other possible options.
Perhaps instead something like.. "Is a master tutorial necessary, or should a wiki suffice?", with the options "A master tutorial is necessary", "a wiki should suffice", and "No preference".

Lol... take the humor in my statement when I make it... cause I am laughing about this...

Why not....

Is a Wiki necessary, or should a master tutorial suffice?", with the options "A wiki is necessary", "a master tutorial should suffice", and "No preference".

Its only a questionire... only to get a better feel without getting bogged down in bickering what the general forum thinks.

I struggled with the wording of that question, and originally had almost exactly what you suggest. I'd hate to go change it because members may wish that they had voted differently.

In lieu of changing it I think we can asume that a 'No preference' vote suggests that the voting member either doesn't have a preference between the two, or that the two can exist together. We can hammer out the seperation after these issues are settled.

Is that acceptable?

I think a few of the stickied tutorials should be improved with pictures or videos.
There are currently many tutorials wich are better then the currently stickied tutorials.

-Fin(n)ish

Sean Bradley said:
I struggled with the wording of that question, and originally had almost exactly what you suggest. I'd hate to go change it because members may wish that they had voted differently.

In lieu of changing it I think we can asume that a 'No preference' vote suggests that the voting member either doesn't have a preference between the two, or that the two can exist together. We can hammer out the seperation after these issues are settled.

Is that acceptable?

I think some could see it as an insinuation that that's the choice- between a master tutorial or an integrated wiki.
Also, it's the only question pertaining to the master tutorial- why cloud the results by referring to an integrated wiki?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
I think some could see it as an insinuation that that's the choice- between a master tutorial or an integrated wiki.
Also, it's the only question pertaining to the master tutorial- why cloud the results by referring to an integrated wiki?

Because it's not the most pressing issue here, and we've clarified it, and the poll has already been started. I don't think we should start the poll over once it has been started, we'll just suppliment it with additional polling after as I'm sure there will be aditional questions that arise from the results of this one. We're just gauging a general opinion about this here, not making final decisions.

Maybe I should have made a poll for word choice on that question, eh? :D

Discussions about the poll format are staying... discussion about the wiki and stickies are being moved back to the discussion thread.

Yeah, the thing is here that if you guys post your reasoning behind why you voted a certain way in the poll, that it influences others opinions potentially before they vote. That would make the poll unfair, and would require us to make a locked poll. We want your input on the choice of poll questions only.. no discussion of why you voted, or what you think about these issues.. that can be done in the debate thread here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11502&hl=

Once again, no discussion of why you voted the way you did, or what your opinion is on these issues. Only your vote is needed on that.

i dont know if this is a correct question for the topic, but what does it mean when it says "all others removed"? does that mean the unnecessesary posts are removed, or the whole threads are removed?

rvb4life said:
i dont know if this is a correct question for the topic, but what does it mean when it says "all others removed"? does that mean the unnecessesary posts are removed, or the whole threads are removed?

It means all other stickied topics. What we're talking about there is the possibility of having singular stickied threads to refer people to the many tutorials, or pages of the wiki.

why doesnt anyone suggest a video system with all mater video tutorials and such.. like here

http://www.shadownet-online.com/vids

tabs and whatnot are available and are only viewed by the site if you so wish. it can be moved anywhere really. any size check out brightcove.com for more details.. i perfer it to youtube... better resolution!

let me know what the verdict is.. when its time to do something,, ill be glad to help.. btw i havent compiled anything since i mentioned it to you Sean, i saw this thread and decided ill wait to see whats going to be done..

I think there should be a Master Sticky with links to tutorials on different things. The tutorials should all be improved with more pictures, videos, etc. as a collaborative community tutorial sort of thing.

Enrisan said:
I think there should be a Master Sticky with links to tutorials on different things. The tutorials should all be improved with more pictures, videos, etc. as a collaborative community tutorial sort of thing.
That's how a wiki works.............................

Might we know when the vote of this poll will start to effect how things are to go? And, if the wiki is to be moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back