Super Hd Halo Wars Mk Iv Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate double posting in some elses thread, but i printed out the size tester and did the scaling as you said, i am 5'9 or 60in which is 1524mm and came up with 203mm. but i all ways add alittle for padding and my fattness..lol so i put it at 215mm i have unfolded it and printed it out and it came up way too small it wouldnt even fit my butt. is there another method of sizing or should i just up the size again to like 250? which is like 9.8 inches. i guess some more testing is in order

kasper said:
i hate double posting in some elses thread, but i printed out the size tester and did the scaling as you said, i am 5'9 or 60in which is 1524mm and came up with 203mm. but i all ways add alittle for padding and my fattness..lol so i put it at 215mm i have unfolded it and printed it out and it came up way too small it wouldnt even fit my butt. is there another method of sizing or should i just up the size again to like 250? which is like 9.8 inches. i guess some more testing is in order

kasper, if you are 5'9", that would convert to 69" overall. Then add a little more for padding if you like. Don't worry I feel you're pain there:p

Last edited by a moderator:
o wow im such a retard i cant belive i sized it at 60 instead of 69 wow im going to go beat myself with a rubber fish for that one..lol

agbates said:
I understand some of you all wanted to keep this on the front page so I thought I would show off something that would do just that. You will all be happy to know that I have the cod piece finished (except for unfolding) and I am posting the file. I should be done with the unfolding in a couple of days (tomorrow is Thanksgiving) so I will post the unfolded version then. I also made a tester file to use to make sure it fits okay before you build the hd file. I even decided to make another preview file for you all to look at and see all the other things I've gotten done as well.

Agbates Cod Piece Tester

Agbates HD Cod Piece

Agbates HD MK IV Armor Preview (11-25-09)

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss5/agbates0828/6-1.jpg

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss5/agbates0828/5-3.jpg

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss5/agbates0828/4-3.jpg

holy hot damn !!! that is one SEXY SEXY model. i really can't wait to see this thing completed. lord knows i'm going to be making me a suit of Mark IV armour :)

That's an understatement. I wish I was dome sculpting the helmet so I could start using his pep files. This is epic pepakura for sure.

Ok everyone i have been meaning to get some pics up of the MK4 chest and back and here they are the onthing left to do is add the high detail back peice and the details i am going to make with card board also some metal tubing i found that fits perfect for the shoulders. i hope you like it

4142416366_31b22e681d.jpg
4141653397_1bbf7a3d8b.jpg

Wow!! Kasper great work so far. I have had zero time to spend on mine at the moment, what with my job going mental due to swine flu.

Keep it up and it'll be awesome!!

Edit to add:-

Im going to do the same as you with the high detail piece, but i'm going to use braided hose

(old shower fittings) for the tubes.

well i finished the detail in the back late last night ill post a pic when i can. is there any update on the cod unfold?

kasper said:
well i finished the detail in the back late last night ill post a pic when i can. is there any update on the cod unfold?

I've gotten it unfolded. I don't want to put the link up without agbates saying it is okay. I'm hoping I can help him keep the thread clean of too many unfolds. I can pm you the link if you want it. I scaled it for my height of 5'8".

I think I'm gonna try to sculpt this armor out of clay, my medium of preference. Plus its a much more detailed armor set, and its hard to capture all the detail using pep. Not saying your files are bad, they are really really good, but its just my choice. Good luck to all though!

Super-Ang

I know im posting here alot and it may seem like im high jacking this but i have a comment for your shins Agbates. I build Rundowns shins and they look greta but in all truth unless you cut them completly in half and hing and buckle them there is no way to get your foot inside i made mine to alittle bigger than needed and i still had to cut the lower back out just to be able to jam my foot in. so while making yours if there is anyway to keep the shin alittle wide but the indent detail it would look good and work great. I will post a pic tomorrow to how you wat i am talking about.

agbates said:

kasper said:
I know im posting here alot and it may seem like im high jacking this but i have a comment for your shins Agbates. I build Rundowns shins and they look greta but in all truth unless you cut them completly in half and hing and buckle them there is no way to get your foot inside i made mine to alittle bigger than needed and i still had to cut the lower back out just to be able to jam my foot in. so while making yours if there is anyway to keep the shin alittle wide but the indent detail it would look good and work great. I will post a pic tomorrow to how you wat i am talking about.

Perhaps you could do something like what Thorssoli did with his forearm gauntlets and cut out the front shin piece as a detachable plate. That way, you don't have to slice the whole thing in half or worry about hinges.

thorssoli said:
Here's the first set of castings out of my gauntlet molds:

4025731970_79c96b38e7_o.jpg

I made the detailed section on top of the wrist as a separate casting. The idea is that it can be pulled off in order to fit your hand through the wrist hole. I need to add some padding to the inside to keep everything in place, but so far it works out pretty well.

thats what i did with the back section like how it looks in those pics. that way my heal could fit through and i still had to force it in.

kasper said:
thats what i did with the back section like how it looks in those pics. that way my heal could fit through and i still had to force it in.

If you cut out the front rather than the back, the majority of your foot should fit through, and the heel should be able to slide down the back no problem. Of course, you actually built it and I have not, so not sure how feasible this solution would be.

5-3.jpg

Any more updates ?

I finished pepping the cod peice and chest im just waiting now on the rest of the armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back