Team Win Studios : Odst Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the double post, but theres an update for the dutch casts, and i wanted to put it on all our threads to get maximum coverage.

the interest is there for the casts so we will definitely be doing a run VERY shortly. if i can get a few more people to confirm getting one, we will be able to lower the price. feel free to hit anyone on Team Win with a PM for any questions or comments.

Quick question for Team Win: Did you guys scale the Dutch helmet to a specific height or did you use the defaults by Rundown? The reason i ask is because i just finshed the pep(default settings) and the opening is too small. I understand that i could just trim it, but i really like the design of the extra material.

Wow guys yall are really powering through this, i wish i could work at that kind of pace.

good luck, and looking good

Things are coming together so quick. I wish things were going that fast for me but I have to much on my plate. I would be up for buying one of your casts if I had the money but I cant :( . It all looks greath though, keep up the good work.

Major Pain said:
Quick question for Team Win: Did you guys scale the Dutch helmet to a specific height or did you use the defaults by Rundown? The reason i ask is because i just finshed the pep(default settings) and the opening is too small. I understand that i could just trim it, but i really like the design of the extra material.

i cant remember exactly. the height we needed and measured was 11 inches. it seems like if the default scale wasnt right on that it was only a few centimeters off. but we did trim the bottom. we just kept it even the whole way and it came out looking fantastic.

and a little sneaky peaky at a new project that was just picked up by a new member of the team. we dont know for sure yet if we will try to finish it before the con, but if not for that then we can probably have it ready for the ODST launch.

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

i think he mentioned that he was working off of the H2 rifle files. i havent been studying reference pics of the rifle so i dont know for sure, but im sure someone that sees the pics will be able to pick out which one for sure. either way, after its pepped, we will go ahead and modify it to match the H3 / ODST rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update time:

First off, we decided to throw some paint on one of the dutch casts and tape in one of link's visors to show it off...

Check it out.

update9.jpg

update9-2.jpg

(It should be noted that the ONLY work done to this cast prior to painting was removing the visor and drilling holes for the wires going into the ear pieces)

As far as the rest of the armor goes,...

Just doing general work and detailing on the pieces to get them ready for molding.

update9-3.jpg

update9-4.jpg

update9-7.jpg

update9-5.jpg

update9-8.jpg

The Rookie Helmet is coming along nicely too.

These are yours Gearsofhalo...

update9-9.jpg

Just wanted you to see what will be arriving to you soon.

It's all coming along nicely. We are going to be really busy in the coming weeks, we will keep you posted.

FTW-

Techbot

Wow, your armour is really coming along fast, and awesome!

Where'd you get the files for the sets of thighs, 'caus ive only found one file and if i use that one for the two thighs it wont look right :p

and where did you get the SMG file? and, did you vacuum form the visor?

haha thats all for my questions :p

Oh that helm is SICK!! Fantastic job on the helm. And i would also like to know where you got the smg file....please?

Keep up the awesome work!

The visors came from link. he did a great job with them. and im not sure where you guys saw an smg, but we dont have one. im watching lee's thread hoping to snatch some of those up for dcon.

DerKraken said:
Looking forward to seeing you guys at DCon. That bright orange stripe will make you easy to spot! Nice detail

Shouldn't be too hard to spot us anyway, There will be 5 of us.

:D

Techbot said:
First off, we decided to throw some paint on one of the dutch casts and tape in one of link's visors to show it off...

Check it out.

update9.jpg

By the way, did this visor come pre-tinted or did you tint it yourself? Any idea on what was used to get that color and opacity?

Personally, I think the dents in the cast can, with maybe some good weathering/painting, become battle damage.

I mean, you've got brutes hitting you with hammers, they're bound to dent something, amirite? :D

Great job, Team Win lives up to its name.

this is going to be a scatterbrained update due to dragoncon, so youre gonna have to bear with me. this will probably be the last one we have before the con, so enjoy!

Raw pull of stomach pad.

IMG_0246-1.jpg

Prepping stomach pads

IMG_0247-1.jpg

Chest mold + curing cast

IMG_0248-1.jpg

Pile o armor

IMG_0249.jpg

Leg Mold done by Newspartancreator from Soaring Hammer

IMG_0250.jpg

Raw Leg Cast

IMG_0251.jpg

Armor Factory

IMG_0253-1.jpg

Almost Finished Stomach Pieces

IMG_0254.jpg

so there you go. gauntlets should be molded and casted tonight. if they get done in time we may post one more update for them. we have to bust our humps to get done in time, but i think we will do fine. ill be taking my macbook to the con, so you should see some final suit pics up during the weekend sometime. unless youre there, then you can just come party with us!

also, now that we have the molds done for most of this stuff it means its up for grabs. look for an interest / sale thread after we have the last 2 or 3 molds done.

FTW

Oh my god. This is pure win. The win cannot be contained within my mind, AAAHH MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!!

Awesome work >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back