Team Win Studios : Odst Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohmy.gif
...............that sucks!!!! That stuff is some nasty s#!t..........I used to install it!!!!

Nooo...but glad to hear dutch is safe.

And the rest of you guys of course. But Dutch especially. :p

Oh hey,

So we've been working non-stop on our project, and we thought we'd give you a little sneak peek at what our next update might include :cool

So here are the pics...because it DID happen.

update7.jpg

After a couple of coats of the rubba (Dragon Skin).

update7-2.jpg

Oh and what's that? That would be one half of our Dutch helmet mother mold.

update7-3.jpg

J-Bonez cutting down the excess fiberglass.

update7-4.jpg

And this would be the other half of our mother mold.

So there it is. The Dutch helmet mold. Right now, we are waiting for it to cure. We still have a couple of steps left to complete it, but we don't lack much.

That's all I'm allowed to say. I'm getting the snake eye.

FT-DUBS

Erin

this is gonaa be made of win!! But wouldn't it have been more simple to simply work on the pepakura model instead of making a mold for it? what can you achieve by making a mold?

is it only to make many copies of the piece or is molded resin stronger?

Bill 118 said:
this is gonaa be made of win!! But wouldn't it have been more simple to simply work on the pepakura model instead of making a mold for it? what can you achieve by making a mold?

is it only to make many copies of the piece or is molded resin stronger?

they are making copies of it for themselves for a dragoncon I think

so they only had to make one "master" helmet

and casting resin is lighter and very durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
its looking good! i wish i could go to dragon con and meet some of the greats! and i LOVE that glue it always seems to dry at the perfect time, but i ran out and they don't stock it were i go anymore :/ so i have to use one by elmers not bad but not the same. but i'm looking forward to seeing this "army of ODST's" this years gonna be great. :D

Robby said:
Haha, nice. As you post more photos I am starting to think more and more that this might actually be happening! Very nice work!

wait...what?

SupermanExtreme1 said:
they are making copies of it for themselves for a dragoncon I think

so they only had to make one "master" helmet

and casting resin is lighter and very durable.

hes got it.

oh. and dutch is done...

update8-2.jpg

update8.jpg

update8-3.jpg

update8-4.jpg

update8-5.jpg

this is fresh out of the mold. no cleanup, sanding, etc. it was done with allumalite just because thats all hobby lobby has and we really really really wanted to see what it looked like. we got an air bubble or two, but that was expected since this was our first molding / casting adventure. the longer cure time for the smooth-cast should solve that problem. enjoy.

FTW.

Dammit, the pure awesomeness of you Dutch bucket has put me off making mine j/k

I hope mine just looks half as good as yours when I get round to it. I only wish I could make it Dragoncon to see it in person

dont stop tango! as long as you dont rush thru any one part then it will come out looking nice every time. the whole process is pretty simple, just very very time consuming.

rundown said:
i wonder how these casts look painted :lol

when you planning on making a visor? :D

we will paint her up sometime tonight using the cheap-o paint to see what she looks like.

we've ordered visors from link, so as soon as they get here ill slap one in and get some pics.

Great job on the molding and casting. I look forward to more. Hope the vids helped a lil.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Great job on the molding and casting. I look forward to more. Hope the vids helped a lil.

Ithica

there is absolutely no way we would have made it thru without those vids. we really appreciate you taking the time out to help us along.

Robby said:
That's pretty cool, I can see some depressions and stuff. Is that expected? And @Goosebot I was joking about sorry for the confusion.

no worries. and which depressions are you talking about? they probably came from our extremely noobish attempt to mold / cast this stuff.

HaloFreakX said:
I spy a LK Silence M6C :rolleyes .

you sure do. im in loooooove with them.

the one on the raised side plate is actually on the master. the others i couldnt see on it, which means that they could have formed in the mold, or that we are just newbz. either way, its nothing a finger full of bondo wont fix. ill be fixing it just on the cast for now, and then fixing the master and remolding after dragoncon when funds arent as tied up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back