*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat's knee is not the GUNGNIR, it's the default knee.

FJ/PARA is what Carter, Jun and Emile have, Jorge has Grenadier, Kat has default. GUNGNIR is like a larger version of default with some small alterations.

@Blaylock:
Never realized I didn't post the new file in here. It's not unfolded yet, but here it is:
http://www.filefront.com/17710413/Ruze789 Carter Helmet (Final) Attachment and Support.pdo

I am planning on modeling the brim, I have the reference taken. Haven't had a chance to do any modeling for the last week and a half, I had some issues come up with my computers and had the flu last week.

I need to finish torsoboy's CQC helmet and then I'm probably going to bang that model out.

FJ/PARA is what Carter, Jun and Emile have, Jorge has Grenadier, Kat has default. GUNGNIR is like a larger version of default with some small alterations.

@Blaylock:
Never realized I didn't post the new file in here. It's not unfolded yet, but here it is:
http://www.filefront.com/17710413/Ruze789 Carter Helmet (Final) Attachment and Support.pdo

I am planning on modeling the brim, I have the reference taken. Haven't had a chance to do any modeling for the last week and a half, I had some issues come up with my computers and had the flu last week.

I need to finish torsoboy's CQC helmet and then I'm probably going to bang that model out.

Oh, thanks for the quick reply.

I tried downloading the pep file but filefront says it is not there and gives me an error.

I hope you get well soon, I just had a bad fever a couple weeks ago and my bro had something last week too.

EDIT: Ok filefront is working now.

Double EDIT: I see the changes you made, the chin looks a bit better and some other small details around the bottom. I will probably go ahead and start working on your first version since it is already unfolded, Ill keep in mind the new changes once I get to the rondo/sanding stage.

I found a really good alternative to fiberglass resin on the outside of the pep; Kwik-Poly. My dad had some and it literally turns the cardstock into a "paper-reinforced" polymer and is strong, flexible, sandable, and didn't warp at all...but it was on a small test piece.

@Blaylock:

Thanks for clearing that up Ruze. Do you know if the GUNGNIR has been modeled yet? Like I said earlier, I've been all through this thread and the search bar but have turned up nothing...

@Blaylock:
If you unfold just the parts that were changed in the new model, you can actually use the new parts on the old unfold. That's what I did for my build - just set the scale the same, and unfold the new parts in the exact same way as the old ones were. Then you just ignore the numbers, use the new bits.

@lordzoabar:
I'm pretty certain there's no GUNGNIR knees modeled yet, I haven't seen any.

yup! but, i didnt use those parts on my helmet build, i used some small plastic vacuum vents, the vents in the EOD helm file are not straight at the ends, the are made to lock into the EOD helmet, if you guys want i CAN make you some gungnir vents! Just ask :D

If you can and have the time, go for it. :)

Thanks for clearing that up Ruze. Do you know if the GUNGNIR has been modeled yet? Like I said earlier, I've been all through this thread and the search bar but have turned up nothing...

ok i see now, i thought that the default was no knee armor, but now that i actually looked on the game they are different. my mistake

@Blaylock:
If you unfold just the parts that were changed in the new model, you can actually use the new parts on the old unfold. That's what I did for my build - just set the scale the same, and unfold the new parts in the exact same way as the old ones were. Then you just ignore the numbers, use the new bits.

@lordzoabar:

Thats a shame, I was wanting to use them for my build. If I knew how to modal I would tackle them myself, but as it is I'm just now learning how to unfold. :/

ok i see now, i thought that the default was no knee armor, but now that i actually looked on the game they are different. my mistake

It's all good. No harm-No foul. :) I do agree that they look similar. Plus a lot of the shin files I've seen are kneeless (is that even a word?)

I guess kneeless wouldn't be a word... but it gets the point across nonetheless. IroniumCostuming, it would be awesome if you could make the GUNGNIR vents! :) But, I think it would be proper to put in a formal request in the 3d Model request section instead of begging you from here xD I would make the vents myself, but I just started learning the software, soooo, i'm not going to be doing that anytime soon xD By the by, I can't find any grenadier knee's, can anyone point me in the right direction?

@Blaylock:

@lordzoabar:

I don't know how to unfold stuff. What scale did you use for your head? I am having trouble sizing it for my head correctly.

hey guys i had to get my laptop reconfigured and i lost all my files but i got most of them back, all i need is the mrk v (A) and the shotgun, both unfolded though, would any of you would be so kind as to give me the download links to them?

anyone know what to make of the odd looking helm you find on one of the dead spartans on lone wolf... the one that looks like it would best suit a sniper...? any info helps.

anyone know what to make of the odd looking helm you find on one of the dead spartans on lone wolf... the one that looks like it would best suit a sniper...? any info helps.

You mean the GUNGNIR helm? the one with full face shield and a tiny peep-hole of a visor?

hey guys i had to get my laptop reconfigured and i lost all my files but i got most of them back, all i need is the mrk v (A) and the shotgun, both unfolded though, would any of you would be so kind as to give me the download links to them?
Those are all hiding using the active camo armor ability in either the first few posts on the first page, or in the 3d modeling section.

gakkengod said:
I think that the spartans on lone wolf spawn with random armor each time you play, so it's kind of hard to say. However, you could possibly be talking about Jun's helmet, the recon helmet, or the GUNGNIR helmet. There might be other sniper-looking helmets, but I'm not sure. Your best bet would to be to look at the helmets on the first page or to just look up "all halo reach helmets" on google. Try and research before you ask :)

lordzoabar thanks for the info. i was asking if anyone started on it?

and as for hellpheonix36's remark. i know people knew what helm i was talking about the other helms you suggested are pretty normal as far as halo goes... thanks:rolleyes emotions are kewl.

Heh? Which remark? If you meant my last remark, I personally have absolutely no idea which helmet you could possibly be talking about. There are 21 helmets, and each of those 21 helmets has attachments for them. Did the helmet have a wide visor, or a thin visor? Your idea for a helmet suitable for a sniper could mean anything. Opinions differ. I might think the EVA would be better for snipping since it provides me with large peripheral vision, while you might think a small visor would suffice for a sniper as it allows him to concentrate on a smaller area.(just in case you haven't caught on, I'm playing devils advocate, not being a wiener.) My point is that you can't just say wierd looking helmet found on lonewolf. If you had just looked at a list of helmets with pictures, you would have found your answer in about 2 minutes worth of effort. Or, you could have described the helmet better than have just saying
gakkengod said:
the odd looking helm you find on one of the dead spartans on lone wolf.
Saying "The odd looking helmet that has no visor, found on a dead spartan on lonewolf" would have cut the possible helmets down from 21 to 1. Remember, your opinion of whats odd and another person's opinion won't coincide 100% of the time. Take me, for instance. I think the CQC helmet is kinda strange. My cousin thinks the EOD (or stormtrooper helmet) is pretty darn weird. That's the end of my rant :) (note: NOTE: NOTE: This was not intended to be mean, or ill-tempered, but rather me playing devils advocate to show that details trump opinions when it comes to searching for an object who's name you don't know. Worst thing about internet: you can't hear my tone of voice on a forum :/)

Anyways, now that I got that out of my system, I'll answer your question. The GUNGNIR helmet has been done. You can find the pep file in the 3d modeling section of the forum, and it's done by Xhimpie (did I spell it right?) and unfolded by nintendude. Hopefully Ruse will be able to move it here soon, as it's kinda been requested a lot. Theres another one (i think) but I'm not sure who made it. However, i recommend that you look into it a bit, specifically the threads in the creation forum regarding the GUNGNIR, as there are multitudes of ideas on how to see through the helmet, instead of having a large paperweight. Happy huntings :)

Not out yet, and this is not a request thread! This is the second person on this thread that does this, as far as i know. STOP ASKING! Its still in progess, so just wait for it, patience is a crucial element in this hobby in general. You don't have patencie you won't do to well. ;)

Not out yet, and this is not a request thread! This is the second person on this thread that does this, as far as i know. STOP ASKING! Its still in progess, so just wait for it, patience is a crucial element in this hobby in general. You don't have patencie you won't do to well. ;)

Especially if you don't have the full version of pepakura so you can unfold and save stuff for yourself(but still giving the appropriate credit to the modelers). But i plan on fixing that problem soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back