The Water Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

23Magnum

The movie "The Water Horse" looked very familiar when I saw the preview for it a couple weeks back. I knew I grew up reading a children's book with a very similar story. Some of the older members here may know what I'm talking about, but I wanted to see if anyone had the same reaction I did.

The actually creature doesn't really look the same exactly, but the story is pretty close as far as I can see.

014054870X.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif
waterhorse-poster-0.jpg

So what do you thing?

-Magnum

*shrugs i never herd of it

but it was a similar thing with the book Beowulf and the 13th warrior BUT he swore he never used it as a ref.

Its based off a book The Water Horse which was awful and had no plot watsoever and is as plain and simple as the preview u saw ... the find it grow in in their house then release it ... and crud happens ... awful book total waste of time in my opinion

I dont remember who its by and for some reason i cant find it anymore cuz of the stupid movie but i really do remember reading it ....

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Its based off a book The Water Horse which was awful and had no plot watsoever and is as plain and simple as the preview u saw ... the find it grow in in their house then release it ... and crud happens ... awful book total waste of time in my opinion

I dont remember who its by and for some reason i cant find it anymore cuz of the stupid movie but i really do remember reading it ....

I know the movie is based off the book "The Water Horse". I was just saying it's 'funny' how close the two stories are.

@redragon

yeah, the 13th warrior was a total rip from Beowulf. I believe even some of the same names were used, but I didn't know that he denied using Beowulf as a reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
It reminds me of this anime movie titled "Coo: It Came From The Deep Sea", which came out in 1993.

redragon74 said:
but it was a similar thing with the book Beowulf and the 13th warrior BUT he swore he never used it as a ref.
I'm not sure if Michael "Jurassic Park" Crichton denied using Beowulf as a reference but the book that he wrote, "Eaters of the Dead", which became the basis of the movie "The 13th Warrior", was described as a "deconstruction" of the Beowulf lore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back