Timecon's Ironman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
note: please dont hijack my thread with other pics or vids of your progress or of TMP's of lee's ironman, if its out there chances are I already know about it. if you want to share details of an ironman suit you can pm me your thread or send me pics via pm or email to tim405th@yahoo.com, not trying to make anyone mad its just a pet peeve of mine.

but other wise feel free to make suggestions or comments

Thanks

[/quote]

What about Heavy Artillery Iron Man. I want love too lol.

That is off the hook man. I love how its coming out. You are skilled at the art of bondo my friend. Keep it up I must see more.

Black Tony Starks said:
note: please dont hijack my thread with other pics or vids of your progress or of TMP's of lee's ironman, if its out there chances are I already know about it. if you want to share details of an ironman suit you can pm me your thread or send me pics via pm or email to tim405th@yahoo.com, not trying to make anyone mad its just a pet peeve of mine.

but other wise feel free to make suggestions or comments

Thanks

What about Heavy Artillery Iron Man. I want love too lol.

That is off the hook man. I love how its coming out. You are skilled at the art of bondo my friend. Keep it up I must see more.

[/quote]

I'm so sorry mr. Black Tony stark I do Also know about your amazing build and talent!

Last edited by a moderator:
update:

a lot of you may have seen this video already but it needed to be added

and the pics

this is of the arc reactor I showed in the vid

7047bb20.jpg

I finished peping dungbeetles ironman helmet, 28cm is just a little too big I'm

going to try 26.5 this next go around

3f031bde.jpg

afcbb381.jpg

b6c20df0.jpg

Hey Timecon! Any updates on the arc reactor?? Im curious to see your finished one. So are you going for the warmachine suit or one of the MK's?? Also I was curious if your going to be at Anime Banzai again this coming year. If so We should team up and go as Iron Man and War Machine pair. Im planning on building one of each suit....so I could be flexible on who I was :pGreat build so far! I love the attention to detail!! Keep it up and keep us posted man!

-Loki

I was wondering which pep iron man helmet your using, i have a few Ive collected but the one your using look different, and not to mention way better

Zacic said:
I was wondering which pep iron man helmet your using, i have a few Ive collected but the one your using look different, and not to mention way better

Im pretty sure its Dungbeetles Helmet.

-Loki

Loki is right it is Dungbeetles Helmet, supermanextreme1 emailed it to me one night and I got started on it right away.

and loki I'm not sure which one I really want to do yet but that would be cool for banzai.

update: it is very cold outside and hampering any progress as far as bondo work so Id thought Id give clay a try since no resporator is needed and I could easily do this indoors, also Ive been trying to get it as smooth as possible with the feathering tool but I think it couuld be better so any suggestion are welcome. anyways enjoy

EDIT: 26.5cm or 265mm worked perfect as far as advice on peping this helmet I would go slow on the face plate and top of the head as the numbers dont always line up exactly but you'll figure it out real quick if you have to make a second one like I did.

0ff3dc49.jpg

4c35799b.jpg

1a98fc5d.jpg

What clay is that Tim? Oil based or some sort of air drying? If it's air drying you can always work it once it's started to set to clean up edges?

It's looking very good in those pics either way. Nicely done as usual! ;)

Skupilkinson said:
What clay is that Tim? Oil based or some sort of air drying? If it's air drying you can always work it once it's started to set to clean up edges?

It's looking very good in those pics either way. Nicely done as usual! ;)

it's oil base Van Aken clay yeah it won't really ever harden

Did you just put the clay right on the card stock?? Any reinforcing?? Liking the progress!! looking so good man. Watching this one closely.

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
Did you just put the clay right on the card stock?? Any reinforcing?? Liking the progress!! looking so good man. Watching this one closely.

-Loki

I only had about 5 oz of smoothcast 320 left so yes it had a little reinforcing I wish it had more but it's somewhat working. If you ever get back down to Utah county feel free to swing by

timecon said:
I only had about 5 oz of smoothcast 320 left so yes it had a little reinforcing I wish it had more but it's somewhat working. If you ever get back down to Utah county feel free to swing by

Ill have to stop by and check it out eventually!! haha. When I get more done on my War Machine Ill bring some stuff by and we can compare. Looking good man!

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back