[Tutorial] How to make/view/export your own Halo Spartans in Blender

Does someone know if an Halo ODST weapon pack exist? Or an Halo 3 with the SOCOM and the sileced SMG. Also, I'm searching for a Halo CE anniversary Chief model and an updated MCC's Halo 2 Anniversary pack (with Orion armor and the new attachments)

If you use File > Append you can actually combine stuff from multiple .blend files into one!
Is it possible to add items on a pre-existing Rig? For example, if I want to add an helmet from a different pack inside the Surasia's Infinite armor pack, how can I add it on the rig already existing in the project?

Second question. If i have a blender project with an armor modelled in one piece (helmet, shoulder, chest etc as a single piece and not modular), is there a way to cut a single armor piece and use it elsewhere/ replace it?

Last (I swear it LOL) question. I've used the last surasia pack to create a few character and I want to convert them in the upadated pack. How can I transfer them? Can I, at least, transfer only the old rig in the new project to keep the spartan position?

Sorry, but as you may understand, i'm quite a noob on blender :lol:

Last edited:
Is it possible to add items on a pre-existing Rig? For example, if I want to add an helmet from a different pack inside the Surasia's Infinite armor pack, how can I add it on the rig already existing in the project?

Second question. If i have a blender project with an armor modelled in one piece (helmet, shoulder, chest etc as a single piece and not modular), is there a way to cut a single armor piece and use it elsewhere/ replace it?

Last (I swear it LOL) question. I've used the last surasia pack to create a few character and I want to convert them in the upadated pack. How can I transfer them? Can I, at least, transfer only the old rig in the new project to keep the spartan position?

Most of those questions can probably be answered with append/link! At the top you can go File -> Link or Append. Link means the changes you make in the file the object comes from will update to the secondary file, while Append imports the object without any such connections. As for the first question, once you link/append it, move it into place over the rig where you want it, and you should be able to parent it to one of the head bones (I haven't done too many animations so I'm not sure about the exact process, but I think it'd be in the Constraints tab).

1: yes you can actually! You can parent objects to whatever bone you want to so look up "parenting objects to rig blender" on YouTube that way you can attach any armor to any other rig you have

2: and you should be able to do that for the most part by selecting the Spartan and doing Mesh > Separate> By loose parts (or try By Material) and things will become separate objects!

3: I don't think so I'm afraid, but it's always good practice once you start over

1: yes you can actually! You can parent objects to whatever bone you want to so look up "parenting objects to rig blender" on YouTube that way you can attach any armor to any other rig you have

2: and you should be able to do that for the most part by selecting the Spartan and doing Mesh > Separate> By loose parts (or try By Material) and things will become separate objects!

3: I don't think so I'm afraid, but it's always good practice once you start over
Ok, I was able to add an item from another project in the Spartan Pack using your method. Problem is, I cannot edit the colors of the item: it still mantains the coloring which it has in the previous project, but if I go to shading, there are no available coloring option to change it. How can I see them?

Last edited:
Ok, I was able to add an item from another project in the Spartan Pack using your method. Problem is, I cannot edit the colors of the item: it still mantains the coloring which it has in the previous project, but if I go to shading, there are no available coloring option to change it. How can I see them?
You need to make sure you are selecting the model and if you go to the shading tab it should be like normal :)

Ok... so forgive me if this sounds dumb... totally uber noob when it comes to making armour. Running a mac so design software hard to find, got blender working, but I can't seem to find a blender file for the achilles armour from Halo 5. I found the file packs listed below the tutorial, and went with those, but blender can't seem to open them... am I doing something wrong? Am I skipping a step? Downloaded the Halo 4 armours, and those work fine, just not the Halo 5 ones...

Ok... so forgive me if this sounds dumb... totally uber noob when it comes to making armour. Running a mac so design software hard to find, got blender working, but I can't seem to find a blender file for the achilles armour from Halo 5. I found the file packs listed below the tutorial, and went with those, but blender can't seem to open them... am I doing something wrong? Am I skipping a step? Downloaded the Halo 4 armours, and those work fine, just not the Halo 5 ones...
What isn't working for them? They should be in .blend format :) if it is .rar or .zip then it needs to be extracted before you use the files by using WinRAR or 7Zip which are both free :)

What isn't working for them? They should be in .blend format :) if it is .rar or .zip then it needs to be extracted before you use the files by using WinRAR or 7Zip which are both free :)
They're in... I think tpg??? tpa something like that... I can open them in my image viewer program... but blender doesn't like them. I deleted them (can redownload them easy enough) cause they weren't working...

They're in... I think tpg??? tpa something like that... I can open them in my image viewer program... but blender doesn't like them. I deleted them (can redownload them easy enough) cause they weren't working...
Ah those are tga textures and are only images :) if you scroll way down on the Halo 5 list you'll find the actual .blend files at the bottom :) what you have are the textures for the armor!

Ah those are tga textures and are only images :) if you scroll way down on the Halo 5 list you'll find the actual .blend files at the bottom :) what you have are the textures for the armor!
Thought I grabbed everything... but apparently not... time to try again...

Does anyone know that link is no longer valid and requires a new link for halo archive?
I was able to join the Halo Archive Discord with the link in the OP just now. I had to agree to the serve rules and can't post for 10 minutes, but was able to join with this link on Mobile:

This is what it just told me when I tried to join

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230727-141336_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727-141336_Discord.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 80

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back