Uk To Canada Customs Rules Shipping Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have been making some smgs and as they are nearing finishing stages i want to know about how to ship to canada, i have heard that if you send guns then they track them down etc and you could face criminal offences.

but i know not everywhere is the same.

basically at the moment i have a 1 to 1 scale smg from halo 3 that will be sent to canada. i plan on making a small wall plaque and fake chief hand to hold the gun as if it were a display piece. if these were included along with data about it including materials, game images, and the like would it pass through fine. i dont want to kake them all by hand and then have them destroyed by customs, i can send them out by calling them video game props.

please can someone help, thanks

picture is there for reference, this was taken about a week ago and now it looks more like the real one

Shadow, dude... that is a freakin' awesome SMG you've got in the works there! Great amount of detail, and the size looks good, too. Thanks for sharing a few pics with us.

To answer your question (I've both mailed and received prop items across the Canada/US border and across the "pond" many times), pretty much all you have to do in order to ensure they get past Customs is to indicate them as "TV/film Prop Kit" and "Resin; non-working".

The people that have sent me kits in the past always noted them as such on the little Customs form that accompanies the package, and I never had a problem in receiving them. Didn't even really get held up at the border for long.

Of course, if you also included the other things you mentioned, that would probably help. So, you should be fine ;)

thanks for that, i will keep building it up and posting here. as it gets more realistic i may need to think of a better excuse other that prop, maybe potential serial killer gun prop. thanks anyway. hope you like

Shadows0fIntent said:
thanks for that, i will keep building it up and posting here. as it gets more realistic i may need to think of a better excuse other that prop, maybe potential serial killer gun prop. thanks anyway. hope you like

Seriously, just stick to describing it as a "TV/film Prop Kit" and "Resin (or whatever material you're using); non-working" on the Customs form. If they really feel the need to open it up and inspect it -- which they sometimes do -- aside from the other things you've thrown in there they'll clearly see it's a solid, non-working piece. You won't have a problem with it, then.

And btw, I definately like. Looking forward to seeing further progress with this! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i have emailed the canada customs department so they can clarify what my items would legally come under. either way they will get their even if i have to send it my self, always wanted to go to canada

Shadows0fIntent said:
i have emailed the canada customs department so they can clarify what my items would legally come under. either way they will get their even if i have to send it my self, always wanted to go to canada

Well, there you go then:lol:

this is what i wrote in the message, it covers everything possible...

i am wanting to export a video game prop gun to Canada from the UK to add to the collection of a friend.

it is made of foam board, resin and plastic and features no moving parts or any parts that can be modified to create a working gun. the gun has been painted in the style of the in game varient and so could be classed as a realistic looking weapon, however i have not seen any real military issue guns that look this way.

the gun comes with 2 mounts, 1 a simple wall plaque which the gun rests on and a second mount which is in the shape of a hand holding it up to the air. both of these are also made from the same materials.

i would be lableing the item as video game props as both the gun and the hand feature in the game. i will also be including photos of the items in question in progression and finished so that the items can be matched up for identifying.

can you please confirm if this is ok to ship or not as i do not want this to be confiscated or destroyed by customs at the boarder. or if there is anything i can do that would help it to pass through customs such as identification or sender and receiver etc.

if this is ok to send is it possible to get a reply or a message which confirms that it is ok to enter the country which i can then add to the packaging when sent.

attached is a few pictures of the prop at a stage a week ago and see how it is made from foam and card etc.

thankyou for your time and i look forward to your reply.

so thats the message, i also attached a picture of the in game gun being held by the chief. hopefully it all works so fingers crossed

Shadows0fIntent said:
this is what i wrote in the message, it covers everything possible...

[...]

so thats the message, i also attached a picture of the in game gun being held by the chief. hopefully it all works so fingers crossed

Wow, dude... that was very well written. I can't think of anything you may have missed in mentioning. I don't think there's any chance of them misunderstanding that, so it should be a pretty straight-forward affair. Hope you got a prompt reply back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back