Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im selling A ghillie soon. Its not as good as the CF specs one, but its good and works great. Id be willing to trade it for a pair of British issue DPM BDU's if anyone is interested. (Not trying to sell on these forums, just a heads up, thats all).

I may be selling the VSR-10. Im getting an TM M-16 and am going to mod it into a C7A2.

Fun little update on my airsofting days...um yah I was in the ol basement with my rifle, which is supposed to be crappy since its clear. anyway I see my dog in the window sleeping..I decide to shot the window to alarm the dog...my 350 Fps rifle sends a bb right at the dog...then all I heard was a nice crunch...our house is about 2 years old...parents still dont know....any Idea how much a new window costs?....anyway If I dont show up for a while....youll know why :S

Hahahha, nice job. and it could be around 150 or more. Of course you can always try to do it yourself, get the glass, get some caulk.

Master_Chief_13 said:
Fun little update on my airsofting days...um yah I was in the ol basement with my rifle, which is supposed to be crappy since its clear. anyway I see my dog in the window sleeping..I decide to shot the window to alarm the dog...my 350 Fps rifle sends a bb right at the dog...then all I heard was a nice crunch...our house is about 2 years old...parents still dont know....any Idea how much a new window costs?....anyway If I dont show up for a while....youll know why :S
That doesn't sound good. All things i break or screw up are now all placed out of the way :D
I went airsofting on saturday at my friend's house. He was using his UTG L96 and I was using my UTG pistol grip shotgun. It had just rained the day before, so there were puddles all around. We were both hiding behind trees, but somehow he was able to skip the BB off the water and hit me. It was a painful round, but I ended up winning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump from the grave! Hey its my own topic :p.

If there is anyone in the Midwest that airsofts. Codename Thunder is one of the largest events in the Midwest and its August 8-9th. You all should go, it will be a blast.

And so it doesn't seem like super pointless, I'll post my latest acquisition; conversion of my m4 to an m16. Now all of my guns are officially long/big rifles (Minus my glock of course)

Heres my guns (m14 looks smallish but it has a larger barrel not shown.

P6240002.jpg

And heres the same picture, just a little higher so you can see the other guns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/SpartanX/P6240004.jpg

And heres my new glock addition, the laser light, alongside my new (well, I bought it used) MSA MICH 2000 (real steel)

P6240006.jpg

Same picture, different angle with short magazine in Glock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/SpartanX/P6240008.jpg

And here is a picture of my loadout for the last event, which was Vietnam themed. I still need a picture of my current loadout.

nam2.jpg

Eh just bought my first airsoft from velocityarms.ca

It's a Aftermath Kraken, I believe it's the same as Lizander's.

194$ (incl taxes) + 8$ for Xpress shipping.

I hope they have it in stock soon, can't wait to receive it :D

Sadly, most places here won't accept under 18 to play. Gotta wait a year.

Reaally nice outfit 117x ;) Always been a fan of the M14

I'm loving that G36! I am actually planning on buying one of every variation of the G36 from airsoft gi when I get the windfall of money I am expecting. I believe there are around 4 or 5, I cant think right now.

Here in Western NY there is a juggernaut league that has a lot of large battles. Its very organized and has some very serious players in it.

Oh and that angle that the pic of yourself was taken at gives you an interesting Afrika Korps German kinda look, at least to me. :p

Hey 117, is that a Kart EBR? I've got the Kart JAE-100; awesome gun!

I primarily use an AUG, though, not an M14 (AUGs are the greatest assault rifles on the planet right now).

Here's my loadout:

1001195ba2.jpg

1001197we9.jpg

Pardon the tac-vest, I'll be getting a maritime CIRAS in the next month or two. I've also considered making an ODST loadout using motorcross armor and baseball shinguards.

I attend fields in the Northeast; I was crushed when TOLCOM closed.

Awesome thread!

Needs to be more midwest airsofters :p

But glad the revival of this thread brought out some more airsofters.

And mines the Marui m14 with a TGS EBR kit (aka too darn expensive for everything, but it is quite lovely and great quality) And the maritime CIRAS is the one I wanted :( It's so good looking. I assume you're getting a clone, as no one wants to spend 400$ on a vest (well, for the vest alone, accumulative, I'm one of them >_>) but which brand? And post some pics when you do, I want to see it. I've got an Eagle Industries Plate carrier (basically the mini Ciras, and well, plate carrier) Explain TOLCOM to me, it sounds like it must have been epic?

SpartanPhalanx, do you know which one you want? Heres the major variations.

-G36C (g36 with short barrel, short handguard, front rails, and the C-rail (which is good for any g36 if you can get a spare one)

-G36K (g36 middle length barrel, I'd recommend this the most because its great for both cqb and woodland)

-G36E (g36 with longest barrel)

-Sl8 (the one I have, the sniper-esque one (the SL9 is almost similar, the major difference in airsoft you'll notice is the longer top rail which IMO is ugly)

-MG36 (g36 with bipod, long barrel, and drum mag; looked down upon in airsoft if the game has magazine restrictions due to it not being too popular as a real support gun)

Last spartan, are you in Canada? how hard is it to import there?

Spartan117x said:
Needs to be more midwest airsofters :p

But glad the revival of this thread brought out some more airsofters.

And mines the Marui m14 with a TGS EBR kit (aka too darn expensive for everything, but it is quite lovely and great quality) And the maritime CIRAS is the one I wanted :( It's so good looking. I assume you're getting a clone, as no one wants to spend 400$ on a vest (well, for the vest alone, accumulative, I'm one of them >_>) but which brand? And post some pics when you do, I want to see it. I've got an Eagle Industries Plate carrier (basically the mini Ciras, and well, plate carrier) Explain TOLCOM to me, it sounds like it must have been epic?

The TGS kit is definitely better than the KART; it looks great! Oh, and I'm guessing you loadout is supposed to be early Vietnam. Is that right?

I'm planning to get this vest:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/cirs-full-quality-version-p-1884.html

I'm ordering in the next week or so, and shipping should be about 3 weeks from china. My next big OP isn't until August, though, so it should be here in time.

Here is the now defunct TOLCOM website:

http://www.tolcom.org

It was far and away the best MILSIM field in the area. It was shut down because there was a minor fire started by somebody's cigarette butt. The town looked into the incident and decided that the activities being done on the land (airsoft) were illegal. Everyone around here is a little ticked about that.

Psh airsoft isn't illegal!

And the WWII/Nam loadout was only for an event, and I just scrapped together some parts that I happened to have in my basement.

My real loadout issss

"My camo ranges and so does my gun so I'll just stick to one.

Desert Marpat

Eagle Industries Plate Carrier withhhh 3x mag pouch 3x double 5.56 pouches all purpose pouch.

Eagle Industries belt and comfybeltaddythingyforsupport with maxpedition dumppouch and Blackhawk Serpa holster. (All pouches are tactical tailor, I need to get some more though)

Bijan Knee and elbow pads

Magnum Boots

Hatch Sog15 CQB Gloves

MSA Mich 2000

ACU Camelback (I need to get a carrier for it)

Cobra radio

(Soon to be- Throat mic, and radio pouch and maybe neoprene halfmask)

random goggles/sometimespaintballmask/random fullfacemask

Gun if it was working, the springs too strong for my batteries.

Classic Army m4/m16 (I have so many parts it can be whatever I want it to be, but the internals are systema shell with mostly G&G FTK)

And then my lovely KWA Glock 19 with upgrades. "

I'll take pictures someday.

Actually I am planning on getting one of each! I am a huge fan of the gun. Its the E that I couldn't remember when I posted earlier. I want to use the different types to outfit a squad, it provides a uniform look, while also performing several different functions. If I cannot get one of each right away I will probably start with the E, as I like longer rifles.

Other than that I will have to get an M-14 at some point, as well as the AGM MP-40 for a French Indochina/other '50s jungle fighter inspired look. Can you say slouch hats? :lol

I will probably end up looking for a real steel as well. I already have the AR-15 and AK-47 real steel and I want either a semi-auto G36 or a SCAR. But then it costs to much $$$

The MICH helmet is nice but I am still partial to the looks of the PASGT that preceded it. Of course you cant beat the Boonie either.... or a Tac Cap.... oh the dilemma of picking your loadout! I already have way more jackets and shirts than I will ever use, and there are still so many others I want to get... I need that set of multicam to match my favorite Boonie! :p

My closet is filled with bdus that I won't ever use but hope to. Although I wear all of the pants, the tops collect dust, well some of them.

But heres a better idea than getting one of each; just get conversion kits for it. Since the only thing different is the barrels and handguards + g36 C rail. It will save you a lot of money. I'd suggest getting the G36E and getting the K barrel and inner barrel, as well as getting the C handguard, rails, C rail, and inner and outer barrel. That will save you lots and lots. (and the E would be the best to start off with as the Crail is a lot cheaper than the scoped one, and the smaller barrels and handguards are cheaper than the larger ones. Hope that helps a bit.

And the real steel sl8 is 2500 :D theres one at my local store. I want :( I have a replica PASGT, aka a cheap 20 dollar one, I thought it was too big for me and wasn't fully a fan of it. The MICH is just much better and fits my future swat loadout a lot better. (Even though some SWAT teams still use PASGTs) And multicam is delicious.

2500 is fairly doable considering the AR was like 1500. Although I would wait for the price inflation on firearms to reverse.

The different parts is a good idea, it depends on whether I will want to outfit some friends as well. If that's the case then I will need something like 2 K's an MG and an Sl8 to fulfill the basic needs of a fire team or what have you.

A bunch of guys in the local league take pride in owning ridiculous weapons that they can use on special occasions. Usually these are either weird guns of weird paint jobs. One guy uses a revolver with a giant barrel while another owns a pink G36K that was bedazzled. I'm thinking of getting the WE medium or long barrel chromed Luger. Is that ridiculous enough? lol It wouldn't be the everyday pistol, just the ridiculous backup for fun skirmishes and other battles where camo isn't vital.

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
2500 is fairly doable considering the AR was like 1500. Although I would wait for the price inflation on firearms to reverse.

The different parts is a good idea, it depends on whether I will want to outfit some friends as well. If that's the case then I will need something like 2 K's an MG and an Sl8 to fulfill the basic needs of a fire team or what have you.

A bunch of guys in the local league take pride in owning ridiculous weapons that they can use on special occasions. Usually these are either weird guns of weird paint jobs. One guy uses a revolver with a giant barrel while another owns a pink G36K that was bedazzled. I'm thinking of getting the WE medium or long barrel chromed Luger. Is that ridiculous enough? lol It wouldn't be the everyday pistol, just the ridiculous backup for fun skirmishes and other battles where camo isn't vital.

By the price of the AR, my guess is....Colt. Next guess is LMT. My next airsoft pistol will be the Marui M1911, not fully a fan of the Luger :pbut hey its all personal choice.

Im a midwest airsofter, but only low key. i cant afford to travel and do events and such. I just have an M4 variant and 2 GBB pistols(glock and M9)

Heres just a quick picture of my loadout. I'll get some better shots and of the full thing later on. I'm missing some key parts there.

4864_227084045159_829375159_7566749_1530742_n.jpg

Spartan117x said:
Last spartan, are you in Canada? how hard is it to import there?

Yeah I'm Canadian. We can't import at all. We need to buy from companies with Business firearm licenses. And they are not stupid, they are charging almost 2x the normal price Eh.

I was checking this yesterday, my Kraken, which is one of the cheapest good AEG clone. Was 200$ here, and about 120$ a few klicks to the south.

The STAR JG Dragon, ugliest gun, is 300$ here. 180$ down in the south.

Most really end gun, like TM, are above 500$.

Oh and the laws in the US and in Canada are different. We don't need an orange tip here, we need a damn CLEAR body to purchase....

Most TM are "illegal to purchase here". Since they don't have clear bodies. But everyone paints his and there are no law enforcement on this.

And if we import from the outside, the border custom destroys the gun, either it's a 80 bucks pistol or a 800 TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back