Props Unfolded Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

Well I tried... Since I haven't seen an unfold for Nugget's BR I tried to unfold it... :\

http://rapidshare.com/files/130920211/Batt...folded.pdo.html

unfoldedbrmy4.jpg

Thanks for the unfold!
I'm going to build it!!!

P.S. I didn't build it... it turned out the paper I was using normal A4 paper....:(

Nugget made a BR? Wonder how I missed that...

Nice unfold. Might use this when I get around to doing weapons.

unfortunately you cant split those parts... because there are no actual breaks/folds there... you can try and split it yourself but i looking really quick and there is no spot to split it..
go to 2dpatternwindow-edit mode-join-disjoin face. you can try yourself, but there is no place to do it... good luck.

Ahhh *sigh* ran into this same prob with my shotgun which is in progress (NOONE MAKE A SHOTGUN I DID NOT GIVE YOU ANY IDEAS) but I just cut the peices out and made tabs for them manually

you cant do it on pep since there no polys to slip up but im sure nugget can split up the barrel into multiple pieces.

Spartan 051 said:
you cant do it on pep since there no polys to slip up...
Actually you can, in a manner of speaking. There's a feature within Edit Model called Divide Edge that allows you to do just that. I've used this feature before successfully but for this BR, the area that needs to be cut has so many lines inside it and Designer can only zoom in so much that it's impossible to tell the lines apart. Trust me, I tried! :cry:

Spartan 051 said:
...but im sure nugget can split up the barrel into multiple pieces.
I brought this up in his original weapons thread and he said he said he'll look into it. IMO, this is not crucial so I'm not going to ask him again about this. He's got a full plate right now. He'll get around to it when gets a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I figured that I could match them back up after they were printed, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it.

Its too bad we don't have any non-pep paper model designers here. I've been building paper models for years and find pep to be really limiting. This split is a great example, as well as curves, its a lot easier to create curves by just curving a sheet of paper to the correct form over a "bulkhead" to give you the right shape than it is to fold and bondo into a curve. In fact look at these: www.fiddlersgreen.net they show another method for paper model designing.
I tried making my own tabs with the H2 Sniper, but it still didnt line up right. I dont know why but it just did not want to work. (Yes I fiddled with the printer settings too :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back