VI Chest questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

babydrop

I had a few questions about the support pieces for flying squirrel's HD VI chest. Is there a way to print them on to one piece of paper. I think I scaled it right. I followed the Scaling thread by extreme TACTICS and from arm pit to arm pit was 22 inches converted to mm its 558. Due to this the supports wont fit on a page what should i do? any ideas?

No they wont fit onto a single sheet. Best to print, cut out and glue together, you can re-inforce/strengthen the join by gluing extra card or sticks (think lolly/popsickle stick).

awesome thank you for your help i just printed the head hole to make sure it fits

Erm, unless you have a small head, it wont fit because it is designed to be cut in half (front/back). I cant get my big melon through mine yet but have to cut it apart soon.

you can only disjoin at a fold line, no good for the support struts.

Best to print, cut out and glue together, you can re-inforce/strengthen the join by gluing extra card or sticks (think lolly/popsickle stick)

I mean I printed all the pieces for the whole that my dome goes through. On the third attempt it fit :D

Like active84u said, your head might not fit through the hole. Best way to scale the chest is to measure your chest from armpit to armpit. Its a fool proof method that works every time. you can add an inch or two for extra space.

I had a few questions about the support pieces for flying squirrel's HD VI chest. Is there a way to print them on to one piece of paper.
As active84u already said, the struts cannot be broken down into smaller pieces. That's just the way the model was made.

I think I scaled it right. I followed the Scaling thread by extreme TACTICS and from arm pit to arm pit was 22 inches converted to mm its 558. Due to this the supports wont fit on a page what should i do? any ideas?
If the distance between your armpits is 558mm, then you should get 639mm for the assembled height for your chest piece. That's one pretty big armor piece. :eek

Usually when you build the MKVI chest your head will not fit through the neck hole even when scaled correctly most have to cut the chest in to to fit their head through, and like Ral said your building a really big chest, but of course I don't know your body size either so you may be spot on

Ok now I feel really stupid, I remeasured its 16" and I should add 2 inches for the padding and fiberglass right? Forgive my stupidity I am a complete noob, this is my first project

Ok now I feel really stupid, I remeasured its 16" and I should add 2 inches for the padding and fiberglass right? Forgive my stupidity I am a complete noob, this is my first project

Your the same height as me, I weigh 10+ pounds more than you and I have my chest scaled at a Height of 455mm this is the height not the width and mine fits me perfect, so Im guessing your in that range to. don't feel stupid its better to ask questions than going through all this with no clue, and most people end up building parts 2 or 3 times over just getting the scaling part down good luck

Assuming that you have measured your armpit distance according to the diagram I mentioned earlier, I recommend that you use 466mm as the assembled height for your chest piece. Keep in mind that your head will not be able to go through the collar part and you may have to trim the opening near the lower ribs.

Note: Simply adding 2" to the armpit distance to get the assembled height turns out to be a bit too small for your frame.

Quick update. I finished part of the chest and I forgot what number I used for the chest :( So now its a guess and check to print the rest of the pieces. Any ideas to prevent this from happening again? other than the obvious WRITE DOWN THE NUMBER?

Well if you have pep designer and you've payed the $38 for an activation number you can save what ever changes you make...with out the code though you can't save so you have to write everything down as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back