Video screen in helmet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE128

ok, this is easier than it sounds i hope. what i want is a screen in side the visor of my master chief helmet and a camera on the helmet. so basically i want the screen to show what the camera sees. i want to edit it and make like robot or spartan vision. with a hud and stuff. please help!

It sounds like a cool idea, but you need experience in embedded electronics. The problem I see with this, is that you probably won't be able to focus on a screen that close to your eyes. Try holding your cell phone to your face about as far away as it would be mounted to the helmet, if you can focus on that, then maybe it's worth a shot.

I saw on someone's armor they put one of those pinhole cameras into the chest armor at the top then they had a wire running up to a 3" LCD screen in thier helmet, you could probably look into doing something like that. Your best chance I would talk to either thatdecade on here he knows quite a bit about electronics or go talk to your local radioshack.

Try a looking in a Spy magazine. They always have crazy stuff in there like this. I also remember seeing a TV ad a few years ago that had a tiny screen in front of one eye that let you browse the internet by voice command. I have no idea what it was called though.

I checked out Ebay just now and found the camera and LCD display for under $30.
I agree about the focus issue though.
Cheers,
Brash

Your best bet would be to get the sun glass monitor screens that you wear. Then attach a pin hole camera to the center of your helmet then run the video out from the camera into the input of the glasses. if you really really want the HUD info on glasses or display its going to get very expensive or use some heavy processing power.

I'm on here looking for instructions on how to make a helmet cuz i was toying with the same idea.
I ran into the same problem with the focus though and so far my solution is to put some sort of lens in front of the screen that would make it appear farther away than it is.
For example like when you look through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars everything looks farther away. I tested this idea with my digital camera and a lens for a monocular and it seems to work pretty well. I just haven't figured out what I can use.

Well im actually doing this to and a little while back i found the solution to the focus issue, the myvu personal media viewer! Its pretty much tv glasses or glasses that have small screens that are equivalent to a 60' tv or around there. If you find a good deal you can swipe a pair for around 50 so not super cheap but sure beats nothing at all

try getting a back up camera and screen for cars. I'm also looking into that idea. so I'm on the same boat.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This is also needed in the gungir helmet for whoever is making one. I may make one with a screen and a camera, maybe multiple cameras

Very interesting ideas but the main problem i see with these is that you have to wear these within the helmet and have the camera facing forward when the visor should do that job for you.
my only suggestion isnt a cheap option but just something to consider untill prices for it come down.
i would recomend checking out AMOLED screens, there flexible to the point that you could wrap the sreen around your arm and still see the image.
i dont have a link but if you search you should come across a computer that was recently in a gagedts con where samsung showed a computer that they had created
the screen allowed you to see through it but no one could see back and you could still clearly see what your doing on the monitor.
just food for thought:)

true!
but in the end it comes down to personal preference and how much $$$ someones willing to spend to get what they want

You don't really need a dispaly for the gungir helmet, just do like what you would do with a eva, cut out that part of the helmet where your eyes are, and then put in a visor in that shape and same color of the rest of the helmet. It should work, at least in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back