Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noes! My computer is infected with a virus! [dun dun dah!]
Seriously though, this is no laughing matter. There is a possibility it may have come from a file here on 405th (well, technically 4shared, but you know what I mean) I'm stuck using the browser on my PSP, which means no video, email, or Pep Designer. In case the virus was from here, remember to take caution with what you download and keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
PS-I'm not sure I posted in the right place. Please tell me if I didn't.

Oh noes! My computer is infected with a virus! [dun dun dah!]
Seriously though, this is no laughing matter. There is a possibility it may have come from a file here on 405th (well, technically 4shared, but you know what I mean)
Doesn't 4shared scan their files? When you click on a link, there's a blue download box that says "No virus detected." Okay, I can't be 100% that that can be taken at face value but if anything else, all FileFront download attempts trigger a warning message on my computer (I got McAfee installed).

Yeah 4shared is pretty legit, never had any issues with it at all. I always scan my downloaded folders before using them anyhow.

4Shared scans all files when they are uploaded and scans them when you go to download. there was a case on here not too long ago of someone downloading a file from the 405th or something and they got a virus not sure if it's connected to this or not. Either way just run a virus search and clean it off your PC.

Well, that certainly sucks, but yes, I've never had a problem with 4shared. believe me, you'll never meet someone as worried and cautious about viruses as me. Just restore your system and be a little more careful around here. It's quite possbile it wasnt from the file, it couldve been someone screwing with the site AGAIN. Or you couldve been somewhere else. if it popped up WHILE you were on here it most liely was not from this site.

Well, the computer's fixed, or at least restored to it's previous, annoyingly tempermental state. Still don't know where it came from, but I'm glad no lasting damage was done.

Awww sad it happened to my laptop, a virus triggered a blue screen o death hence restarting my CPU to its original state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back