Weapon Mount Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsbass09

Jr Member
Hey guys. I've been looking at some reference pictures of Master Chief and looking in-game and I've noticed something that seems to be overlooked. If you look on his thigh, you will see a U-shaped black detail, right about center thigh. I was wondering if you guys think maybe this is actually a weapon mount for a pistol? There's really no reason to have this other than that. The style doesn't really match the rest of the armor. Also, I know it doesn't really stick out like it should if it was actually a weapon mount, but maybe it was just overlooked or maybe it would have taken too much work to do it in the programming. Anyway, I was just hoping to get some feedback on this. It seems pretty practical to work into my armor. As I'm typing, I also just thought about the little holes on the back of the Mk VI chest. Are these possibly for the back-mounted rifles, etc.? Any feedback would be great!

Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot but I can't see the "hook" that you are referring to in pictures. It sounds like a cool idea though if you could incorporate it into armor as a holster for the sidearm.

Its just part of the armor detail, if you read in the Halopedia Halo Wiki, the weapons attach directly to the armor thru some magnetic system built into the suit, sometimes if your watching in some of the game videos, you can actually see when they attach the weapon to the armor some blue energy light thing shines when it attaches to the armor, but if your building the armor you can probably incoporate that hook idea into your build, but on the MKVI pep files that detail is not there and you have to add it so it is possible to do

As an advance species, I don't think the USNC will use hook to hang their weapons. It makes sense to use some biofield or magnetic attachment to hang the weapons. When I build my kids costumes, I used industrial strength velcro to hang their weapons. I've thought of using hook and pin, but they were too much trouble. The velcro works just fine.

MasterChief_right_thigh.jpg

This is the area I was talking about. This is a picture of a MC action figure, so there's a hole to connect a small gun to it and it's not exactly what the real thing looks like, but you get the idea. I figured this had nothing to do with the weapon mount, but I figured if I coupled this "hook" idea with rare earth magnets, it would produce a more sturdy sidearm holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back