What to do for armor neck seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone on the forums cut of a sleeve from a compression shirt and use that as a neck seal. (sorry for not crediting properly. I know youre out there but i forgot your username) Anyway I used that method and it seems to work rather well. You could also try sewing I know there are some templates out there you could use.

One easy way of making a neck only cover that I did on my build is to wrap your neck first in seran wrap, then cover it with duck tape. You do this just like you would for a duck tape mummy/mannequin. You cut it off. then cut it into pieces to make a pattern that you can then use on fabric, or even thin foam. You can then glue them back together, or sew them if you use fabric. Leave some extra fabric/foam in the pattern at the back of the neck to make a closure. If you really feel crafty you can sew it directly to the neckline of your compression shirt, which is what I did with my under-suit.
You can find a link to it in my signature

I made my neck seal from very thin EVA foam and polypropylene straps with steel snaps at the back, it worked really well.

I just use a balaclava. It helps keep the inside of your helmet clean/more comfortable too. As long as you get one that's meant for sun protection and not to keep you warm it isn't too bad as far as heat.

I use this for my suit. It can be a little warm but it keeps my hair and face from showing. Also has an adjustable face mask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251395624162

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll most likely get an adjustable balaclava thing in thin fabric, per MikyVengeance's suggestion. That'll work best since the motorcycle helmet I'm buying for my first Reach armor build has ventilation holes built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back