Why Bondo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerRvB

I'm in the middle of the helm and i was thinking, why bondo. so i bought a gallon of white glue thats water proof, added coats every 4 or 5 hours. and it was really really strong. all i have to do now is add details. but why boondo? anyone know why. and i added this paint thiker to the inside and it was stiff, i needed no fiber glass, any one know why fiber glass

I'm in the middle of the helm and i was thinking, why bondo. so i bought a gallon of white glue thats water proof, added coats every 4 or 5 hours. and it was really really strong. all i have to do now is add details. but why boondo? anyone know why. and i added this paint thiker to the inside and it was stiff, i needed no fiber glass, any one know why fiber glass
well personaly i fing bondo and fiberglass to last longer and is a bit stronger

There's limitless ways to strenghten it, heck concrete could work, it's all about how strong you want it, and how easy it is. What you did is fairly easy and it works great. However fiberglass and bondo would make your armor about as hard as a car bumper. So it's all in how strong you want it. :3

I like to be able to stand on my masks and not have them break. I use fiberglass and resin. What are some brands you guys prefer for fiberglass resin? I have used Bondo resin/filler for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back