Why do YOU build armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i started building armor for the most retarted reason ever...
2 years ago i was surfing google for random pictures and came across this site. and was like Man i have to do it. i saw it and instantly HAD TO DO IT!
so i have been doing it since. i have made 2 suits. working on the silenced pistol. Pain in the @$$!!! i did a LD suit then a HD suit. my HD suit had 4-5 malfunctions due to sizing. wasnt thinging of how it would fit with Clothing on thicker then pajama pants. or with a shirt on atall... lol have to make my HD suit 10 mm bigger. after i get done with my RHD swap on my 240 tho. hobby wise. i have alot. i use to mess around with model cars. i have always raced. i use to paint ball... i have done alot of other things for entertainment and killing my spare time. i have done like 50+ things. and this one has lasted the 2nd longest(raced and modded cars for 20 years now.) i am enjoying the suit building. but shamed to admit i havent played any halo but the first one for xbox.(played it every day till the ex broke my xbox. havent had money to get a new one and 2 halo releases later still havent) i havent played in over 3 years now. but still like making the suits...

Well I build armor because I got bored.
but more seriously I started building costumes because it interested me. and helped get me through the boring times of my life and all in all theres a good market for props :D

many reasons. im a huge halo nerd and fan, and anything i can to do get closer to halo / improve the universe, i will do it.
i also found this site randomly searching red faction?!? but when looking around, i saw many many amazing pieces of work, and i wanted a piece of it, to look awesome. i also wanted to do it becasue i had nothing else to do to fill my time, and i now have a compleded set of armour :)

There are a couple different reasons why I started building. One, I wanted to build an Iron Man suit for myself because I thought the suit looks super cool. two, when I get it done, I am going to go to the local children's hospitals and visit the kids. Maybe it will put a smile on their faces for a while. Three, these types of suits are the ultimate in halloween costuming.

well for me it started when i went to my first Comic Con back in 2010. i don't get the "why" question from my wife because i will be making her a suit of armor for comic con 2011. but i get it from other family members and co-workers. i tell them i like it and its fun so see my design come from the computer to my hands lol

Halo CE first M game I ever bought it was a glorius day the box it came in had what appeared to be the light of heaven shining from it. i've played it through on legendary so many times. (that dosn't mean I'm good at it..) of course i have had affairs with other games but i dont think that makes me a bad halo fan it just means I love anything were you get to run around and blow the crap out off hordes of bad guys and wear supper cool armor while doing it. I had a thought a while back and like many great ideas they tend to have either already been done or there are many people that share the idea but dont think its worth doing until someone actually dose it in this case it had already been done. my idea was why should sweet armor only be limited to video games. a little scouting proved that it isn't only limited to video games in fact it is alive and well in the real world, a notion i think master cheif would be really happy to hear.

Halo has an incredibly special place in my nostalgia because it connects me to my favorite memories of elementary school and early highschool. I spent a few years googling "armor making" and "how to make halo armor" and in grade 8 I finally found the 405th, which was just transitioning out of Mjolnirarmor.com i think it was.

Anyways, it's been 5 years since I found the site, and I still haven't made a full armor set yet, but I find the people, posts, and projects to be a great inspiration for me. I have trouble focusing in on projects and usually drop them, but it makes me happy to see people making things they love from scratch, and developing new ways of creating armor/other costumes.

I love costuming because it makes me feel awesome to wear something that everybody recognises (i've done a Rorschach and "Strangers" costume) and it makes me feel awesome :D

I started to build Halo armor because like a lot of other people, I'm a fan of the series, but I didn't want to be a person saying "I wish I could do something like that" and not do anything. So I wanted to see what I could create with all the help that I get from the 405th. Being able to do justice to the models created by so many talented people here in the 405th, I hope gives them a sence of achievement as much as it does me. Being able to say, "I was able to make your model, and it turned out great", I hope the modelers enjoy seeing just how good their work is. So, I love the halo series, I like creating things, and I love that feeling you get when you've worked really hard on something and it turns out great. That sence of accomplishment can't be beat.

Okay, Okay, New intel!

I decoded a new message in the USA Today. (That’s how ONI sends out its secret messages).

Here’s the deal – The Halo universe is not in our future, it’s in our past!
The Covenant glassed Reach and most of Earth, but the flood survived! Eventually the rings WERE fired! We were reseeded from the ark (where John-117 was too) just like the forerunners planned. The covenant had already left the galaxy to escape the flood when the rings were fired. They have returned to Sanghelios and are now on the brink of civil war. Many Covenant still believe that the Prophets were right all along, others believe what we know to be true. Despite the fact that we were once at war with the Covenant, now they may need our help to quell the uprising. John -117 will be unfrozen to lead a team to halt the uprising, but… There are many on Earth, lead by those who still resent the Covenant for what they did to Earth and Reach who are against giving them any help. They are joined by many even in the UNSC who were against the Spartan program from the outset.

Friends, this is going to be complicated. Build your armor, we will once again have the chance to KILL MORE COVENANT – HOO-RAH!

I've wanted to create armor for the troops for a while, but had no idea where to start. I'm playing with ways to make a light weight, protective armor that would cover more than just the chest. Currently, we're not fighting an organized military, they're using explosives. The body armor we have available will stop about 5 to 7 rounds of 7.62x54 before it's useless, which is nice, but most of what we're getting hit with are improvised explosive devices.

The legs, arms, and most of the head are unprotected. Most of the explosives we face are placed on or under the ground (Or exploding at that level). With Halo, Mass Effect, and some of the more current game that have been coming out, you have characters that are in armor from head to toe. I want to incorporate that with soft armor and plate carriers (Not only for chest protection) to make better armor for the troops, US Border Patrol, and the Police/SWAT. This may or may not work to my liking, and I'm sure there are others working on the same thing under government contract, but I would, at the very least, like to have my own ODST armor with a bit of bullet resistance to humor myself and keep me entertained. I don't plan on being shot at, facing IEDs, or being struck by any potentially life threatening projectiles, but you never know.

Besides, who (Other than Steve Urkel), wouldn't look bad ass in ODST armor?

Well, as a Noob, I have yet to build any armor. I've pepped my helmet over the last few days and today I pepped a left forearm. At this rate I hope to have a wearable/believable full suit of armor and underarmor by Halloween. We shall see. So, onto my reasons:

1. I have always enjoyed scifi and, in particular, Robots in Sci Fi. Halo Armor is much like a Robot, only with a person inside! :) I've always thought it would be really cool to have a fully functioning Huey (Silent Running) as a costume, somehow, to wear to some Halloween party.
2. I'm new to gaming have just received an Xbox as a 2010 Christmas gift. Halo Reach was my third game to try and a BioShock Daddy costume would just be too unweildy.
3. I stumbled on the 405th.com website when searching for methods to make a Halo costume, without even knowing that people out there made Halo Armor. So I guess I was just naturally drawn to it as a real possibility. This site has only encouraged me to go forward with it.
4. I like the idea of belonging to a team, be it a faux military group in game play (never having served in the military), or this forum. I like the support you give and get from team members. I think it would be fun one day to meet others with similar interests and hang out in Halo armor.
5. I also like the anonymity of it all. I think it would be so much fun to donne the armor and mirrored visor and walk amongst others, at a party or even going shopping for groceries at the local Safeway! I don't know if that says something about exhibitionism or what, but I can't wait to attend my first party and NOT let others know who's behind the mirrored visor.
6. I've always been a builder. I've made furniture, musical intruments, house additions, painted custom cars, art, photograhy, etc., etc., and this seems like a nice detour but borrows on and extends some of those talents/skills. Heck, I even have a high end sewing machine (Pfaff?) that's never been used that I will be learning to use when I tackle my underarmor!

Of course, then there's the whole government conspiracy because the Covenant are coming thing too. ;)

because the armor is epic and the idea of resembing master chief in an airsoft war is just plain awsome....too bad i dont really know how to use the paperkera files and such ....el well for now I'm buiding the Mrk Iv spartan suit from cardboard and a heck of alot of patience.

We always have built stuff for Halloween. When the kids come up to get the candy they love it, and later in the year the dad, moms, kids stop us when we are out,and about, and tell us how much they love coming to our home. Then HALO came along, it's just balloon into all kind of cool stuff to build, and play with. Plus I like working with my hands, and when I tell my wife I need a new tool, or some thing cool to build she goes along with me to help pick it out. Most times she is the one who says to get the bigger, better sander, drill, etc.... Life is good.

i build because i love halo, and creating things that disturb the normal people into likeing the weirdness that they probly wont get to have.

I make armor because, its fun. Its something i enjoy doing. I love art and to me this is a form of art, it keeps me busy and out of trouble lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back