WIP: Combine Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperator

Jr Member
Hello all!

I know this is not really halo related but I felt like sharing on how my Combine Soldier from Half Life 2 is coming along. Its really my very first scratch built helmet ever, I tried searching for a pep file on this thing but all I really could find was the Metro Cop one :/ so I decided to make one myself from scratch. The basic skeleton of the helmet is made out of cardboard which I later reinforced with Spackle. I had no clue what bondo was until I stumbled onto this site and the helmet was already done with the spackling part so yeah, you could say I had a face palm moment XD. The LED's are http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/b2c2/ however I might just replace these with something else, since there is enough room inside the "gas filters" for a battery. Im open to productive criticism ;D and any ideas on how to improve it will be appreciated!

Heres some Pics on it: http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy277/Svensk-Kejsare/WIP Combine Soldier/

Update: added some pics on how the first paint job is looking, also added helmet padding to the inside of the back section ;D

(sorry some of the Pics are out of order, uploaded all of them at the same time >.< )

EDIT: added some pics on the helmet from the early days of its construction, it has gone under serious remodeling since then ;P

Thanks ;p For the moment Im just trying to get the Helmet done, I've done some planning on the rest of the suit and hopefully in the near future I'll be able to start on that part!

Awesome dude, I was wondering why there aren't more half-life projects. There so much more you can do with pepakura, but I cant seem to find any other site that have as much info as 405th. Anybody know any others? Keep up the good work man!

Thanks mate! If I can get my hands on the AR I might do one of those, otherwise I'l probably just get a SPAS-12 airsoft gun as a prop ;]

This looks mighty awesome so far. The lenses look great!

Thanks ;D a little hard to see in but adds a great effect!

photo9.jpg

Alright heres how the helmet turned out, sadly couldent get any shots with the LED's on since their batteries ran out :( anyways what you think? First scratch built, enjoy!

Front

photo14.jpg

Left Side

photo9.jpg

Right Side

photo8.jpg

and the Back

photo15.jpg

Thanks for watching! Do check my Killzone thread if you got the time >.> I could use tips/criticism >.<

you going to build the armor too?

Maybe sometime in the far, far away future lol, the Killzone 2 suit is my main priority now for the moment, and all this resin is starting to stack up on my pocket book lol. Prob is its mainly all soft armor, and I cant sew for @%$! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back