WIP - My Masterchief MK VI build

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Ichan, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Hummmm.....not something you read about every day.....Thanks for sharing.

Badkitty and Ichan like this.
  2. xXDashIVXx

xXDashIVXx Active Member

Like door nails inside the helmet instead of padding! :D

Badkitty likes this.
  3. Ichan

Ichan New Member

Thermomalfunction? Never heard of that. I bought a pretty good one though, so I hope to be fine xD

I had to laugh so hard at your and Dirtdives jokes xD I nearly teared up! Thanks too that, now I am motivated to get back to my upper leg armour. :D:D

Dirtdives and Badkitty like this.
  4. Badkitty

Badkitty Member

Yeah well girls gotta stick together ya know. The thermo's I was talking about have elements in them. Nuf said there.

Sean Anwalt, Ichan and Dirtdives like this.
  5. RandomRanger

RandomRanger New Member

Just wanted to say hi :)
    I'm new as well, and also making a set of My VI, though I'm making it out of foam. I think it's going well for me so far, but I think you're gonna have better luck with the finer details by doing fiberglass. I'm trying to compensate by adding a bunch of tech into my suit.

Your build is looking great so far!

Ichan, Badkitty and Dirtdives like this.
  6. serenko3

serenko3 RCO 405th Regiment Officer

For your helmet so it doesn't rub or cut you, use door trim edging. Edit I prefer using the aluminum core stuff as it clamps down better otherwise some glue would be recommended.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Ichan, Badkitty, xXDashIVXx and 2 others like this.
  7. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Member

Yeah thanks had a quick look on YouTube for a tutorial. I'd definitely like to give it a go in the future and compare weight against my normal hardening methods

Dirtdives and Ichan like this.
  8. Ichan

Ichan New Member

We have already planned this in :D we are using Eva for this, cause we have loadss of it at home ;)

Cool! I wish you good luck for when you try it out! Spartan083 recommends you can add up to half of you epoxy mix with bubbles and thixotropy-stuff (only use a few spoons of thixitropy stuff and moaaar bubbles! )

I'll be off now, need to get up and working again, March is approaching quickly, and we need to finish our costumes for LBM

Dirtdives and Sean Anwalt like this.