Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the weight, I'll refer to Elizabeth Moon's "The Deed of Paksenarrion" where she spoke about wearing a helmet all the time....."it strengthens the neck muscles.....makes it harder to cut through". After a while, with the right padding, you forget you are wearing it.

We will definitely pad our helmets! And parts of the other armour. It just fits better, and if it stays in place, the fiberglass won't rough up your skin..

We got big Lipo batteries, and spares for them xD

We will definitely pad our helmets! And parts of the other armour. It just fits better, and if it stays in place, the fiberglass won't rough up your skin..

Cmon! As said before, the more uncomfortable and heavy it is, if you wear it enough, your head a d neck get stronger. So what I'm saying is... pad the interior with nails! (DONT YOU DARE LISTEN TO ME! If you did, we would never be able to see your amazing progress again!)

Cmon! As said before, the more uncomfortable and heavy it is, if you wear it enough, your head a d neck get stronger. So what I'm saying is... pad the interior with nails! (DONT YOU DARE LISTEN TO ME! If you did, we would never be able to see your amazing progress again!)

My bf didn't pad his first armour. He still has scars from the fiberglass cutting into his skin. That was 7 to 8 years ago xD

So don't worry, I will not die that easily xD btw I heard Spartans never die..:D:D

Harri51 Sweating is part of it xD it's either you freeze or overheat. There is simply nothing in between xD

For my MK VI I bought new thermo underwear. In combination with fans we hopefully won't die as easy xD well, as long as the battery is not empty xD

Better watch it with the thermo underwear! I bought a set for a very cold motorcycle outing and I ended up ripping them off on the side of the highway because they malfunctioned. So buy the best you can get, carry a pair of cutters with you to cut the battery if you need to and smile because you know what you're getting into.(y)(y):):D

My bf didn't pad his first armour. He still has scars from the fiberglass cutting into his skin. That was 7 to 8 years ago xD

So don't worry, I will not die that easily xD btw I heard Spartans never die..:D:D

That's right they NEVER DIE unless you want to go swimming and then that's it--dead'er then a door nail!

Better watch it with the thermo underwear! I bought a set for a very cold motorcycle outing and I ended up ripping them off on the side of the highway because they malfunctioned.

Hummmm.....not something you read about every day.....Thanks for sharing.

Better watch it with the thermo underwear! I bought a set for a very cold motorcycle outing and I ended up ripping them off on the side of the highway because they malfunctioned. So buy the best you can get, carry a pair of cutters with you to cut the battery if you need to and smile because you know what you're getting into.(y)(y):):D

That's right they NEVER DIE unless you want to go swimming and then that's it--dead'er then a door nail!
Like door nails inside the helmet instead of padding! :D

Thermomalfunction? Never heard of that. I bought a pretty good one though, so I hope to be fine xD

I had to laugh so hard at your and Dirtdives jokes xD I nearly teared up! Thanks too that, now I am motivated to get back to my upper leg armour. :D:D

Just wanted to say hi :)
I'm new as well, and also making a set of My VI, though I'm making it out of foam. I think it's going well for me so far, but I think you're gonna have better luck with the finer details by doing fiberglass. I'm trying to compensate by adding a bunch of tech into my suit.

Your build is looking great so far!

For your helmet so it doesn't rub or cut you, use door trim edging. Edit I prefer using the aluminum core stuff as it clamps down better otherwise some glue would be recommended.

Last edited:
I will deffenitly keep all of you postet, don't worry :)

As for the glassbubbles: it's an additive that you mix in. We add 4 different parts together: a 2 part mix for the epoxy, then something to make it harder (I don't know the exact English term for this but the chemical term is thixitropy) and then the bubbles.

The bubbles are like tiny airfilled bubbles (hence the name). So you literally put in air to reduce the weight. We find this kind of stuff in shops for modelling in the planes department.

Hope my gibberish English is understandable, with all those technical terms I am well out of my comfort zone :D:D

Yeah thanks had a quick look on YouTube for a tutorial. I'd definitely like to give it a go in the future and compare weight against my normal hardening methods

For your helmet so it doesn't rub or cut you, use door trim edging. Edit I prefer using the aluminum core stuff as it clamps down better otherwise some glue would be recommended.

We have already planned this in :D we are using Eva for this, cause we have loadss of it at home ;)

Yeah thanks had a quick look on YouTube for a tutorial. I'd definitely like to give it a go in the future and compare weight against my normal hardening methods

Cool! I wish you good luck for when you try it out! Spartan083 recommends you can add up to half of you epoxy mix with bubbles and thixotropy-stuff (only use a few spoons of thixitropy stuff and moaaar bubbles! )

I'll be off now, need to get up and working again, March is approaching quickly, and we need to finish our costumes for LBM

It's time to bring some life back into my post here!
Sorry for beeing absent, but we had to finish our two suits for Leipzig book fair! And we did it!
I now had my first ever con in full suit and it was a total blast! Also met some of our comrades form 405th European regiment! Thanks for accepting us with open arms!

I am just dumping a few pictures for now, as we are on our way back home:

This is us in front of our con-car.

Just a little selfie :cool::cool:

I will upload more pictures at home :)

Greetings I_chan and Spartan083

Last edited:
It's time to bring some life back into my post here!
Sorry for beeing absent, but we had to do ish our two suits for Leipzig book fair! And we did it!
I now had my first ever con in full suit and it was a total blast! Also met some of our comrades form 405th European regiment! Thanks for accepting us with open arms!

I am just dumping a few pictures for now, as we are on our way back home:
View attachment 267838

This is us in front of our con-car.

View attachment 267839
Just a little selfie :cool::cool:

I will upload more pictures at home :)

Greetings I_chan and @spartan08
Haha love the car! These pictures are great(I dont know if you know him but in this picture, spartan08 looks kind of like Lewis brindley from the yogscast, just with a goatee XD )

Just wanted to say hi :)
I'm new as well, and also making a set of My VI, though I'm making it out of foam. I think it's going well for me so far, but I think you're gonna have better luck with the finer details by doing fiberglass. I'm trying to compensate by adding a bunch of tech into my suit.

Your build is looking great so far!

We are also adding light and want to add communication like team com xD we go all out xD

We are also adding light and want to add communication like team com xD we go all out xD
This is something I plan on adding as well! I'll probably end up using something like discord to implement it, but I was also looking into radio. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back