Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I plan on adding as well! I'll probably end up using something like discord to implement it, but I was also looking into radio. What are your thoughts?
We are going for walkietalkies. We are thinking of hiding them in some extra armour for the helmet. Adding speakers inside the helmet and a microphone xD but we still have to figure out how exactly xD

We are going for walkietalkies. We are thinking of hiding them in some extra armour for the helmet. Adding speakers inside the helmet and a microphone xD but we still have to figure out how exactly xD
I was able to add speakers relatively easily by taking apart an old bluetooth speaker (Klipsch GiG) and just hotgluing the components into the helmet: Started my first build (Mk VI)
I haven't added a mic yet, but it should be a trivial issue considering I've already fit a screen and raspberry pi into the helmet.

I was able to add speakers relatively easily by taking apart an old bluetooth speaker (Klipsch GiG) and just hotgluing the components into the helmet: Started my first build (Mk VI)
I haven't added a mic yet, but it should be a trivial issue considering I've already fit a screen and raspberry pi into the helmet.

Damn that's nice! Problem is the walkie talkies don't have Bluetooth xD so we need the shortest length for the wire. Don't wanna de-wire our heads before taking of the suits xD or some other way to maybe add Bluetooth... xD

Damn that's nice! Problem is the walkie talkies don't have Bluetooth xD so we need the shortest length for the wire. Don't wanna de-wire our heads before taking of the suits xD or some other way to maybe add Bluetooth... xD
Depending on your walkie you can add a headset with a squelch circuit so that it is only active when you're talking. There's a few different styles out there and low profile is usually a good idea inside a bucket.

What I was more trying to point out was I've found it relatively easy to gut components out and use them without their case. I imagine you can do the same thing with the walkie talkies.

What I was more trying to point out was I've found it relatively easy to gut components out and use them without their case. I imagine you can do the same thing with the walkie talkies.

That is an idea..we didn't plan on taking out the insides of the walkie talkies.. this could save space. But we actually wanted them to be removable..
Need to talk this trough with my partner xD

That is an idea..we didn't plan on taking out the insides of the walkie talkies.. this could save space. But we actually wanted them to be removable..
Need to talk this trough with my partner xD
Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. If you want to be able to use the walkie-talkies outside of their use in the helmet then I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
On another note: I just started playing with software radio's last week, and may want to get a software radio which would allow it to operate as a walki-talkie, traditional music radio, police scanner, or really interact with anything that uses radio signals. Problem is I don't think ones that can transmit as well are cheap, plus I don't have a HAM license yet.

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. If you want to be able to use the walkie-talkies outside of their use in the helmet then I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
On another note: I just started playing with software radio's last week, and may want to get a software radio which would allow it to operate as a walki-talkie, traditional music radio, police scanner, or really interact with anything that uses radio signals. Problem is I don't think ones that can transmit as well are cheap, plus I don't have a HAM license yet.

Well we want to keep the walkie talkies intact, because we also need them for other stuff XD
We want to get team com ready till next weekend xD we always have time troubles

I wish you good luck with your software radio. If it works, it would be awesome xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back